PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Thread

Scottie
6th January 2010, 07:50 PM
With the recent news of being told I am Diabetic I've obviously had to make some changes.

Diet to loose weight etc etc give up the fags and also my fitness. I walk every day for an hour and for 2 hours every Sat and Sun always have done but I need to do more. I'm not a gym person:frown:

Not wanting to waste my money like what I have done over the years I've decided today to hire an Elliptical Trainer from Fitness Takaway ( I didn't know you could hire) 6 weeks for £50 seems not bad to me. Also swimming with some girls from my work 40 laps a week.

This better work getting me fitter and slimmer.

So what do you guys do to keep fit.?

stoney
6th January 2010, 07:53 PM
work as i have a manual job it keeps me fit allways lifting and puling stuff apart from that i exsursie my hands and eyes by typing on here and playing my ps3

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 08:15 PM
With the recent news of being told I am Diabetic I've obviously had to make some changes.

Diet to loose weight etc etc give up the fags and also my fitness. I walk every day for an hour and for 2 hours every Sat and Sun always have done but I need to do more. I'm not a gym person:frown:

Not wanting to waste my money like what I have done over the years I've decided today to hire an Elliptical Trainer from Fitness Takaway ( I didn't know you could hire) 6 weeks for £50 seems not bad to me. Also swimming with some girls from my work 40 laps a week.

This better work getting me fitter and slimmer.

So what do you guys do to keep fit.?

Hope you get the results you want. I need to give myself a shake too. I think a brisk 20min walk each day and some swimming will be a great start.

Scottie
6th January 2010, 08:23 PM
work as i have a manual job it keeps me fit allways lifting and puling stuff apart from that i exsursie my hands and eyes by typing on here and playing my ps3

wish I had a manual job. After some 28 years of office work my hands, elbows and shoulders are shot.

Craig
6th January 2010, 08:30 PM
used to play five a sides, but gave that up as my knees couldn't take it.. :rolleyes:

I am now getting back into exercise. Walking a few nights a week, going to get my bike out when the weather is better and once I have a bit more fitness I will be going to a circuit class twice a week, but if I went right now, it would kill me.. :lol:

Ally S
6th January 2010, 09:03 PM
I need to get out on my bike more but the weather is in the way. My fitness is weather dependant.

Am planning on swimming regularly though. I used to swim in a club years ago.

Mini Ecosse
6th January 2010, 09:44 PM
A new bike on the cards when the weather improves.
Also more walking with camera is on the cards
Big effort to cut down on :popcorn:and chocie biccies:yes nod:

Gismo
7th January 2010, 05:42 AM
I used to swim in a club years ago.I use a swimming pool, much easier :lol:

Since i'm moving to the states i'm gonna have to make time for excercise, literally no pavements means driving everywhere so, may invest in some kind of torture device for the home

stoney
7th January 2010, 09:08 AM
wish I had a manual job. After some 28 years of office work my hands, elbows and shoulders are shot.

well put it this way fi my back and knees will prob be shot when i get older due to the haevy lifting and being on my hands and knees a lot(insert pun :p)

so all jobs have there pros and cons im lucky mine keeps me fairly fit but also sit on my bum driving for a lot of the time :cool:

Burple
7th January 2010, 10:31 AM
An hour of badminton at least 3 times a week is a good wee workout.. especially with some of the guys I play with!:eek:

Hope to get the bike out when it gets a wee bit warmer too and cycle to work now and again..

I should probably try to make better use of ther Uni gym and get to some classes.. but that's hard work! :p:smilewinkgrin:

Big Gordy
7th January 2010, 10:32 AM
Mountain biking for me Fi:thumbs up: Although I ain't going out when its like this:frown:

Sheilz
7th January 2010, 07:56 PM
Housework, little bit of gardening, washing and waxing Dougall, sauntering rather than walking across the beach or whereever with my camera. Used to get some exercise turning the ignition key but of course thats now gone now with the advent of the starter button. I like the thought of regular exercise, in fact I think of it a lot but the chances of me committing to any regular exercise routine are as likely as me owning a different mini for every day of the week. I think that makes me an out and out slob :frown:

Forbes
7th January 2010, 09:56 PM
I have started going to the gym more. Need to get back into Golf once the weather improves aswell

Scottie
11th January 2010, 10:25 PM
tonight was the first real night on the Elliptical Trainer (I've had that stinking cold that's been going about still got a wee bit ) so only mucked about with the trainer over the weekend. Done 7 kilometers on it tonight and I'm knackered at a average speed between 12mph (lowest) and 16mph (highest) heart rate up to 160 settled back down within 15 mins.

The Dogfather
11th January 2010, 10:35 PM
I have a elliptical trainer as well. When I'm on a health kick I use it 4 -5 times a week for about 40 minutes a shot.

Its a good way of improving your fitness without putting pressure on your joints.

Scottie
11th January 2010, 10:46 PM
I have a elliptical trainer as well. When I'm on a health kick I use it 4 -5 times a week for about 40 minutes a shot.

Its a good way of improving your fitness without putting pressure on your joints.

Well I don't find it easy thats for sure. I couldn't go 40 mins without stopping I would be dead it actually took just under the 10 mins for my heart rate to settle at the 72 so my fitness is not great but not bad.

illegalhunter
11th January 2010, 11:02 PM
I train BJJ( Brazillan Jui Jitsui) 3 hrs Mon 2hrs wed 2 hrs thur 2hrs sat . Freestyle wrestling 1 hrs thur 1hr sat

baptie
11th January 2010, 11:29 PM
Go to gym twice a week, up to three at the min to get rid of crimbo belly.
When the sun shines I like a bit of mountain biking and running, Done three 10k's in the past 2 years.

Like a drink or three so the Gym's a must, stopped smoking 2year ago (Sept) defo got more lung capacity, no more cash as the 'S' is thirsty.

The winter darker nights is Gym and COD Free for All to keep the heart rate up!

Livi
12th January 2010, 12:27 AM
Was at the Gym with my old man yesterday (powerlifter @ 17-18st in weight) to see what the gym was like and i quite enjoyed it, so ill be joining him once the next few months are over with for 4-5 times a week @ 2 hour sessions.

Same time, ill be stopping smoking (hopefully, but ill give it a better shot than last time)

Stewart
12th January 2010, 12:54 AM
I just have my set routine of going three time a week to the gym, nothing crazy weight wise it’s all on machines not free weights but I start with a 15 min bike ride, then its about an hour or so going round the machines up in EK.

I have a two gardens that takes up a bit of time and effort in the summer I can spend hours striping the grass etc and keeps me ticking over as well as the car washing, well it gets you outside and I enjoy it.

Gismo
12th January 2010, 07:56 AM
I run to the pub from the taxi if it's raining :lol: seriously though, i'm gonna get some kind of exercise machine when i get to the states

dark knight
12th January 2010, 12:20 PM
For me it's Thai boxing 4 hours a week twice a week, sheds the pounds

Forbes
12th January 2010, 12:52 PM
I run to the pub from the taxi if it's raining :lol: seriously though, i'm gonna get some kind of exercise machine when i get to the states
You can get out in the nice weather over there

Livi
12th January 2010, 01:30 PM
I have a two gardens that takes up a bit of time and effort in the summer I can spend hours striping the grass etc and keeps me ticking over as well as the car washing, well it gets you outside and I enjoy it.

Get yourself an old army pushmower!

i have one at mums house and she has a big big garden and its good workout!

Stewart
12th January 2010, 01:50 PM
It takes me a few hours with the Honda petrol as it is. If i had to push the dam thing I'd be Heart attack material. In summer I do it twice a week so thats enough exercise. But Valid point the old boy across the street has a push mower and he's 92 and he paints his gutters, window sills the lot and puts the rest to shame.