PDA

View Full Version : Grille Badge

Sheilz
4th January 2010, 11:00 PM
Can anyone tell me if they know of a UK stockist of a metallic grille badge? I've hunted the net but can't find anyone other than minimania.uk. This site is currently not processing any orders though the US one is.
Thanks

AndyP & Lenore
5th January 2010, 12:37 AM
Shielz, is it this one you're looking for...

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/MINI/blueminidec09-14.JPG

Or is it something else?

A.

JOHN MILNE
5th January 2010, 12:03 PM
if thats the one you require i got mine as a kit from derek woodman mini
01253607500 the kit cost about £30.00 + postage

AndyP & Lenore
5th January 2010, 01:35 PM
if thats the one you require i got mine as a kit from derek woodman mini
01253607500 the kit cost about £30.00 + postage

Are you sure that's the same one John? I had to get mine out in America 'cos David at JC's couldn't get them in the UK. Mine is just a plain grille badge holder and the badge is purchased from todsmods.com???? on Motoring File.

A.

Bazthemod
5th January 2010, 02:10 PM
This is the other badge.... most dealers down south seem to be able to order them according to Mini 2

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt268/BarryMcGinlay/web.jpg?t=1262697467

JOHN MILNE
5th January 2010, 03:10 PM
its the same badge as the one baz has

Livi
5th January 2010, 05:22 PM
Most dealers in UK will refuse.

Baz only got his from me out of luck as BMW held these to the Camden and Mayfair chassis after i ordered his.

i cant get in trouble from BMW about the mass order on 1 chassis as it would look obvious lol.

As far as im aware, BMW USA have been releasing these to UK customers as the rules are slightly easier than the UK.

Gismo
5th January 2010, 05:32 PM
I'm off to the states on the 16th, if folks want another package brought back then contact Sandy Sansing in Pensacola and i can pick the badges up :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
5th January 2010, 06:03 PM
The two badges have a very different look.

We looked at the one Baz has which as David says is limited to the Camden, and really didn't like the chunky look to it - no offense Baz.:blush:

We decided to plump for the sleeker magnetic disc badge holder which is both our red MINI and the blue MINI as show above.:thumbs up:

It's just down to individual preferences I guess.

A.:D

Forbes
5th January 2010, 07:08 PM
But surely Baz has the orginal. The others are close but not the original if you know what I mean

AndyP & Lenore
5th January 2010, 07:31 PM
But surely Baz has the orginal. The others are close but not the original if you know what I mean

Baz has the "original" as intended for the Camden etc.

The ones we got in the US are actually just a metallic badge plate which bolts on to the car. You can stick any old magnetic badge on it. TodMods had a vast range of badges you could buy for it. I think that badge holder is just an American item only, not necessarily model specific.

A.

Sheilz
6th January 2010, 03:09 AM
Hi, thanks. Its the non-Baz one I'm after. Santa put a couple of badges in my stocking but have nowhere to put them!