PDA

View Full Version : AndyP's weight challenge

AndyP & Lenore
4th January 2010, 10:25 PM
In early summer 2009 I took a long look at myself in the mirror and realising when I looked side-on I had to move backwards and forwards to see the whole 'me' I figured I had to loose some weight. And loose it I did. I lost 2 stone between June and September 2009, coming down from 16st 12lb to 14st 12lb. I was well chuffed that I had moved from "obese" to "overweight" in the BMI index. Folk who know a bit about the BMI graphs will know that with the frame I have, being 'normal' in weight is almost impossible, so just "overweight" was good enough for me. However, the many Christmas indulgences and the fact that I just love to eat food has seen me put too much weight back on and I'm now up to 15st 11lb.:blush:

So, the challenge begins.:thumbs up:

We're off on holiday at the end of March and I want to loose another 2stone by then. So I'm going to keep a wee diary right here on NMS, logging my weekly weigh-ins. Target weight 13st 11lb.

Saturday 2nd January - 15st 11lb
Sunday 9th January - 15st 7lb
Sunday 16th January - 15st 7lb

A.

Sheilz
4th January 2010, 11:12 PM
Good luck with that one. Christmas just kills the waistline!

Craig
4th January 2010, 11:13 PM
I feel your pain mate. :yes nod:

I too lost a fair pile of weight last year up to the summer and with all the things that happened in our life in the past 6 months, doing exercise and eating healthily were second to lots of other things.. :rolleyes:

Jude and myself have both agreed to make a more concerted effort to eat better and do some excercise :thumbs up:

I wish you all the best with it mate. Fingers crossed you get your target :yes nod:

Scottie
4th January 2010, 11:18 PM
Best of luck I am sure you will do it.

I am not allowed to indulge these days and I have to say I felt great over the festive period having not over indulged and maintaining my diet.

Sort of different for me as my weight loss is a must do and a change of life but I am happy doing it.

The Dogfather
4th January 2010, 11:30 PM
Good for you Andy, I've set myself a goal which to achieve I'm going to have to shed the pounds as well.

audrey
5th January 2010, 12:30 AM
Good Luck :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
5th January 2010, 12:33 AM
Cheers guys. Appreciate your support.:thumbs up:

Craig, no-one can possibly blame you for falling off the weight-waggon. 2009 was a trying year for you guys. Let's hope 2010 brings health and happiness to all.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Gismo
5th January 2010, 05:10 AM
Good on you Andy and the best of luck, you'll know that the older we get the harder it is for the weight to come off, so, rooting for you.
A potential to use the Blog to keep your progress up to date

Mini Ecosse
5th January 2010, 08:56 AM
Good luck with your diet. :thumbs up:

RyanK
5th January 2010, 11:44 AM
Nice one Andy, Good luck with it!

I need to lose about 1 stone and a half for the summer. I think I should be able to do it in 5 months time :D

How did you shift the weight last year? Primarily eating healthy or fitness every day?

Burple
5th January 2010, 01:23 PM
we're off to India for 10 days or so at the end of Jan.. so the Delhi-belly should see off the christmas tubbiness!!! lol :laugh::laugh:

The airport security is NOT gonna be fun for that one... :frown:

Good luck with the plan Andy! :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
5th January 2010, 01:33 PM
Nice one Andy, Good luck with it!

I need to lose about 1 stone and a half for the summer. I think I should be able to do it in 5 months time :D

How did you shift the weight last year? Primarily eating healthy or fitness every day?

Cheers Ryan.:thumbs up:

Last year was a stringent regime of 6 hours heavy work out every day, pumping iron, 10mile hikes and 3 hours swimmi...... LOL.. Sorry, can't type for laughing. Work out? ME? ROFLMAO.:laugh:

No, I just reduced the quantity of food I was eating which was getting ridiculously out of control, and concentrated on reducing the amount of fat I consumed. The recommended daily limit is 90g. At the time I was accidentally using the female recommendation of70g. So I was making sure out of ALL the food I consumed was LESS than 70g. Worked a treat. Changed to Walkers Baked crisps and Ryvita Mini's instead of normal fatty crisps. I cut the fat off ALL food, bacon, beef, pork etc. Cooked more at home, and ate less takeaway's.

Plan is to do the same this time round.

A.

Burple
5th January 2010, 04:28 PM

Last year was a stringent regime of 6 hours heavy work out every day, pumping iron, 10mile hikes and 3 hours swimmi...... LOL.. Sorry, can't type for laughing. Work out? ME? ROFLMAO.:laugh:

Sorry to hijack andy.. but I saw this and thought of you...
;)

http://revistes.upc.es/wiki/images/f/f2/Rofl-mao.jpg

:laugh::laugh:

camjay
5th January 2010, 04:35 PM
Good Luck to you.
I need to diet as well. I was supposed to start today, but met up with my workmates for coffee this morning and I ended up having a full English! I'll try again tomorrow, its sooooo hard. x

RyanK
5th January 2010, 04:48 PM

No, I just reduced the quantity of food I was eating which was getting ridiculously out of control, and concentrated on reducing the amount of fat I consumed. The recommended daily limit is 90g. At the time I was accidentally using the female recommendation of70g. So I was making sure out of ALL the food I consumed was LESS than 70g. Worked a treat. Changed to Walkers Baked crisps and Ryvita Mini's instead of normal fatty crisps. I cut the fat off ALL food, bacon, beef, pork etc. Cooked more at home, and ate less takeaway's.

Plan is to do the same this time round.

A.

Haha :D

Thanks for the heads up regarding how to go about it. Im gonna make a start soon. Funny thing is that last year I was out running every night and only shed around 5lbs over 1 month. I think I need to keep on running combined with a good diet

I eat crap all the time :D

AndyP & Lenore
5th January 2010, 04:57 PM
Sorry to hijack andy.. but I saw this and thought of you...
;)

http://revistes.upc.es/wiki/images/f/f2/Rofl-mao.jpg

:laugh::laugh:

Sorry, but that looks nothing like me.:laugh:

Delboy
5th January 2010, 08:02 PM
Good luck with the weight challenge :thumbs up:. I've dieted several times and lost 3 stone a few years back so I know how hard it can be. Once you get started and you see the pounds coming off then I find that you get even more motivated to continue and keep to a strict diet.

I might be joining you in a similar quest very soon :yes nod:.

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 08:23 PM
Good luck Andy, I think that will be my new years resolution along with one or two others.

AndyP & Lenore
10th January 2010, 11:36 PM
Tricky week:frown:. Started the week with every intention of keeping to the diet, and I have done, with just a few strays from the regime. The weather, in particular the heavy snow on Wednesday, has caused havoc at work and culminated with being called in to a fire alarm incident in the cinema on Saturday morning at 8am. It wasn't a fire, thank goodness, but a burst pipe had flooded part of the bingo which sits underneath the cinema and tripped the smoke sensor. So began a 16 hour day chasing leaks, shutting off stop-co cks and mopping up floods all over the building. Lunch was a rushed fat filled baguette and dinner was a rushed chippy!! Got home at half-midnight and pigged out on crisps and chocolate.:frown:

Balanced against that, I must have shifted about 2 tonne of snow off my drive, then moved it from one side of the drive to the other so we can get both MINI's out if we need to. So that will have used up a fair few calories.

So, still managed to drop 4lb's this week. Which I'm delighted with.:thumbs up:

Next week, we must double our efforts!:yes nod:

A.:thumbs up:

audrey
11th January 2010, 12:05 AM
4lb's in a week is brilliant well done :clap::clap:

Mini Ecosse
11th January 2010, 08:20 AM
Well done :thumbs up:

Gismo
11th January 2010, 08:29 AM
Well done :thumbs up:Ditto :thumbs up:

stoney
11th January 2010, 09:44 AM
yep well done that man

GCA3N
11th January 2010, 10:50 AM
good on you. Don't take it off too quickly. Speaking from one with experience in loosing weight and putting it back on again i found that rappid weight lose seems to go back on much easier. Anyway like I say very well done mate.

camjay
11th January 2010, 08:06 PM
Well done. 4lbs is great!

I'm with you, started my diet today. I'm fine during the week - its the weekends that I sturggle with! :yes nod:

Craig
11th January 2010, 08:15 PM
Well Done Mr P... :thumbs up:

I need to get my backside into gear... this weather isn't helping with the exercise thing tho... :argh:

illegalhunter
11th January 2010, 11:05 PM
Good luck with the diet. I have to make the under 93 kg class in a bjj comp , so thats a 3kg weight cut . I do this over 3 days by dehidrating

AndyP & Lenore
18th January 2010, 12:14 AM
Hit a barrier this week:frown:. No weight loss at all:frown:. Not enough planning, a rushed chinese and a chippy has blown any good the rest of the weeks semi-healthy eating did.:frown:

Efforts must (and will) be doubled.:thumbs up:

Sheilz
18th January 2010, 01:18 AM
On a positive note - you didn't put on any wieght so never mind and better luck next week :thumbs up: