PDA

View Full Version : Place for a week in July

Craig
4th January 2010, 08:19 PM
we have got most of our holidays sorted for this year, but we have a week in July still to sort out.

we are looking for a lodge or cottage to go to somewhere in scotland. Angus/Tayside or up the far north is our preferred. Done a few internet searches, but not finding anything that suits. We don't like tired accomodation, the newer the better.

Anyone got any recommendations? :thumbs up:

m8cxc
4th January 2010, 08:29 PM
lovley cosy cottage in lossiemouth we stayed in for 5 days as my brother liived there its on site called holidaylettings.co.uk beautiful view over the beach, think it was called seaview or seatown cottage lovley finished inside very modern in an old house we liked it very much and nice place to visit also,

Scottie
4th January 2010, 08:45 PM
can't go wrong with these guys

http://www.littleholidayhouses.com/search

joec73
5th January 2010, 07:29 PM
drumsynie do log cabins (not sure on spelling) in lochgoilhead
just off the rest and be thankful

camjay
5th January 2010, 08:42 PM
My friend owns a cottage in Port Appin near Oban, which she rents out. Not east coast or terribly north, but apparently very nice indeed. I could get details if you were interested. x

Craig
5th January 2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks very much for all the info folks... Looks like we are near a decision. Thanks for the offer camjay, but I think we know where we are going..:thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
5th January 2010, 10:47 PM
Thanks very much for all the info folks... Looks like we are near a decision. Thanks for the offer camjay, but I think we know where we are going..:thumbs up:

Phew looks like we had another close call:laugh::laugh:

Craig
5th January 2010, 11:06 PM
Phew looks like we had another close call:laugh::laugh:

:thud::moonie::lol:

camjay
5th January 2010, 11:14 PM
No Probs! At least someone's relieved! LOL

Crombers
6th January 2010, 09:06 AM
No Probs! At least someone's relieved! LOL

The whole of flippin Oban is relieved more like :lol:

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 09:49 AM
we have got most of our holidays sorted for this year, but we have a week in July still to sort out.

we are looking for a lodge or cottage to go to somewhere in scotland. Angus/Tayside or up the far north is our preferred. Done a few internet searches, but not finding anything that suits. We don't like tired accomodation, the newer the better.

Anyone got any recommendations? :thumbs up:

We're hoping to move in June craig or else you could hve come over and stayed at castle Allan. Other wise I know of a beautiful B&B in lochranza (4 star) that I could get you a discount in. Very very nice indeed.

Gismo
6th January 2010, 10:02 AM
We're hoping to move in JuneEh, you only just got there, or, are you chasing the sunshine :rolleyes:

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 10:06 AM
Sun left lochranza in November and won't be back till Febuary, i kid you not. Kim's not settling and the roads are pants, add to that shopping at the Co-op, 129p for unleaded, and missing all the amazing NMS stuff, we're thinking about Troon, Ayr, possibly back to Largs or even up near Aberdeen ( so I can get some car park pics by Ben)

Big Gordy
6th January 2010, 10:52 AM
We spent a lovely week up past Inverness near Fort George last year. Think it was Dolphin bay cottages. Very modern converted old inn I think it was.

Forbes
6th January 2010, 11:03 AM
Sun left lochranza in November and won't be back till Febuary, i kid you not. Kim's not settling and the roads are pants, add to that shopping at the Co-op, 129p for unleaded, and missing all the amazing NMS stuff, we're thinking about Troon, Ayr, possibly back to Largs or even up near Aberdeen ( so I can get some car park pics by Ben)
Yeahhh boi!! You should.

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 12:47 PM
Yeahhh boi!! You should.

Any suggestions area wise, thinking no closer that 20 miles from Aberdeen preferable West side.

Gismo
6th January 2010, 01:03 PM
Buying or renting? if renting i have the ideal place.....................................mine

RyanK
6th January 2010, 01:03 PM
Any suggestions area wise, thinking no closer that 20 miles from Aberdeen preferable West side.

Nice one! Lol at the car park pics :D

Westhill, Elrick, Ellon, Kintore, Inverurie, Alford, Bridge of Don (possibly too city orientated), Balmedie, Bieldside, Cove, Kingsells, Blackburn etc etc

Most of the above aren't 20+ miles out of the city centre though. Turriff is though, and there are lots of brand new houses for relatively cheap!

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 01:24 PM
Well maybe we could Talk Alan would probs be renting initially. What the schools like in montrose?

Craig
6th January 2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the info folks - also thanks Greig for the offer, much appreciated.. :thumbs up:

Looks like we are going HERE (http://www.wildernesscottages.co.uk/property.php?id_cot=162) It's in the area we wanted and it's the kinda style we like. :thumbs up:

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 08:59 PM
looks amazing craig.

Mini Ecosse
6th January 2010, 09:51 PM
Wow that looks great:thumbs up:

Please advise what day is open day for NMS members:thumbs up:

It would be great if you could organise a BBQ and NO midges:lol::lol:

Craig
6th January 2010, 10:19 PM
Wow that looks great:thumbs up:

Please advise what day is open day for NMS members:thumbs up:

It would be great if you could organise a BBQ and NO midges:lol::lol:

LOL ;)

aye, it looks to be a nice setting and not too far from Inverness and Beauly etc. :thumbs up: