PDA

View Full Version : Harry Fairbairn Irvine

Scottie
4th January 2010, 07:01 PM
Anyone dealt with them when buying a car.??

Are they any good? open to discounts?

They have a camden that is due in soon noticed it on mini cherished the night it can only have went on the past day or so? Has a MFSW which is something I keen to have.

m8cxc
4th January 2010, 08:24 PM
ive been in twice in last 6 weeks need to watch as they dont update there website often still car oon there that was sold 6 weeks ago they offered me a great price for my car but they didnt have what i was lookin for at the time the 1 i wanted was sold nut hadnt been taken of the site guy i dealt with was stuart gossling or david not sure his second name and also not sure of discounts as didnt get that far, but i get my car serviced there and they been very good with me hope this helps

ianking
5th January 2010, 09:45 AM
I called them when I was buying my JCW as they had one in stock as well. It was a female I dealt with. She was quite rude on the phone. I sent Jason (N12JLK) in to see the car on my behalf as he was in the area and they were rude to him too.
Told them to stick it and bought my JCW from Scotthall Mini in Leeds, got a better speced car for less money and a better price for my trade in and it was a nice place to deal with.

Stewart
5th January 2010, 03:29 PM
Have to say before I got my Mini I wanted to try the Cooper D and at the time Giffnock did not have one to try so went there. They were kind enough to give me a short run in one. But offered a poor trade in on my Honda on a split new cooper to order. Guy I felt was rude as well as he could not work out that I did not want the basic Cooper in red in the showroom when i said I was looking for Blue or Silver. After I said listen its not what I'm looking for (it had nothing and I mean nothing basic as you could get.) he got all huffy, he actually said " There is nothing wrong with the Red Cooper"

So said thanks for the test drive and left. This was all before the **** hit the fan in the banking world....

I like the camden but cant get one, was told never to get a white car by a clairvoyance :blush: she said the same thing about painting my friends front door, she went on Holiday, her father poped round and painted her green door white and bang death in the family next day.

illegalhunter
5th January 2010, 05:21 PM
They are pants, you will be lucky to get a penny off them.

Scottie
5th January 2010, 06:53 PM
thanks think I'll not bother with them.

KenL
5th January 2010, 07:42 PM
Every dealer can be different for different people.

Remember the conflicting opinions regarding the dealer in Stirling!

So I say give them a try, you have nothing to lose.

ianking
5th January 2010, 08:58 PM
Im pretty sure Eastern have a Camden S on at the moment. I spotted it recently with their M1NEE plate on it. Why not phone Victoria and ask when its available.

Scottie
5th January 2010, 09:01 PM
Im pretty sure Eastern have a Camden S on at the moment. I spotted it recently with their M1NEE plate on it. Why not phone Victoria and ask when its available.

thinking about that Ian but I noticed when I was looking at it one of the wheels was marked not sure they would replace them

KenL
5th January 2010, 09:06 PM
thinking about that Ian but I noticed when I was looking at it one of the wheels was marked not sure they would replace them

If they want a sale they will, surely?

ianking
5th January 2010, 09:06 PM
I wouldnt let a marked wheel put you off Fi.
Im sure they would repair it or maybe if you haggled nice they would replace it and give you the old one back as a spare.
However would you not end up changing the rims anyway :p:smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
5th January 2010, 09:10 PM
your are correct I would most likely want to change the rims for winter anyway as they wouldn't fair very well. I would want to keep it pretty much as a limited edition without change well my CF trims would suit around the lights. Would leave me plenty of items to sell

Scottie
5th January 2010, 09:12 PM
it's just finding the right motor without having to travel far to get it. I'm to old for all that now I just want to shop around the corner these days.

ianking
5th January 2010, 09:30 PM
Well if you go for it and you end up selling your JCW steering wheel then give me a shout.

Scottie
5th January 2010, 09:35 PM
will do

Ivano
6th January 2010, 12:22 AM
I am pretty sure i saw a brand new Camden in the Douglas Park showroom on Kyle Street in Glasgow City Centre when i passed by last week..

Gismo
6th January 2010, 07:04 AM
Have you asked John Clark's to trace a Camden for you, they may even have one in the showroom

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 09:34 AM
I bought my car from here and found them very pleasant to deal with, would certainly go back anyway. I guess it's like everything else though when you are spending your money most places are good. Only time will tell if I have any major issues will they pull through. In saying that I had the diesel rattle and it was sorted very quickly and easily. I used stuart Gossling and found him very pleasant to deal with.