PDA

View Full Version : Xenons looking at the floor

Craig
3rd January 2010, 06:03 PM
after not using my car for the last few days, I went out to use the car and have noticed that the auto levelling is not working. I have tried the fix of slamming the bonnet shut a few times (gently of course) and it;s still happening. It's as if the auto levelling is not trying at all and they are stuck in the lowest setting.:sad:

AndyP thought they were frozen solid and that might be the case - any other tips to try and fix this problem?

ta :thumbs up:

Bazthemod
3rd January 2010, 06:27 PM
The bonnet slam is more of a fix for Halogen lamps i think... dunno how the first gen xenons are ballasted ... could be that they are frozen. Get a hairdryer on the back of them lol

Craig
3rd January 2010, 06:40 PM
The bonnet slam is more of a fix for Halogen lamps i think... dunno how the first gen xenons are ballasted ... could be that they are frozen. Get a hairdryer on the back of them lol

that was going to be my next try ... lol

Craig
3rd January 2010, 09:52 PM
well, I went out to get the dinner and they are working fine again... weird as it is -3 now and it was warmer earlier...

Crombers
4th January 2010, 10:43 AM
Obviously frozen ya nugget :rolleyes:

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 04:14 PM
On a similar note Craig on the way to Aberdeen last week the temp gauge went to -16 deg C. Now I know trying to operate the water at this temp was daft (even if it was pure undiluted screen wash) the xenon light cleaners came out and froze. I never noticed until I stopped and they were sticking out. The chrome cover also came off but I retrieved it. It does'nt look damaged, does anyone know if this just clips in place?

josh_r53
12th January 2010, 08:54 PM
Turn the wheel to the right all the way and look under the car. You should see a little box with an arm coming off it. There is one right front and one left rear (I believe) that control the auto level.

look at the sensors and the arms to make sure they are undamaged.

also, the silver bit on the light is connected to a removable black plastic part that pushes into the end of the water jet on the light, is the silver part is on its own? it should just click on, if the black plastic part is attached put a wee bit of glue on it and push it into the end of the scoosher,

Craig
13th January 2010, 08:57 AM
Lights not working properly again this morning which made for a fun drive into work... :argh: Will try what you suggest Josh and then go from there. Cheers :clap:

KenL
14th January 2010, 08:33 PM
Obviously frozen ya nugget :rolleyes:

Eh! Are these not tested to (and probably required by some standard) to work at temperatures way below what we experience in Scotland?

Crombers
15th January 2010, 09:05 AM
Eh! Are these not tested to (and probably required by some standard) to work at temperatures way below what we experience in Scotland?

But I'm the Pantomime Villain, I aim to 'pester' :nag:

GCA3N
15th January 2010, 10:26 AM

And might I say what a brilliant job your doing.

Big Gordy
15th January 2010, 10:31 AM
More like one of the ugly sisters if you ask me:moonie:

Crombers
15th January 2010, 10:35 AM

I can adapt into various roles :thumbs up:

KenL
15th January 2010, 11:26 AM

Please stay on topic and save this sort of thing for the banter section :hand:

Burple
15th January 2010, 12:10 PM

"Last edited by Big Gordy; Today at 09:31 AM. Reason: It wouldn't let me put Widow T****y....lol"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's possibly the best filter ownage i've ever seen!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: