PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Mods!

N16SHP
2nd January 2010, 09:11 PM
So then folks, i'm interested in what others are planning for 2010 for their Mini's.

A'l star by saying i'm going to get a roof decal, possibly a black grille surround, and some JCW Challenge alloys and Nokians for next winter!!!

As Martin is proving, the list is endless for roof decals, but the superman logo is currently on my short list!

Craig
2nd January 2010, 10:09 PM
Got a new set of rims for summer already in the garage.

looking at suspension for the car and maybe a manifold and who knows, maybe a bigger intercooler. :thumbs up:

all depends on cash tho, which is very scarce at present :rolleyes:

Scottie
2nd January 2010, 10:20 PM
I'm planning to sell mine and either get

1. A Camden
2. Cooper S Hatch
3. Cooper S Clubman
4. Cooper D Clubman
5. Mini 4x4 depending on what it looks like.

stoney
2nd January 2010, 10:44 PM

looking at suspension for the car and maybe a manifold and who knows, maybe a bigger intercooler. :thumbs up:

this would be the first thing i would do then intercooler GRS is the way to go

stoney
2nd January 2010, 10:48 PM
well i have a few things thing in store for my R53 jcw but not telling just yet :smilewinkgrin::thumbs up:

Forbes
2nd January 2010, 10:52 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if I changed wheels a couple of times. Nothing that major this year otherwise

Sheilz
2nd January 2010, 11:42 PM
Would like to get some new wheels, nice shiny black ones. Would also like to get the wiring for all my bits and pieces 'plumbed in' but will HAVE to get my pace wheels refurbished since I'm currently running with 'Sheila's Specials' that have lost several arguments with granite pavements. I planned to be so careful with Dougall :yes nod: but ........... :blush:.........

AndyP & Lenore
3rd January 2010, 12:41 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if I changed wheels a couple of times. Nothing that major this year otherwise

And what's your plans for next week?:moonie::laugh:

A.:D

Stewart
3rd January 2010, 01:07 AM

1. A Camden
2. Cooper S Hatch
3. Cooper S Clubman
4. Cooper D Clubman

S Camden gets my Vote.:thumbs up:

RyanK
3rd January 2010, 01:14 AM
Few things,

- GP Front/Rear Bumpers (Ordered)
- 2 Piece Polished/Machined wheels
- JCW seats
- Becker Head Unit
- More power
- Take her on alot of Mini adventures
- Do some more track days

Just to have fun with it!

RyanK
3rd January 2010, 01:17 AM

1. A Camden
2. Cooper S Hatch
3. Cooper S Clubman
4. Cooper D Clubman

Camden = Meringue

Camden with Aerokit = Gooey stuff inside Meringue

Camden with Aerokit & JCW R113's Gloss Black/Machined = In a league of its own

DO IT :D White Silver is amazing

AndyP & Lenore
3rd January 2010, 01:31 AM
Camden = Meringue

Camden with Aerokit = Gooey stuff inside Meringue

Camden with Aerokit & JCW R113's Gloss Black/Machined = In a league of its own

DO IT :D White Silver is amazing

What if you don't like meringue's?:confused:

Gismo
3rd January 2010, 05:49 AM

A.:DWhat's a meringue?
On topic, plans are to sell the car

Forbes
3rd January 2010, 10:30 AM
And what's your plans for next week?:moonie::laugh:

I won't be changing that often this year. No real need to I don't think

RyanK
3rd January 2010, 12:08 PM

Haha :P

What's a meringue?
On topic, plans are to sell the car

http://kelseyhinton.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/meringue.jpg

roysterdsb
3rd January 2010, 02:54 PM
Plans for 2010....

- stronger driveshafts
- water injection
- replace the dead head with a fuel return system
- santa pod, brands hatch and knockhill :)

zimbo
3rd January 2010, 04:13 PM
Well If I dont find a job soon, then i might not have a MINI to do anything to!!! :ragin:

big pete
3rd January 2010, 05:07 PM
New intercooler and exhaust. Have just changed my wheels from the "S" spokes and put on non runflat tyres!! Major improvement

Crombers
4th January 2010, 10:49 AM

HAS to be manifold, you know it makes/sounds sense :thumbs up:

Crombers
4th January 2010, 10:50 AM

1. A Camden
2. Cooper S Hatch
3. Cooper S Clubman
4. Cooper D Clubman

So safe to say it'll be a MINI then :rolleyes:

ELFMAN
4th January 2010, 07:49 PM
Last year 'real life' unfortunately made modding motors much less of a priority than it used to be. Hopefully I'll get my Mojo back this year.

With the car being only about a year old, my sensible head says JCW stuff would be a safer bet as far as warranties etc are concerned, but would be limiting as far as what I think the car really needs, so my Petrol Head says a trip to LOHEN would be better value for money and would sort the car to my exact spec for a few years fun motoring. Safe to say it would involve Koni FSD's, Eibach Springs and Anti-Roll Bars, improved Bushes all round, Forge Intercooler, Re-map, Miltek Downpipe, Sports Cat and System, a nice set of Brembo 4-Pots and possibly a switch to non-Runflats. See? My Mojo's rising already... (one for all the old Blues fans out there - all 3 of you).

Or maybe I'll just buy an old Beetle and take it easy......

N16SHP
10th January 2010, 01:01 PM
I'm also being temped by the JCW spoiler. I've never been a fan of the standard 'S' spoiler on my car, and like the JCW one (only after adding it to my Mini in Forza 3). I've got the instructions for fitting one, anyone know if its really as simple as unscrewing the old one, peeling back the sticky-back-plastic (you gotta love Tony Hart) and screwing the JCW on?

MINI William
10th January 2010, 08:39 PM
I'm also being temped by the JCW spoiler. I've never been a fan of the standard 'S' spoiler on my car, and like the JCW one (only after adding it to my Mini in Forza 3). I've got the instructions for fitting one, anyone know if its really as simple as unscrewing the old one, peeling back the sticky-back-plastic (you gotta love Tony Hart) and screwing the JCW on?

Yehp it is that easy. Takes 5mins to change :smilewinkgrin:

k3ith
11th January 2010, 11:35 PM
What can i do to a standard cooper? getting it at the end of the month and need some ideas.

Livi
12th January 2010, 12:32 AM
There should be plenty of Retrokits and accessories for the MINI range for you to choose from.

Next time your at the dealer, pick up the latest MINI Catalogue for accessories and it will give you a few ideas :D

If you need prices or more ideas give is a shout

stoney
12th January 2010, 08:24 AM
What can i do to a standard cooper? getting it at the end of the month and need some ideas.

that all dependes on what you want from it ie power looks ect ect

Crombers
12th January 2010, 09:38 AM

On the looks front there is no end to where you can go.

As far as the tuning goes for the new R56 Coop, I dunno??

The R50 is limited as it is basically a tuned MINI One and any performance gains were/are limited & costly (R50 Works kit anyone!!). For the amount of money involved the simplest & most sensible thing to do was to move up to an 'S' if straight line speed is your thing.

I have fitted a full Playmini exhaust (including manifold) plus a K&N 57i induction kit & it sounds fantastic. The car also pulls a fair bit stonger than standard (if I can remember standard) which entertains me.

What 's available in the aftermarket world for R56 One's & Coopers, anyone ?????

Ivano
12th January 2010, 02:12 PM
On the looks front there is no end to where you can go.

As far as the tuning goes for the new R56 Coop, I dunno??

The R50 is limited as it is basically a tuned MINI One and any performance gains were/are limited & costly (R50 Works kit anyone!!). For the amount of money involved the simplest & most sensible thing to do was to move up to an 'S' if straight line speed is your thing.

I have fitted a full Playmini exhaust (including manifold) plus a K&N 57i induction kit & it sounds fantastic. The car also pulls a fair bit stonger than standard (if I can remember standard) which entertains me.

What 's available in the aftermarket world for R56 One's & Coopers, anyone ?????

Crombers i forked out an extra £2600 back then for the R50 Works i owned for a mere 133bhp. I was nuts i know but the standard S hadn't even been launched when i had my R50 Works so i wasn't caring back then and i had the added satisfaction that John Cooper Garages in Sussex did the conversion themselves for me :thumbs up:

k3ith
12th January 2010, 11:27 PM
There should be plenty of Retrokits and accessories for the MINI range for you to choose from.

Next time your at the dealer, pick up the latest MINI Catalogue for accessories and it will give you a few ideas :D

If you need prices or more ideas give is a shout

Went to the dealer today but they didn't have any, is there an online pdf brochure i could check?
Looking for small performance mods, exhaust, springs induction and also some enhancement to the looks. I dont want to dress the car as a JCW as that's not my bag but ditching the chrome and getting some black trim instead might be good.

Livi
12th January 2010, 11:37 PM
Went to the dealer today but they didn't have any, is there an online pdf brochure i could check?
Looking for small performance mods, exhaust, springs induction and also some enhancement to the looks. I dont want to dress the car as a JCW as that's not my bag but ditching the chrome and getting some black trim instead might be good.

There is not such a PDF doc you could look at, but i know a site that could possibly give you a small hand.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/

If you would like, i can post out some brochures for you?

if you would like some posted, drop me a PM with your address and ill have them sent to you

ELFMAN
15th January 2010, 01:22 AM
I'd recommend a decent exhaust system every time. I bought my first COOPER in 2001 and fitted a Magnex system the year after - gave the car loads more character! Not sure about types of aftermarket exhausts for your R56 COOPER, but Milltek do a good one for the S, so check them out for the COOP. Should be quite a good choice by now I would think. Plus the fact an exhaust shouldn't affect your Warranty - I've never had Warranty issues with exhausts and have changed them on both my COOPER and my 2003 S. Most fun for your bucks.