PDA

View Full Version : Windaes 7

AndyP & Lenore
31st December 2009, 11:51 AM
Anyone installed Windows 7 or bought a pc or laptop with W7 on it?

Our new laptop has W7 home premium and I actually really like it. When I bought my HP WiFi printer a year ago it took me 3 days of arguing with Win XP, configuring firewall profiles and generally going one step forward just for it not to work the next day. Eventually gave up and now plug it into my PC. When I switched our laptop on for the first time, after it finished with the registration process for windows etc, I got a message saying.. "hey dude, found your wireless printer. It's all installed ready to use." Didn't believe it, but it is indeedy. I had to do nothing at all to get the items talking to each other.

I also like the way when you have multiple windows open of the same application, they stack on each other, instead of cluttering up the task bar. Mouse over then and mini versions or each window appear.

I hated Vista with a vengeance, and swore I'd never go near it, but with Win 7 they've restored my confidence.:thumbs up:

A.

Mini Ecosse
31st December 2009, 12:35 PM
Good news.:thumbs up:
Waiting on my new Dell laptop with Windaes 7 to arrive.

Craig
31st December 2009, 01:55 PM
never used it yet, but a piece of software I support is being developed to work on windows 7 for the next realease but one, so will have to get used to it..

Gismo
31st December 2009, 02:17 PM
Will be buying new computers in the USA and both will have Windows 7 installed, good to hear it seems to work well

Bazthemod
31st December 2009, 04:18 PM
The stacking and most of the taskbar is stolen from Mac OSX lol they are beginning to see the light at Microsoft!

illegalhunter
1st January 2010, 10:56 AM
Ive got it on mine , seems to be better than XP

AndyP & Lenore
1st January 2010, 11:36 AM
Ive got it on mine , seems to be better than XP

I have to say, I agree. I never thought I'd step by XP, but W7 is a belter. And I've not had the chance yet to get into the nitty gritty of networking and so on. Need to know that works OK before I go for it in the cinema. Although the way it connected to my printer is promising.

A.:D

Stewart
1st January 2010, 12:12 PM
Getting a new PC in April and looking forward to the jump from a five year old PC with XP to a Quad Windows 7 Rig. Read pages and pages on a few forums and most say it’s the best OS they have ever ran.

Burple
5th January 2010, 11:16 AM
running it here on my work PC for most day to day stuff, Email, web, Word processing stuff, printing etc.. and loving it. It found our Network printers after a wee bit of a fight (All our Network gear it Novell, not Microsh@ft, and they don't always get on ;)) but once it did, life was simple.
It's a buit picky mapping our network Drives and keeping the connection, it drops now and again, but I can live with that.

also installed it on my laptop here too, and connected to our wirelss network almost as easy as one of those Apple things... :p:moonie::laugh:

Gismo
21st January 2010, 07:27 PM
Been using it for a week now and i must say i really like it, connected wirelessly to a network printer with no problems.

Only fault i'd say is the gadgets, with the lack of a sidebar in Windows 7 the gadgets are annoying when always on top is selcted, who would not have it on top, means you can't close programmes and makes it harder to do stuff, but, just a small complaint.
I simply resized the windows to allow the gadgets to be seen

Burple
22nd January 2010, 12:56 PM
I've just moved my gadgets indvidually about the screen so they don't get in the way ;):p

Gismo
22nd January 2010, 02:31 PM
I've just moved my gadgets indvidually about the screen so they don't get in the way ;):pWhich is ok on a huge screen, but not so convenient on my laptop

Knox18
22nd January 2010, 02:51 PM
I'm a PC and windows 7 was my idea

Gismo
22nd January 2010, 03:32 PM
I'm a PC and windows 7 was my idea:lol: nah, it was mine

AndyP & Lenore
22nd January 2010, 07:56 PM
Only fault i'd say is the gadgets, with the lack of a sidebar in Windows 7 the gadgets are annoying when always on top is selcted, who would not have it on top, means you can't close programmes and makes it harder to do stuff, but, just a small complaint.
I simply resized the windows to allow the gadgets to be seen

I've just moved my gadgets indvidually about the screen so they don't get in the way ;):p

Gadgets? Gadgets? Wot gadgets?:confused:

A.

Gismo
23rd January 2010, 01:29 AM
Gadgets? Gadgets? Wot gadgets?:confused:

A.Right click the desktop and select gadgets and add as required.