PDA

View Full Version : Dates.

KenL
30th December 2009, 07:11 PM
Is it possible to display when each post was sent to a thread?

I can see the date of the last thread but would be good to see when the first post or any subsequent post was made.

Ta :idea:

Gismo
12th February 2010, 08:06 AM
Sorry Ken, totally missed this, not sure what you mean, can you explain a bit more

GCA3N
12th February 2010, 09:47 AM
It's funny when I'm at home it all works correctly date and time etc, when I'm offshore I don't see the time when the post was made.

Crombers
12th February 2010, 09:57 AM
Sorry Ken, totally missed this, not sure what you mean, can you explain a bit more

I'm the same.

Before you go into a thread i.e looking up 'new posts', the date of the last person to post is clearly shown. When you get into the the thread & look at all the posts made not one of them has a date showing when the post was made i.e. when you have made your reply to Ken I/we have no idea as to when you posted your reply to him.

Hope this makes sense.

Gismo
12th February 2010, 10:56 AM
I'm the same.

Before you go into a thread i.e looking up 'new posts', the date of the last person to post is clearly shown. When you get into the the thread & look at all the posts made not one of them has a date showing when the post was made i.e. when you have made your reply to Ken I/we have no idea as to when you posted your reply to him.

Hope this makes sense.Ok, easy to answer but may not be want you want to hear, vBulletin changed it to this, but, there is pressure on the developers to revert it back, lets hope with the next software update that it will include this feature again

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2010, 11:25 AM
I'm the same.

Hope this makes sense.

Ok, easy to answer but may not be want you want to hear, vBulletin changed it to this, but, there is pressure on the developers to revert it back, lets hope with the next software update that it will include this feature again

Very strange, because it shows clearly for me. Are we talking about the date and time in the left of the top panel of each post within a thread?

A.

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2010, 11:29 AM
Likeee so

Gismo
12th February 2010, 11:35 AM
Andy, pretty sure it's in the new posts view, or when browsing through the main forum pages

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2010, 11:57 AM
Is it possible to display when each post was sent to a thread?

I can see the date of the last thread but would be good to see when the first post or any subsequent post was made.

Ta :idea:

Andy, pretty sure it's in the new posts view, or when browsing through the main forum pages

Hmmm. That's not how I read Ken's post. Also, the main forum pages show the last post details anyway. Would help if Ken could clarify what page this info is missing from.

Alan, I suspect this is a browser incompatibility issue rather than a vbulletin issue.

A.

GCA3N
12th February 2010, 12:08 PM
Thats the bit im talking about Andy, like I say get it at home but not at work.

Gismo
12th February 2010, 12:16 PM
Thats the bit im talking about Andy, like I say get it at home but not at work.Then it's a known browser issue which is being fixed with the delayed vBulletin update

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2010, 12:28 PM
Thats the bit im talking about Andy, like I say get it at home but not at work.

Greig, just out of interest, what browser and version do you use at home and at work?

A.

GCA3N
12th February 2010, 01:54 PM
Greig, just out of interest, what browser and version do you use at home and at work?

A.

At home latest google chrome and work Internet Explorer Version 6.

Gismo
12th February 2010, 02:02 PM
At home latest google chrome and work Internet Explorer Version 6.IE6 is known not to work correctly with the vBulletin software, but, it is being worked on and hopefully will be ok when the next update is rolled out

GCA3N
12th February 2010, 04:23 PM
IE6 is known not to work correctly with the vBulletin software, but, it is being worked on and hopefully will be ok when the next update is rolled out

Brill alan. TBH it doesn't spoil my NMS fix offshore anyway :p

Crombers
14th February 2010, 09:31 PM
Likeee so

No date showing for me :frown:

Gismo
23rd February 2010, 12:57 PM
Can those who could not see the dates check again, the latest software was released and is now installed

Knox18
23rd February 2010, 01:12 PM
shows for me now in IE6

Gismo
24th February 2010, 04:33 AM
shows for me now in IE6Excellent :thumbs up:
Now we just need to wait for the fix that shows quoted replies way down the post :Whistle:

Crombers
25th February 2010, 09:55 AM
I've got dates now :thumbs up: , cheers

Gismo
25th February 2010, 10:00 AM
I've got dates now :thumbs up: , cheers:thumbs up: