PDA

View Full Version : Helllllllllllppppp!!!:(

Fartin Martin
24th December 2009, 05:24 PM
WELL!!

Got a Flat tyre last night I think..its a pirelli eurofori or summit like that?:confused::confused:..and with my amazingluck...by the time a realised it was flat..everywhere was shut!!!:(..so how long can I drive on this till I can go and try and get it repaired(if it isn't damaged on the tyre wall) and does anyone know of any places that does repair them?

Kwik fit can do the tyre for £102ish..is this good??

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!..BAH HUM BUG!!!lol

Oh..Merry Christmas Eve guys!:D

Cheers
Martin

Craig
24th December 2009, 05:57 PM
Martin,

can't help with places in your area, sorry :blush:

however, you should be able to drive on it for about 50 to 75 miles no problem. Only issue with that is MINI say that the side walls will then have taken such a beating that the tyre will need replaced. My advice would be use the car as little as possible and get the tyre repaired, it's perfectly safe and I have done this before twice with no issues.

If you do have to drive on it a fair bit, I would suggest a replacement tyre. Oh and if I were you, I would stay away from the Pirellis as they are p"sh:yes nod:

hope you get it sorted...

Merry Xmas :Whistle::thumbs up:

Fartin Martin
24th December 2009, 06:04 PM
Martin,

can't help with places in your area, sorry :blush:

however, you should be able to drive on it for about 50 to 75 miles no problem. Only issue with that is MINI say that the side walls will then have taken such a beating that the tyre will need replaced. My advice would be use the car as little as possible and get the tyre repaired, it's perfectly safe and I have done this before twice with no issues.

If you do have to drive on it a fair bit, I would suggest a replacement tyre. Oh and if I were you, I would stay away from the Pirellis as they are p"sh:yes nod:

hope you get it sorted...

Merry Xmas :Whistle::thumbs up:
Hi Craig

Thanks for the reply;)

Kinda knew I had to get a new tyre..wishfull thinking!:(..kwik fit do them for 100 odd sheets!..but I was thinking..as the rest are pretty new..would they do like a trade in for the other 3..and I should either change to different RF's or change to regular tyres?..is there any recommendations?

Sorry to be a pain!

Cheers

Gismo
24th December 2009, 08:22 PM
You aint gonna get an exchange type deal, if you want to maintain the run flats then buy the same brand of tyre that's on the other 3 wheels.
You can easily change to non run flats but that comes at a price and you have to understand that if you have a puncture you will need some type of tyre repair kit, be it the MINI repair kit or a similar brand from the likes of Halfords.

Only you can decide which way you wanna go

As Craig says, you'll easily get 50 miles out of the punctured tyre but, expect a replacement at least, the tyre shops will be open on saturday so maybe not a total disaster

Big Gordy
26th December 2009, 01:17 PM
Might not be so much of a problem seeing as its so cold :p running with it flat generates more heat and that's what ruins the tyre:frown:

N16SHP
26th December 2009, 03:04 PM
Martin, in terms of Kwik-fit, are you getting your prices online? If you are, you will only get the tyre for the online price if booked online, then you have to wait about 3-4 days. If you phone up and ask how much they are, you will be told about £152, and even if you wait the same 3-4 days and still don't book it online and book it over the phone or in person, you'll still be £152. Its a total scam!

Moral of the story, know when you are going to get a flat, and book it in advance :D :D :D :D :D

Fartin Martin
26th December 2009, 08:44 PM
Good news guys!..My mate works for mini and is gettin me a tyre on tuesday for 50 quid..so im just holding off till then..its the same as ive got and will do just now till i decide wether to get shot of them!!

Cheers Guys:D

oh and I didnt know that about kwik fit..cheers for the heads up!..they'are just a total con!!!

Thanks again guys..hope yous have all had a good Xmas;)

Martin

GCA3N
8th January 2010, 10:00 AM
Martin did you get everything sorted out ok. Like you I would only use kwikfit if they are the absolute last resort. Find them very poor indeed. What I would like to say though I used kwikfit in greenock once and was astounded at how good the service was. So I guess maybe it's down to personnel rather than the company.

Fartin Martin
8th January 2010, 11:59 AM
Hey..yeah got it sorted on the tuesday before new year..my mate works for mini in Giffnock, so he hooked me up!:D:D

Can't wait to ditch the RF's though!..doing my head in ha!:p