PDA

View Full Version : New Car for Mrs D

Craig
21st December 2009, 09:10 PM
well, that is Mrs D ordered her new car... it's not a MINI (I did try and we came to blows over it too... :blush::rolleyes::frown:) but it is a Nissan Qashqai 1.6 Petrol N-Tec in Pearl Black :thumbs up:

it will be coming in mid Jan and the Civic is going back to the finance co.. ;) I must say the Civic has been faultless and the best car Jude has owned. :yes nod: If they weren't so expensive, we would prob have another. I would recommend it to anyone.

Fingers crossed Jude likes the Qashqai, cos like the last few cars she has bought, she hasn't driven it yet... :thud::Whistle:

It comes with a good few toys, sat nav, dual zone climate control, colour rear view camera (to maybe stop hitting walls.:Whistle:) 18" wheels, cruise control, ipod connectivity and a BIG sunroof. :clap::clap:

Scottie
21st December 2009, 09:41 PM
Sounds very nice at least Jude has much better luck with her cars than you do:p.

Craig
21st December 2009, 09:52 PM
Sounds very nice at least Jude has much better luck with her cars than you do:p.

aint that the truth :lol:

Delboy
21st December 2009, 10:46 PM
Nice car Craig :thumbs up:. Hope Jude likes it when she finally gets to drive it :eek: ;).

AndyP & Lenore
21st December 2009, 10:49 PM
Good news Mr C. But, I cannae believe she hasn't even driven one yet. I guess she's easily pleased. Well, she must be, look who she married.:laugh:

<<<<<Runs and hides.:D

A.:D

Bazthemod
21st December 2009, 10:51 PM
My Folks love theirs, not had a problem with it.:thumbs up:
http://file044b.bebo.com/13/original/2008/08/12/16/1799036806a8617047475o.jpg

Craig
21st December 2009, 10:58 PM
Good news Mr C. But, I cannae believe she hasn't even driven one yet. I guess she's easily pleased. Well, she must be, look who she married.:laugh:

<<<<<Runs and hides.:D

A.:D

:lol:

she hasn't test driven the last 3 cars she has bought... :rolleyes:

Craig
21st December 2009, 10:59 PM
My Folks love theirs, not had a problem with it.:thumbs up:
http://file044b.bebo.com/13/original/2008/08/12/16/1799036806a8617047475o.jpg

what model do they have Baz?

Craig
21st December 2009, 11:00 PM
Nice car Craig :thumbs up:. Hope Jude likes it when she finally gets to drive it :eek: ;).

Cheers Del, got an absolutely stonking deal. :thumbs up: that was when I eventually got companies to call me back... :thud::lol:

Bazthemod
21st December 2009, 11:12 PM
We have the 1.6 Tekna... full leather...panoramic roof (Really cool)

Would say tho that the 1.6 does struggle, my folks say given the choice again they would have gone for the 2Ltr for a bit extra kick. Still, it doesn't hang about for a big car.

The blue-tooth system is pretty good too :thumbs up:

Craig
21st December 2009, 11:28 PM
We have the 1.6 Tekna... full leather...panoramic roof (Really cool)

Would say tho that the 1.6 does struggle, my folks say given the choice again they would have gone for the 2Ltr for a bit extra kick. Still, it doesn't hang about for a big car.

The blue-tooth system is pretty good too :thumbs up:

Cool :thumbs up:

I wanted Jude to get the 2.0 diesel but she had her budget and wouldn't budge, so it was the 1.5 diesel or the 1.6 petrol. As she doesn't do that much mileage, we went for petrol (and it's £1500 cheaper to buy) ;)

the panoramic roof looks good, hers has it (or it says a big sunroof, might not be the same.. :D)

Bazthemod
21st December 2009, 11:47 PM
Yeah will be the same, it doesnt open but has an electric blind/shutter that goes back and forth. Gets very hot in the summer haha!

zimbo
22nd December 2009, 10:34 AM
Fingers crossed Jude likes the Qashqai, cos like the last few cars she has bought, she hasn't driven it yet...
:thud:WHAT!! I cant believe Jude buys her cars without even test driving them 1st, thats one of the first things you get told to do when getting a car, TEST DRIVE IT 1ST!!, so is Jude buying her cars by looks kind of thing?

...colour rear view camera (to maybe stop hitting walls.:Whistle:)

Did you use this as part of your arguement towards trying to get Jude to get a mini?

<<zimbo runs and hides, before jude sees this..>>

Gismo
22nd December 2009, 11:51 AM
Nice colour of white there Baz :thumbs up:
Can't believe Jude doesn't even test drive it before buying :eek:

Craig
22nd December 2009, 10:47 PM
:thud:WHAT!! I cant believe Jude buys her cars without even test driving them 1st, thats one of the first things you get told to do when getting a car, TEST DRIVE IT 1ST!!, so is Jude buying her cars by looks kind of thing?

Did you use this as part of your arguement towards trying to get Jude to get a mini?

<<zimbo runs and hides, before jude sees this..>>

yeah she never drives them before hand... as for the rear camera, I did say that might stop hitting walls, however I got a slap

The Dogfather
23rd December 2009, 08:14 AM
Actually I bought my TT without driving it.

I drove the petrol model TT and a diesel A3 and had to imagine the diesel engine in the TT. As it turned out the TT diesel sounded better than the A3.

Craig
13th January 2010, 09:40 PM
well, the car has now been ordered today. Long story short, I got let down by 2 seperate brokers who told me they could get the 1.6 n-tec but when I went to place the order, they said "sorry, I can't get you it, but I can get you ..." :rolleyes:

So finally found an n-tec model for Mrs D today at a local dealer in Falkirk. In stock and unregistered, so she should get it in about a week or so (once the cherished transfer goes thro as the number is on retention). :yes nod: We eventually went with the 1.5 dci N-tec in Cayman Blue

Looks near identical to THIS CAR (http://afnoble.nissan.co.uk/used-vehicles/search/detail?ve_id=OE09KXX&h=30963) although where the stereo is in this car, there is a sat nav screen (which is also the screen for the colour rear view camera :thumbs up:)

Fingers crossed she likes the drive... :thud: :lol:

KenL
13th January 2010, 09:46 PM
I am sure she will like it. I've had a lift in one of those a few times, a nice comfy car.

audrey
13th January 2010, 11:25 PM
Looks nice :thumbs up:

Forbes
14th January 2010, 09:36 AM
Looks the same as my neighbours one. Though they have had 3, they change cars yearly

Crombers
15th January 2010, 09:47 AM
& to think Mrs D could have bought a MINI

Ah well ..................... :beer:

Craig
21st January 2010, 10:46 PM
Jude got her new car today and it is STUNNING:yes nod::yes nod:

I will get some photos up over the weekend, but it was too dark tonight. :frown:

The only disappointment was that there were no carpet mats in the car..! :frown: Who sells a car without having carpet mats available! He knew a week ago we were buying it... David at JC's can get me carpet mats within 24hrs so why can't this garage... :confused: Anyway, they are apparently arriving in the next few days..

Some highlights are...

The HUGE glass roof is amazing
the Bluetooth works very well and is easy to setup.
the colour reversing camera is cool
the 18" rims look superb (for the moment, hopefully I can get a photo before they are kerbed :lol:)

zimbo
22nd January 2010, 01:38 PM
the 18" rims look superb (for the moment, hopefully I can get a photo before they are kerbed :lol:)

:laugh: :lol: ahh oops SORRY JUDE didn't mean to laugh...

Sounds like a cracking car and cant wait to see the pics, I wish you many happy miles with it Jude.

Crombers
22nd January 2010, 02:16 PM
Jude got her new car today and it is STUNNING:yes nod::yes nod:

Now why would Jude wanna go & kerb a perfectly good alloy :rolleyes: :Whistle:

GCA3N
22nd January 2010, 06:19 PM
Looking forward to the pics Craig.

Craig
24th January 2010, 06:54 PM
as Jude has been in the car for the last few days, not been able to get it a wash, but here is a quick pic taken today in the Silverburn Multi-Storey. :thumbs up:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/q1.jpg

GCA3N
24th January 2010, 06:58 PM
as Jude has been in the car for the last few days, not been able to get it a wash, but here is a quick pic taken today in the Silverburn Multi-Storey. :thumbs up:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/q1.jpg

That's lovely Craig. Where did you get the idea of multi-storey car park pics.?

Scottie
24th January 2010, 07:01 PM
what engine is in it. It's not the 1.5 diesel is it.?

Sheilz
24th January 2010, 07:06 PM
That's very nice and shiny, to be honest not a fan of these big jeep kind of cars but that's as nice a one as any. Hope she enjoys it.

Craig
24th January 2010, 07:06 PM
what engine is in it. It's not the 1.5 diesel is it.?

Yes, why you ask?

Craig
24th January 2010, 07:08 PM
That's lovely Craig.

That's very nice and shiny, to be honest not a fan of these big jeep kind of cars but that's as nice a one as any. Hope she enjoys it.

cheers folks, yeah it's not that big tbh. It's smaller inside than her Civic was. We got it more for the higher driving position that Jude missed and the gadgets.. :rolleyes::D It's also 2 wheel drive. :yes nod:

Scottie
24th January 2010, 07:10 PM
Yes, why you ask?

I know it's new and the engine needs to bed in a bit to loosen off but how are you finding the power in it.?

Craig
24th January 2010, 07:12 PM
I know it's new and the engine needs to bed in a bit to loosen off but how are you finding the power in it.?

yeah, it has only 200 miles on it now. Nice and leisurely at the mo, which is a good thing for Jude and thank fook she is liking driving it (because of her aversion to test drives..!)

It is a very smooth drive, it's never gonna light your hair on fire, but does have plenty torque. :thumbs up:

Scottie
24th January 2010, 07:14 PM
yeah, it has only 200 miles on it now. Nice and leisurely at the mo, which is a good thing for Jude and thank fook she is liking driving it (because of her aversion to test drives..!)

It is a very smooth drive, it's never gonna light your hair on fire, but does have plenty torque. :thumbs up:

good to hear just make sure you don't buy a big heavy boat maybe a dingy would be better for towing with the Nissan:p:p:smilewinkgrin:

Craig
24th January 2010, 07:16 PM
good to hear just make sure you don't buy a big heavy boat maybe a dingy would be better for towing with the Nissan:p:p:smilewinkgrin:

:lol: Still got the Tig for towing... :thumbs up:

Sheilz
24th January 2010, 07:28 PM
it's never gonna light your hair on fire, but does have plenty torque. :thumbs up:

That sounds just like our old primera and nissans in general. I don't know if they still produce these cars or if there's an alternative out there now. LOL that was the motor I was driving when I left a new mini way behind just because I could and coz I thought they were such pretentious ugly little brutes of things. O my, how times have changed.

zimbo
24th January 2010, 08:52 PM
That sounds just like our old primera and nissans in general. I don't know if they still produce these cars or if there's an alternative out there now. LOL that was the motor I was driving when I left a new mini way behind just because I could and coz I thought they were such pretentious ugly little brutes of things. O my, how times have changed.

:thud: