PDA

View Full Version : To travel or not to travel. . . .

Ayrshire09
20th December 2009, 09:31 AM
That is the question. Troon to Manchester today, not to sure that it's gonna b good idea? Even though mini now has four shiny new falken fk452 on it, which by the way are pretty fantastic so far, loving having rid of runflats, much better ride.

The Dogfather
20th December 2009, 09:56 AM
If you're sticking to the main roads you should be fine.

john
20th December 2009, 10:15 AM
If you're sticking to the main roads you should be fine.

Wise words but its the lack of sticking thats the worry :hand:

N16SHP
20th December 2009, 01:18 PM
How's the snow out by you John? I was driving to work at 6 on Friday night when we got that 4 inches, and i was so impressed at just how solid the Mini was in the snow. The traction control helped heeps though!

Stewart
20th December 2009, 01:41 PM
No traction control, missed it by a month before it became the norm. :ragin:

Wussed out today:frown:, started to clear the drive and thought sod it. The drive is up a hill to the front of the house and it’s either into a small wall or the brand new Focus if it goes pear shaped trying to get it back up.

Plus if it comes back on my road is usually the first to become a no go area its famous for that with the Taxi crowed.

So the wee sole is having the day in. Just going to sit back and watch Newcastle on the box. :thumbs up:

great live road cams
http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/

john
20th December 2009, 03:14 PM
How's the snow out by you John? I was driving to work at 6 on Friday night when we got that 4 inches, and i was so impressed at just how solid the Mini was in the snow. The traction control helped heeps though!

Not too much snow here but I am offshore, should get home tomorrow though with a bit of luck.

PS I never use Traction control, the first thing I do after starting the car is switch off the traction control.;)

Ayrshire09
20th December 2009, 07:42 PM
Decided to not go, def made the ryte choice.