PDA

View Full Version : PAINT CHIPS & DENT

ny152
8th June 2004, 07:26 PM
Wonder if anybody can help...

Just noticed today that I picked up a wee dent thats taken the paint off my passenger front wing :(.

Also got another couple of stone chips to sort out as well, so does anyone have any recommendations of who can do a good job fixing these (Glasgow/Stirling area)?

Any help greatly appreciated :).

Scottie
8th June 2004, 09:10 PM
What about Burgoynes Airth my brother swears by them.

ny152
8th June 2004, 09:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by thornef

Thanks Fiona, I'll give them a call and see.

Anyone ever used a company called Chipsaway?

Scottie
8th June 2004, 09:55 PM
I thought about them aswell but the trouble with my car is that it has hundreds of chips on the front.

Is that to many for Chipsaway. Would it end up looking like a Dalmation Dog. Am I better to wait until I canny stand it any more and get it re laquered.

Its a worry for me has been since the car was two weeks old.

ny152
8th June 2004, 10:11 PM
If it was just the bonnet chips then I wouldn't bother, after all, you are just going to get more anyway.

But seeing as I need to get the bigger one on the side sorted thought I might as well kill two birds with the one, ahem, stone.

Has anyone ever tried getting one of those clear bra's (ducks down to avoid flying jokes and innuendo) on the front of the car?

By the way Fiona, just looked at your MINI2 gallery. Thats one nice S you have there :).

Scottie
8th June 2004, 10:26 PM
Thanks.

Julz
8th June 2004, 10:43 PM
Sorry, no-one I can recommend, my little monster will be going back to the bodyshop soon to get the whole kit repsrayed and the cracked arches sorted!! She looks like a teenager with bad acne, but the car has done over 18,000 with the kit fitted, so not too bad I guess!!;):clown:

Starky
9th June 2004, 01:02 AM
Got to agree with Goldmini, Thornef, that is a very nice car, but you've pinched my flag and lexus lights, boo hoo.

(I might just nick your body kit. :D)

ny152
9th June 2004, 01:34 AM
Popped into my local dealers and spoke to the very helpful bodyshop manager. But he's talking about having to take off and respray the entire panel plus maybe carry it over to the door. Apart from the cost involved I'm not too keen in having all that work done for what amounts to a stone chip (albeit a bloody annoying one!).

Think i'm off to look on ebay for a wee badge that I can cover it up with instead :).

phantom
9th June 2004, 03:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

quote:Originally posted by thornef

Thanks Fiona, I'll give them a call and see.

Anyone ever used a company called Chipsaway?

Allen, I have used Chipsaway in Dundee for two dents and chips on bonnet, its a set price of £50 and they did a great job and did all the other small chips on bonnet for nowt:)

ny152
9th June 2004, 03:37 AM
Thanks Chris
I will give the a ring in the morning and get someone to come out and take a look.

macblob
9th June 2004, 03:48 AM
I just had chipsaway look at my car that got scratched on Friday night.
Unfortunatley they couldnt get rid of them as there too deep but the guy tried his best to get them out and didnt charge me a penny.
Heard there meant to be ok for dents and small sctaches , chips.

Think mine was just a little to big and deep for the guy to deal with.

http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/repair/index.asp

Craig
10th June 2004, 12:17 AM
Allen,

I've used Flying Colours and Dent Wizard, part of the same company, one deals with the dents and the other with painting the cars. They worked on my dad's jag and his passat and did a great job on both. The price was very reasonable. Like you I took the jag to a bodyshop and they wanted to paint half the car!!! at a price of about £400. Dent Wizard took the dent out and flying colours sorted the paint and it came to about £50. I would recommend the guy I used - called Gordon Walker i believe. Does work for my work aswell..:D:D

ny152
10th June 2004, 01:24 AM
You dont happen to have a number for him do you Craig?
Just been to Chipaway and they said it would be about £150, but the guy seemed very vague about it, so dont think I would have used them anyway!

bazza
10th June 2004, 04:47 AM
HI guys incidently i am having my bonnet stone chips done by chips away tomorrow,he is coming to the house and will do the all of the bonnet chips and a couple on the wings for £60.I have used dentwizard recently and the guy should be called Harry Potter as he is a wizard at dents.

I will let you know how I get on with chipsaway and pass on the number.

Bazza:cool:

Craig
12th June 2004, 04:01 AM
Allen,

sorry for the delay, the number is at my work and I'm not allowed to use the pc whilst at work:(:(

I'll get the number for your on monday - email me your phone number and I'll give you a ring with the details.

Craig :D

ny152
12th June 2004, 05:15 AM
Thanks Craig, have emailed you just now :).

Just had the quote come through in the post from Fairbairns for £221.40 !!
If I cant get it for the £50 - £100 mark then going to stick a wee union jack/chequered flag on it, like with the MG range.