PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty !

john
15th December 2009, 12:49 PM
Ok gamers, i have had a wee shot at this again and want to get into it, do I get a PS3 or an X box ? also do I get COD 4? what does others play, advice needed please.:yes nod:

Gismo
15th December 2009, 01:12 PM
Hmm, well, if you wanna play with and against us NMS gamers then the PS3 is the route to go, however, the xBox gamers will say that the online gaming is better mainly due to the fact you pay to play.
They also say the graphics are better, so, it's your choice really, PS3 = free online gaming.

With regards to what version to get, i would opt for both :lol:
I much prefer the first version of COD 4 modern warfare, brilliant game play and simpler and smaller maps, this suits my game style of all out attack.
But, you cannot ignore the latest version as many people are playing it, but, for me, it's very frustrating as a lot of the players camp and only appear to shoot you when you've past them or creep up on you etc.
I still get good games on the original version, a lot of folks say that all teh good players have defected to the new version thus making COD 4 easier to play well in :frown:

john
15th December 2009, 01:25 PM
OK so you can play with both versions together? I fancied the PS3 and was then aked why not an X box, well I did not even consider the X box:confused:

Im happy to go PS3;)

I will not be online until I move house so it will give me time to practice too.:smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
15th December 2009, 01:42 PM
OK so you can play with both versions together? Eh :thud:

baptie
15th December 2009, 01:43 PM
I defo favour PS£ but I think its because I have went PS1, PS2 now PS3.
Never been an Xbox Fan and you canny beat free online.

I am getting used to MW2 but as Alan, I still love COD4

Ferengo
15th December 2009, 01:57 PM
I agree with Gismo's statement. The Xbox is better online, it does cost you but you get what you pay for in terms of quality and quantity. I have both but I find most people I know have a PS3 so I mainly play that.

The PS3 does come more spec'd up. For instance you have a blu-ray drive and wireless networking, the xbox doesn't. So in terms of quality of graphic, xbox but the PS3 is still very good and the gameplay it's self is equal to that of the xbox. In terms of spec PS3.

As for playing cross platform (Xbox & PS3 on the same network game) This as far as I know isn't possible.

In the end it's up to you but most of us on here have a PS3. So if you want to make Zimbo tea (Bottom of the end game ranking) boy then a PS3 is the way to go. It's what I'd choose and I have both. :thumbs up:

Oh and we all have COD4 and MW2. Personally I find both great. I'd buy MW2 just now, give it a month or 2 after christmas and COD4 will be in the bargain bin and very cheap on ebay to.

zimbo
15th December 2009, 02:05 PM
Yup go for the PS3 John, as others have said already, you get FREE online play and the PS3 also plays BLU-RAY films if so desired.

Im the same as Baptie and have always been a PS fan, had a PS1, PS2 and now the PS3 (the original with 60gb hard drive) :D I just find the X-box controller to be very awkward to use, and i dont see why anyone should have to pay to go online...

We heard rumours AGES and AGES ago about Gordy getting a PS3 and COD but he has never played with us yet so appears to just still be rumour!!! :lol:

zimbo
15th December 2009, 02:09 PM
...Zimbo tea (Bottom of the end game ranking) boy

:moonie:

stoney
15th December 2009, 02:17 PM
ps3 all the way and i play both cod4 and mw2 as well i like the new one for the kill streaks i wont be on 2 night tho as i am working

indigomatt
15th December 2009, 02:28 PM
Get yourself a wii.....is so much more fun playing with friends in the same room.....

john
15th December 2009, 05:00 PM
Get yourself a wii.....is so much more fun playing with friends in the same room.....

Dont even go there, :frown:

john
15th December 2009, 05:05 PM
Hmm, well, if you wanna play with and against us NMS gamers then the PS3 is the route to go, however, the xBox gamers will say that the online gaming is better mainly due to the fact you pay to play.
They also say the graphics are better, so, it's your choice really, PS3 = free online gaming.

With regards to what version to get, i would opt for both :lol:
I much prefer the first version of COD 4 modern warfare, brilliant game play and simpler and smaller maps, this suits my game style of all out attack.
But, you cannot ignore the latest version as many people are playing it, but, for me, it's very frustrating as a lot of the players camp and only appear to shoot you when you've past them or creep up on you etc.
I still get good games on the original version, a lot of folks say that all teh good players have defected to the new version thus making COD 4 easier to play well in :frown:

What version? you would opt for both.

Does that mean that when you all play online you decide in advance which version you play so that you all play the same one?

Sorry but i'm new to this and only played twice while offshore :(

AndyP & Lenore
15th December 2009, 05:07 PM
PS3.:thumbs up:

A.

john
15th December 2009, 05:55 PM
PS3.:thumbs up:

A.

When I get back onshore PS3 it is.

Tesco are £249 is that what I should expect to pay or are there deals to be had?

AndyP & Lenore
15th December 2009, 06:34 PM
When I get back onshore PS3 it is.

Tesco are £249 is that what I should expect to pay or are there deals to be had?

Toys R Us £229 (http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Video-Games/Bundles-and-Consoles/PS3-120GB-Black-Console(0024963)?cm_mmc=Feed-_-Google%20Base-_-N/A-_-PS3%20120GB%20Black%20Console)

It's a 120GB machine same as Tesco's

A.

stoney
15th December 2009, 11:08 PM
What version? you would opt for both.

Does that mean that when you all play online you decide in advance which version you play so that you all play the same one?

Sorry but i'm new to this and only played twice while offshore :(

when you sign in you have a freind list and that will tell you what your friends are playing ie: modern warfare 2 team deathmatch in rust or call of duty 4 playing team deathmatch in shipment

:thumbs up:;)

hope this helps ;)

Gismo
16th December 2009, 07:46 AM
At the moment we are all playing the 2nd edition game online, but, i still play the 1st edition, imo it is the better of the 2, less camping and easier maps to remember, but.............................if i want to play aginst other NMS folks i have to play the 2nd edition

john
16th December 2009, 07:58 AM
Thats better now I understand:thumbs up:

Ally S
16th December 2009, 02:29 PM
The PS3 is a fantastic machine and it would make sense to get MW2. Theres a lot of improvements like the Party invite process and the Join session. Also the Spec ops are great fun as you can play co-op

If you like single player then you should get both as the story continues from COD4 to MW2

john
16th December 2009, 04:05 PM
The PS3 is a fantastic machine and it would make sense to get MW2. Theres a lot of improvements like the Party invite process and the Join session. Also the Spec ops are great fun as you can play co-op

If you like single player then you should get both as the story continues from COD4 to MW2

There's a story:confused: Min this is intense stuff:rolleyes:

I thought I just turned up had a a look and got shot at before I knew what hit me The End:D

stoney
16th December 2009, 06:43 PM
There's a story:confused: Min this is intense stuff:rolleyes:

I thought I just turned up had a a look and got shot at before I knew what hit me The End:D

well you can do that but the first player games are good and worth doing will also help you when you go online as it will teach you to aim properly and stuff :thumbs up:

ace_dude
16th December 2009, 10:16 PM
I have a PS3, completed MW2 but I am **** at online play.
I have never been one for online multiplayers whereas as most guys on there have been honing their skills for years on CoD 4 and Counterstrike etc. I know in MW2 they supposedly make it fairer by matching you into a game of people at the same level in MW2 but I get fed up of only killing 2 people max and getting killed myself 14 times.
Any tips for multiplayer? Total n00b at this type of thing. :argh:

AndyP & Lenore
17th December 2009, 12:23 AM
I have a PS3, completed MW2 but I am **** at online play.
I have never been one for online multiplayers whereas as most guys on there have been honing their skills for years on CoD 4 and Counterstrike etc. I know in MW2 they supposedly make it fairer by matching you into a game of people at the same level in MW2 but I get fed up of only killing 2 people max and getting killed myself 14 times.
Any tips for multiplayer? Total n00b at this type of thing. :argh:

Practice. Then more practice. And then practice some more. It really is the best way to get your rank up and become half decent at online play.

But 2 kills to 14 deaths is kinda zimbo level anyway. :D:laugh::Whistle:

A. :D

zimbo
17th December 2009, 12:57 AM
But 2 kills to 14 deaths is kinda zimbo level anyway. :D:laugh::Whistle:

A. :D

:moonie: :knife: :knife: :knife:

Gismo
17th December 2009, 05:08 AM
Having played COD Modern Warfare online since day one and only playing in my style of all out attack i found it difficult to play the new COD.
I regularly had a high death to kill ratio, but, simply had to knuckle down to the creeping about, camping and generally not running around only to be killed.
So, now, my scores are more reasonable, but, for this reason i prefer the 1st version and play it as much as i can.

You've just got to adopt the same game play as the other gamers use, watch the kill cams after you die, see where they are, what guns they use, how they move etc then try to mimic them.

As Andy says, practice is the key, the actual game gives you the feel for the game but nothing prepares you for online play other than actually playing it.
The more you play the better you get, your death to kill ratio will get better and only by playing with folks better than you.

Above all, enjoy it, it's only a game :knife:

stoney
17th December 2009, 08:17 AM
:thumbs up:What they 2 said:thumbs up:

john
17th December 2009, 11:34 AM
Toys R Us £229 (http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Video-Games/Bundles-and-Consoles/PS3-120GB-Black-Console(0024963)?cm_mmc=Feed-_-Google%20Base-_-N/A-_-PS3%20120GB%20Black%20Console)

It's a 120GB machine same as Tesco's

A.

Only just realised there is a choice of 120Gb and 250Gb:eek:

Any opinions on that anyone?

Gismo
17th December 2009, 12:14 PM
Only just realised there is a choice of 120Gb and 250Gb:eek:

Any opinions on that anyone?I doubt you'll need the larger disk space, but, depends on if you will be downloading a lot of stuff from the Sony Store or movies etc.
Games generally do not take up much space, 1gb max, you can always put in a bigger hard drive later if you need more space, i'd settle for the 120GB :thumbs up:

john
17th December 2009, 12:17 PM
I doubt you'll need the larger disk space, but, depends on if you will be downloading a lot of stuff from the Sony Store or movies etc.
Games generally do not take up much space, 1gb max, you can always put in a bigger hard drive later if you need more space, i'd settle for the 120GB :thumbs up:

Cheers for that:thumbs up:

Gismo
17th December 2009, 12:27 PM
I have a PS3 here in Baku i could sell you, trouble is getting it home and in time for you to want to be able to play it????

john
17th December 2009, 12:48 PM
I have a PS3 here in Baku i could sell you, trouble is getting it home and in time for you to want to be able to play it????

Thanks but I want a new one with a warranty, Terri learned the hard way as hers has just died and she has only had two months and no warranty.

Gismo
17th December 2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks but I want a new one with a warranty, Terri learned the hard way as hers has just died and she has only had two months and no warranty.No worries :thumbs up:

euan
21st December 2009, 09:27 AM
Well, I got an unexpected bonus in the pay this month and have treated myself to a PS3, only been playing FIFA so far as that's what it came with, but it's an awesome bit of kit. I'll be joining the COD as a novice once I get hold of a copy.

john
21st December 2009, 09:40 AM
Well, I got an unexpected bonus in the pay this month and have treated myself to a PS3, only been playing FIFA so far as that's what it came with, but it's an awesome bit of kit. I'll be joining the COD as a novice once I get hold of a copy.

If I ever get home long enough we can have our own novice battle.:thumbs up:

euan
21st December 2009, 09:44 AM
If I ever get home long enough we can have our own novice battle.:thumbs up:

Done! I got it from Toys R Us by the way, was the cheapest place I found and it was in stock.

Gismo
21st December 2009, 09:48 AM
Argos is selling them cheap i think

john
21st December 2009, 09:51 AM
If only my helicopter would come and get me I could go get one today

stoney
21st December 2009, 10:03 AM
Done! I got it from Toys R Us by the way, was the cheapest place I found and it was in stock.

post your user name in the cod 4 thred as well and the nms'ers will add you

euan
21st December 2009, 10:54 AM
Argos is selling them cheap i think

Its the same price as Toys R Us, but they didn't have any stock left.

john
23rd December 2009, 09:38 PM
I bought a 250gb one yesterday :thumbs up:

zimbo
23rd December 2009, 10:19 PM
I bought a 250gb one yesterday :thumbs up:

Yesterday!! well you better get on the network with us and build your stats up then. Once you have chosen a name (let us know...) then we can add you as a friend that way we can see when you are line and playing and you can do the same with us.

john
24th December 2009, 10:28 AM
I will at the end of Jan, but at the moment I have no TINTERNET conection for it. so time for some practice :)

Gismo
24th December 2009, 10:59 AM
I will at the end of Jan, but at the moment I have no TINTERNET conection for it. so time for some practice :)Use your next door neighbours :Whistle:

Knox18
26th December 2009, 09:41 PM
purchasing a PS3 slim tomorow! any heads up on good deals? obviously COD is on my buy list! ;)

Ally S
29th December 2009, 11:34 AM
If you like racing games then Dirt2 is an excellent choice.

Uncharted 2 is supposed to be great. Also Killzone 2 and try the GT5 time trial to see if you could be a racing driver ;)

Knox18
30th December 2009, 01:28 AM
If you like racing games then Dirt2 is an excellent choice.

Uncharted 2 is supposed to be great. Also Killzone 2 and try the GT5 time trial to see if you could be a racing driver ;)

i hate GT5, the way the car handles is shocking, as soon as the back steps out and you give the slightest countersteer it pings you off the track!! pity i like my 1st person shooters more or i would have bought a xbox360 purely for the latest forza :)

Stewart
30th December 2009, 10:53 AM
If I did not have a have crud telly I’d have bought a 360 yesterday just for Forza 3, played it online a few times on a big screen and that Tag game is great fun were you play tig with the cars. Played MW too online but it really was a case of if I moved I got owned . took us a while but we killed a few online.

Consoles these days are great.
This is what we had when I was young.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f8/Pong.png/180px-Pong.png

john
7th March 2010, 07:52 PM
Tinternet now working but in currently offshore.

zimbo
8th March 2010, 11:43 AM
Tinternet now working but in currently offshore.

Excuses excuses!!! :rolleyes: :lol:

baptie
8th March 2010, 12:35 PM
Tinternet now working but in currently offshore

When you get home I would go here (http://www.tiso.com/) first in preperation for NMS free for all.....you will need it :smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
8th March 2010, 01:13 PM
When you get home I would go here (http://www.tiso.com/) first in preperation for NMS free for all.....you will need it :smilewinkgrin::lol:

zimbo
8th March 2010, 01:24 PM
When you get home I would go here (http://www.tiso.com/) first in preperation for NMS free for all.....you will need it :smilewinkgrin:

Yeah I agree, or you could just see Stoney coz he owns it... :yes nod: :laugh:

baptie
8th March 2010, 01:58 PM
http://www.clipartheaven.com/clipart/signs/no_camping.gif

Ferengo
8th March 2010, 02:32 PM
http://www.clipartheaven.com/clipart/signs/no_camping.gif

LMAO. Who in NMS does that apply to???

stoney
8th March 2010, 07:29 PM
Yeah I agree, or you could just see Stoney coz he owns it... :yes nod: :laugh:

well have to be at some thing