PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 latest...

zimbo
14th December 2009, 11:52 AM
The new Lotus Formula One team confirmed that Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen will form their race line-up for 2010, with Malaysia’s Fairuz Fauzy taking on the role of test and reserve driver.

Kimi Raikkonen will compete for Citroen’s Red Bull-backed junior team in the 2010 World Rally Championship (WRC) next season on a one year contract and may return to formula one only with a team with title-winning potential.

Newcomers Manor are officially entered as Virgin Cosworth, so it looks like Richard Branson has a new team seeing as Brawn are no longer around :clap:

2010 is going to be a cracking year, I cant wait... :D

AndyP & Lenore
15th December 2009, 12:59 AM
I really don't follow F1 that closely and I guess I could just ask Neil 'cause he'll probably know, but....

Was there not some issue last season where a few teams had pulled out or refused to sign up to next year. They were going to start their own F1 kind of racing or something.

Wot happened with all that? Did they all kiss and make up in the end?

A.:confused::confused::confused:

Mini Ecosse
15th December 2009, 07:34 AM
Did they all kiss and make up in the end?

A.:confused::confused::confused:

In a word YES.

Mini Ecosse
15th December 2009, 07:38 AM
Just on the telly. Michael Schumacher strongly tipped for the 2nd Mercedes seat.

Craig
15th December 2009, 09:21 AM
Just on the telly. Michael Schumacher strongly tipped for the 2nd Mercedes seat.

oooh, moving to the competition.... :thud: never thought I would see him drive for anyone other than fiat... :Whistle:

Mini Ecosse
23rd December 2009, 08:34 AM
Seven-times Formula 1 world champion Michael Schumacher will come out of retirement to race for Mercedes next year, BBC Sport understands. The German, who will be 41 on 3 January, has signed a contract and the deal will be announced imminently.

Mini Ecosse
23rd December 2009, 03:37 PM
Michael Schumacher will come out of retirement to make a sensational Formula 1 return with Mercedes GP next year.
After speculation reached fever pitch in recent days, the comeback plan was confirmed in a press conference at the team’s factory on Wednesday morning.

From ITV F1 site

zimbo
23rd December 2009, 10:32 PM
Yes this is going to be a BRILLIANT season specially now that 'the cat has been put amongst the pigeons...' so to speak, sounds like Mercedes have been after Schumie for a very long time after starting him off in '91' in F1 and have waited to get their mitts on him again...

Come on 2010 woo hoo :yes nod: OMG I CANT wait!!

Think I am DEFINATELY going to have to try and go and see my 1st ever F1 GP next year and maybe even another MOTO GP like I did this year with the boss and his boss, which was AWESOME!!

Crombers
24th December 2009, 09:11 AM
Legend that he is, I'm not budging from the red team

Gismo
25th December 2009, 07:29 AM
Think I am DEFINATELY going to have to try and go and see my 1st ever F1 GP next year and maybe even another MOTO GP like I did this year with the boss and his boss, which was AWESOME!!So, the USA F1 is on the cards then :Whistle:

zimbo
25th December 2009, 02:04 PM
So, the USA F1 is on the cards then :Whistle:

Mayyyyyyybbbeeeeee...., is that an offer is it? :D

Gismo
25th December 2009, 02:45 PM
Mayyyyyyybbbeeeeee...., is that an offer is it? :DYou're more than welcome :thumbs up:

Edit: There does not appear to be an F1 race in the USA in 2010 :sad: but.......................there is Indianapolis MotoGP in August :thumbs up:

zimbo
26th December 2009, 05:50 PM
You're more than welcome :thumbs up:

Edit: There does not appear to be an F1 race in the USA in 2010 :sad: but.......................there is Indianapolis MotoGP in August :thumbs up:

Mmmmm sounds very tempting, so no Laguna Seca MotoGP next year... :cool: