PDA

View Full Version : New Job!

Just Jade
11th December 2009, 08:11 PM
As some of you know already, due to Council cutbacks its highly likely my job will no longer exists come March :(

Went for an interview for a new job this morning and got a call late this afternoon offering me the job :D Its such a relief, we had just signed our lives away to buy our first house together when I got the news about my job and have had this hanging over us ever since :( I've been appying for lots of jobs and not even getting to the interview stage even tho I've had experience and qualifications so was getting more and more worried that I would be out of work with no income come March :(

We get the keys to our new house a week today, so getting this new job is a huge weight of our shoulders :D This is going to be the best Christmas ever! :D

I feel so sorry for people who have lost their jobs, especially those with kids and Christmas coming up :( I

Gismo
11th December 2009, 08:17 PM
It's so sad when this happens, you have to decide between getting redundancy and then getting a job or get what's "right" at the time and move on.
Companies shouldn't be able to do that, but, glad you got another job :thumbs up:

Just Jade
11th December 2009, 08:24 PM
Its been a dilema for me, I love the job I'm doing now and the thing is its not 100% certain that it will go in March, but highly likely.

I cant risk waiting until March then find out I'm out of work. I'd much prefer to be staying where I am now, but cant risk it. I've been fortunate to have had time to look for something unlike some people who don't get much warning of whats about to happen :(

AndyP & Lenore
11th December 2009, 08:35 PM
Jade that's excellent news. No doubt you and Colin are over the moon.:yes nod:

Well done.:thumbs up::clap:

A.:D

Big Gordy
11th December 2009, 11:41 PM
I've been fortunate to have had time to look for something unlike some people who don't get much warning of whats about to happen :(

Well done on the new job:thumbs up:
I had no warning at all:eek: 20 mins later I was gone:frown:

Craig
12th December 2009, 12:26 AM
glad it worked out for you Jade... :thumbs up:

as you say a lot of people have no warning... :frown: (including Big G.. :argh:)

Audio Advice
12th December 2009, 01:19 AM
its definately a worrying time - every trade and industry has issues but its nice to hear someone has got some good fortune.

hope things work out well for you - well done.

:thumbs up:

Sheilz
12th December 2009, 01:52 AM
Well done. Hope you enjoy the new job as much as you do your current one. :thumbs up:

Council business is grim just now, up this way anyway. Pretty dire having to turn people away weeping because they haven't got money to feed their kids. Normally we have leeway to help individuals according to their circumstances. Its not a good feeling turning away those who are desperate makes you feel like an absolute jerk. F*cking bankers and politicians :ragin::ragin::ragin:

Just Jade
12th December 2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks folks. I've had to take a drop in salary but I'm just more than relieved that at least I've got a job come March ;)

camjay
13th December 2009, 04:38 PM
Well done! That's great news. My hubby is only working part-time just now (we're thankful for that) and its tough times! Good luck with your new house. x