PDA

View Full Version : Sky + box

Craig
11th December 2009, 06:01 PM
one of my neighbours has a flashing red light on his sky + box and is being told by sky that he needs a new box... Being a bit of a fifer he doesnt want to pay for a new one... :lol:

is this not just the hard drive that has packed in, so me fitting a new one should fix it? :confused: The problem occured last night after his 9 year old left it on pause all night.. :thud:

Any help appreciated. :thumbs up:

Bazthemod
11th December 2009, 06:20 PM
We have a few quick fixes we have picked up through the work but they may have already tried these...

Sky tech support can talk you through performing a system restore over the phone. To do this yourself, press 'services' on your Sky plus remote, then select option 4. Next press 0, 1, select - you should now see the engineer's menu. Choose option 8, 'Full System Reset'. The box will now take a few minutes to reset itself.

Try pausing or recording again, and if the problem persists disconnect the digibox from the mains power. Press and hold the 'left' and 'right' navigation buttons on the front of the digibox whilst you reconnect the mains power. Continue holding the buttons in for about 20 seconds, and when the ring of light on the front comes on, press the 'select' button on the front of the digibox (between the left and right buttons you were holding). The Sky+ recording logo lights will spin backwards and, according to the Sky engineer, this will "clear the hard drive".

Once this is done, disconnect the digibox from the mains power again and this time press and hold the 'back up' button whilst you reconnect the mains power. Continue holding it for about 15 seconds until 3 lights on the front of the box come on and you get a full-screen message saying "Updating system software. Do not disconnect mains supply or satellite dish."

Leave the digibox doing its thing for about 10 minutes and it should be fixed! Try pausing and recording things again.

Craig
11th December 2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks Baz :thumbs up: I'll give it a try and let you know.. :yes nod: