PDA

View Full Version : O2 sacked, Orange hired.

AndyP & Lenore
11th December 2009, 12:01 PM
Got my iPhone back in May this year. Love the phone, but it was on O2 network. O2 seems fine almost everywhere I went, except in my house where I had a useless signal. No 3G at all. And at the front of the house I had a signal that would let me send and receive text messages intermittently - really as long as the wind was blowing in the right direction. At the back of the house I had a signal as long as I left the phone on the kitchen window ledge. So basically the phone was of no use at home.

2 days after I got the phone I went into the o2 shop and complained. They said, nothing to do with us, but they do plan to improve the service in this area.

In august I called o2 and complained and was told they do plan to improve the service in this area.

In late November I called again and was told the same thing. Told them this was not acceptable so asked for a supervisor. None available so one would call me back.

Two weeks later no call back so I called again. Spent 20 mins going round in circles with the guy who said it was my own fault and nothing he could do and "if you move just one kilometre I get a good signal so that's OK then." So asked for a supervisor again. Waited 10 mins for a line manager (suspect they were hoping I would give up and go away). But, when the line manager took my call he looked at the whole history and agreed that I should never have been sold the phone for my postcode as there is no 3G signal. He accepted that I had called 3 times and also gone into the shop within their 14 day cancellation period and was assured something that was gonna happen to improve the signal which was never on the cards. So basically I had been lied to on several occasions to make me shut up and go away. So this guy bumped the decision up to his own manager and they have agreed to take my phone back and cancel my contract.

16GB 3GS iPhone from Orange due to be delivered today. Always been on Orange so I know I have really good signal from them at home.

Result.:thumbs up:

Just thought I'd share.:yes nod:

A.:D

The Dogfather
11th December 2009, 12:44 PM
Nice :D, any problems let me know.

AndyP & Lenore
11th December 2009, 12:52 PM
Nice :D, any problems let me know.

Will do.:thumbs up:

Although I don't have a great 3G signal at home so will probably still need to switch 3G off to stop the battery draining, at least I DO get a really good normal signal so folk can still call me without me.:thumbs up:

N16SHP
11th December 2009, 01:06 PM
I used to be on O2 and could never get signal at my house. When i phone O2 to complain they asked "How big is you back garden?" why i asked, "would you consider us building a mini mobile phone mast in you back garden to help service your area better?" I just hung up with laughter!

AndyP & Lenore
11th December 2009, 01:16 PM
I guess it would have improved the signal:Whistle:. And think of the rent!:clap:

Mini Ecosse
11th December 2009, 02:21 PM
Jeez more about phones:rolleyes::Whistle:

Wait till Craig picks up on this post:lol::lol:

Delboy
11th December 2009, 02:47 PM
Sounds like a ridiculous amount of hassle so well done for pursuing it to the bitter end! Great result getting the contract terminated :thumbs up:.

Craig
11th December 2009, 03:05 PM
Jeez more about phones:rolleyes::Whistle:

Wait till Craig picks up on this post:lol::lol:

I was actually thinking about complaining to Vodafone and getting a mast in my back garden... :lol: As you say andy, great signal and the rent you get... Our force gets a fortune from all the mobile providers.. :yes nod: