PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Social Meet??

Burple
7th June 2004, 05:18 AM
Hey kids..
Since it's gonna be all quiet on the Mini front for the next couple of weeks...
Anybody fancy having a wee social meet in Dundee on te weekend of the 18th 19th or 20th of June?

Was thinking along the lines of maybe meeting up somewhere, heading down to Broughty Ferry for some pics at the Harbour / Castle / Beach (weather and Ned permitting ;)), then a wee cruise up to the Outside Inn (beside KFC ;)) or Hungry Horse (at the <heh> Airport) for some of the Banter..

Any takers?

Gismo
7th June 2004, 06:16 AM
Ewan, if i'm home i'll attend, but not the 18th, am going to see Elton John at Pitoddrie :evil:

minidriver#1
7th June 2004, 07:34 AM
none of those dates are good for me. i have a wedding that weekend :(

broken_brian
7th June 2004, 07:56 AM
all dates are good for me :D

minidriver#1
7th June 2004, 08:41 AM
sh*te.... i guess if its during the day on the 18th it'd be ok.

Willie M
7th June 2004, 03:33 PM
A big fat maybe 8)
Wouldn't mind popping along for this one but I'd have to confirm nearer the time I'm afraid.

Monsta Mo Mini
7th June 2004, 04:11 PM
The Friday night would be OK for me but 'am away, ah say away t' Yorkshire on Saturday. The following Sunday would be good for me.

Julz
7th June 2004, 05:58 PM
Hmmm, that may well be our house moving weekend as the carpets are getting fitted on the 18th!! Doesn't mean we wouldn't be there though!!:D

Burple
7th June 2004, 06:23 PM
Could make it the weekend after if tat makes it better for everyone??

:D

ny152
7th June 2004, 07:45 PM
On Sunday 20th I could probably attend day or night, any other time, probably only evening.
Wouldn't mind a wee trip up to Dundee. What do the local neds drink and i'll bring a bottle :)

phantom
8th June 2004, 03:04 AM
I reckon I could be available, but not Sunday 20th as I will be heading for the Doune Hill Climb.:)

Duncan Stewart
8th June 2004, 04:42 AM
I'm up for it but also heading to Doune on Sunday 20th.

ny152
8th June 2004, 05:16 AM
The Doune Hill Climb sounds quite interesting, never been to one before so might have to pay it a visit myself.

Dont know if this idea would work (what time does the hill climb finish?) but what about meeting up afterwards at Stirling for a run through to Dundee then the cruise as suggested?

Just one more option for Ewan to think about :D.

Jeff
8th June 2004, 05:28 AM
As long as you all could put up with the dodgy haircut and bad jokes!

Clare
8th June 2004, 06:06 AM
Yeah could probably do the 18th (evening) or the 19th or 20th.

zimbo
8th June 2004, 07:06 AM
Yeah maybe... :D

broken_brian
8th June 2004, 07:31 AM
nope the weekend after is no good for me :(

Burple
8th June 2004, 08:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jeff

As long as you all could put up with the dodgy haircut and bad jokes!

Yours or mine??? heh heh heh :D

OK... Don't Go There!!! (I'm watching you Col, Bri, Zimbo, Willie... and you too Allen... stop smirking there at the back!! ;))

Julz
8th June 2004, 05:24 PM
Next few weeks are a bit congested for me, but I'll try my best to make an appearance, once a date is finally decided that is!!:D

Duncan Stewart
8th June 2004, 08:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

The Doune Hill Climb sounds quite interesting, never been to one before so might have to pay it a visit myself.

Dont know if this idea would work (what time does the hill climb finish?) but what about meeting up afterwards at Stirling for a run through to Dundee then the cruise as suggested?

Just one more option for Ewan to think about :D.

Sounds good to me. Chris (Phantom) was suggesting a run to the hillclimb - do you know the start / finish times Chris?

phantom
9th June 2004, 03:24 AM
Dont know exactly, but will find out but usually around mid day for the main racing and finishes around 5pm.
I've just sent an E-mail to the competion secretary asking for times, so will let you know when I get a reply.

Duncan Stewart
15th June 2004, 06:21 PM
Is anything happening at the weekend or is this one off?

Burple
16th June 2004, 07:17 PM
Ok...
I was thinking about The Hungry Horse beside the Airport..
We could meet there after the Hillclimb, and anyone else who wants to come along can meet us there - say about 7? - go for a wee cruise and some photos, then back there for some food and a blether?
how does this sound?

Or if this is too much for one day (The Hillclimb at Doune then this), no problem, we can do it another time :D:D:D

What do ya'll think? How many of you are likely to still want to go?
:D

Julz
16th June 2004, 07:52 PM
Rob and I were going to go for some grub somewhere on saturday anyway, just for a break, so we could tag along for that!!:D

Duncan Stewart
16th June 2004, 08:47 PM
Fine for me. Hill climb is Sunday 20th.

Julz
16th June 2004, 09:01 PM
PICKY PICKY PICKY!!!!!;) Sunday if fine too!!:clown:

ny152
16th June 2004, 11:47 PM
Might be able to talk 'er indoors to a wee run through to Dundee in the evening :).

broken_brian
17th June 2004, 12:16 AM
i might make it for the little crusie a drive to dundee could be fun :D

phantom
17th June 2004, 03:24 AM
I doubt I will be able to make this now but will keep it open just in case.:)

seany
17th June 2004, 03:33 AM
sunday 20th is fathers day

Willie M
17th June 2004, 03:09 PM
Afraid we ain't gonna manage this one :(

minidriver#1
17th June 2004, 08:05 PM
what day is this on? :(

Duncan Stewart
18th June 2004, 12:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

PICKY PICKY PICKY!!!!!;) Sunday if fine too!!:clown:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :D:p

Burple
18th June 2004, 12:40 AM
Ok guys...
I might not manage the Doune Hill Climb, but I'm certainly still up for this.
Anyone who wants to come along is more than welcome..
Meeting at the Hungry Horse restaurant thingy beside Dundee Airport - Off the wee roundabout to the west of the Airport :D - at approx 7pm...
Hoping to set off for a wee cruise about at 7.30, some photies (hopefully) then back to the HH for a blether and 'the Banter' ;):D:D

See Y'all there!!!

Julz
18th June 2004, 04:14 PM
We'll certainly be there, but waiting til after the 'wee cruise' for food, how will you cope with the wait Ewan?? Ahhhh, 'wee cruise' via KFC, I see!!;):p

Bazthemod
19th June 2004, 12:04 AM
That would be a photo oppertunity! Line up of MINI'S at KFC drive thru!:cool:

Burple
21st June 2004, 08:08 PM
Hey!!
Where was everybody??

ok... so it did Pee down a wee bit, and the cruise bit got cancelled...
but the munchies were on top form!!
Cheer's to Bri and Sue, Flick, Ali and Clare (First event!! Woo!! :D) for turning up for a blether... and Allen and Tricia for almost staying! ;);) hope you didn't get served by the miserable bugger that brought our nachos!! Right happy camper he was!!! heh...
:D:cool:

ny152
22nd June 2004, 07:55 AM
That was probably the guy who I demanded a refund from just before we left :).
Think I'll just go to Dundee KFC in future....

Julz
22nd June 2004, 08:03 PM
Sorry <slap>, I'm losing my marbles these days, but almost moved house, as of this weekend we will be mid transit!! So the pc will be in a box somewhere and the one at work keeps crashing!!:eek::sleepy: