PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Ayrshire Newbie

Ayrshire09
6th December 2009, 02:14 PM
Hey ppl jus joined the site, thought i would say hello, Me an fiancee recently bought an 03 MCS, loving it so far although fuel consumption is an eye opener lol. Heres a pic just now, has aero grille on it now though, few little other things needing done but not desperately (wheels refurbed and possiblly machine polished to try an get rid of some swirls-when i pluck up courage)

Anyway will get other pics up soon, Lemme know wat you think.

Cheers in advance, Fraser.

Gismo
6th December 2009, 02:16 PM
:welcome: Fraser

Craig
6th December 2009, 02:32 PM
:welcome: Fraser :thumbs up:

nice car and one of my favourite MINI colours... BEP is the best tho... :p

Fartin Martin
6th December 2009, 02:50 PM
Welcome aboard mate..its alllll down down hill from here now!:p:lol:

Ayrshire09
6th December 2009, 03:02 PM
Hey ppl thanx for the replys, not sure what road to go Down with the alloys, refurb them, black, silver,or buy new ones?? Although maybe better spending the cash elsewhere in the car, needs windows tinting and I'm toying with the idea of 15% pulley, don't wanna go I to mega bucks though so not sure. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers, Fraser.

Duncan Stewart
6th December 2009, 03:10 PM
:welcome:

m8cxc
6th December 2009, 04:30 PM
hi :welcome:

GCA3N
6th December 2009, 04:54 PM
Nice car always liked this colour, where about are you in Ayrshire, I have lived most of my life there, was in Largs but just moved to Arran,(but will be back on mainland sooner rather than later) as you can see by my pic I have an R56 S in laser blue (GCA3N is my plate) maybe see you about. Get an NMS sticker on you car.

Oh and Welcome on board.

Ayrshire09
6th December 2009, 05:19 PM
Hey I'm down in Troon, how'd I get a hold of nms sticker?? My car is missing sumthin but really cant decide wat it is, I wanna do a few tasteful mods but not sure wat, 2 indecisive.

Cheers, Fraser

Gismo
6th December 2009, 05:40 PM
how'd I get a hold of nms sticker??
Click the http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/member_pictures/the_gismo_man/link.gif (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/index.html) to the home page and providing you have paypal simply click the sticker link, make the payment and advise if you want an inside or an outside sticker :thumbs up:

I'll advise Craig to send you one out when i receive the payment

stoney
6th December 2009, 06:22 PM

GCA3N
6th December 2009, 06:55 PM
Hey I'm down in Troon, how'd I get a hold of nms sticker?? My car is missing sumthin but really cant decide wat it is, I wanna do a few tasteful mods but not sure wat, 2 indecisive.

Cheers, Fraser

I got married at the piersland house hotel in Troon, and Troon is where we are seriously thinking about moving too, I love Troon really nice place.

Delboy
6th December 2009, 08:15 PM
Hi Fraser and :welcome:. Your car looks great :thumbs up:.

Ayrshire09
6th December 2009, 09:24 PM
Nice one, piersland hotel is where I proposed to ma gf :D. Thanx for the comments on the car, anyone got any recommendations on which route to go down with the mods(tasteful) I'm thinking on concentrating on look first, would like to change s-pulley but don't have the cash lying around to buy the things that will go with doin that at the mo.

Cheers, Fraser.

Mini Ecosse
6th December 2009, 09:32 PM
Hi, :welcome:

Ivano
6th December 2009, 10:24 PM
Hello and :welcome:

Craig
6th December 2009, 11:22 PM
Fraser,

I would refurb your wheels - s spokes are one of the best looking oem wheels, heavy but strong. :thumbs up:

window tinting - get our sponsors to do it... Mini Designs (also known as Solaglas Technologies). They have a place in Ayr and Stirling and can do the job mobile. ;) PM them thro the site and you will get a great deal. Just had mine done by them and they did a great job (again) :clap:

as for other mods, exhaust, manifold, supercharger pulley, GRS intercooler should give a great noise and plenty more power. :yes nod:

audrey
6th December 2009, 11:31 PM
Hi Fraser :bigwave:

Nice car :cool::cool:

baptie
6th December 2009, 11:37 PM
Hi Fraser, welcome along.
I am along in Bonnie Irvine, Silver 'S' similar to yours S19 BAP

Wheel Refurb, place in prestwick - Carrick Engineering, they will see you right.

Stevie

Colin
7th December 2009, 12:25 AM

GCA3N
7th December 2009, 07:13 AM
Wheel Refurb, place in prestwick - Carrick Engineering, they will see you right.

Stevie

Dito that, this place has a great reputation.

Ayrshire09
7th December 2009, 09:15 AM
Hi ppl, cheers again for the replys, not sure wether to keep the wheels silver or go black or anthracite?? Engine mods might have to wait till I have a lil more cash flow-all the stuff I need is gna cost me a fortune, only good thing is I will hopefully not have to pay labour if I speak to ma dad nicely( has his own garage)

Will def be using Carrick engineering though, hav used them in the past and was well chuffed with his work, only let down was ma wheels never got balanced which I was told would be done but hey-ho can't have everything I spose. Gonna speak to the place in Ayr that does tints n see wat there prices are like, any ideas how much to get whole car done (posibilly fronts also)??

Think there would be any gain in just puttin 15 or 17% pulley on it andnleaving it at that just now??

Cheers, Fraser.

GCA3N
7th December 2009, 09:34 AM
Hi ppl, cheers again for the replys, not sure wether to keep the wheels silver or go black or anthracite?? Engine mods might have to wait till I have a lil more cash flow-all the stuff I need is gna cost me a fortune, only good thing is I will hopefully not have to pay labour if I speak to ma dad nicely( has his own garage)

Will def be using Carrick engineering though, hav used them in the past and was well chuffed with his work, only let down was ma wheels never got balanced which I was told would be done but hey-ho can't have everything I spose. Gonna speak to the place in Ayr that does tints n see wat there prices are like, any ideas how much to get whole car done (posibilly fronts also)??

Think there would be any gain in just puttin 15 or 17% pulley on it andnleaving it at that just now??

Cheers, Fraser.

Back three windows will be around 100-150, there is a place in ardrossan that i used very good, only 100 for the back 3 windows. As far as front goes remember that anything on top of what you have will be illegal. I know what the police are like down your way and they always pull folks for this. As far as wheel go I think an anthracite would be :cool: imo.

RyanK
7th December 2009, 09:41 AM
Welcome. Nice base car for a sweet project

You will need an uprated intercooler before you for the larger pulley. A GP Incercooler or GRS intercooler will see you through

Ayrshire09
7th December 2009, 09:51 AM
Aye unfortunately I've already been fined for having tints on front of last car, but to b honest guys cldnt have been nicer mine where only letting sumthin like 18% light through lol so I could have got 60quid fine and three points but I was goin on holiday nxt day so they let me away with 30quid fine aslong as I took them straight off. Is there any pulley I can put on without changing intercooler?? Wanna do everything ryte, dnt want car goin bang!

Wat uz think bout lowering??

shaunbhoy67
7th December 2009, 01:25 PM
welcome along to the site

Crombers
8th December 2009, 12:31 PM
Welcome to NMSland :cool:

I treat my pup most weekends with a trip to Troon beach & then me & the Mrs (to be) pop into the Wheatsheaf in Symington on the way back :beer:

Oh & get a sports manifold, link pipe & back box (many to choose from , Playmini gets my vote) as the 'S' sounds the bo!!ocks when fitted :yes nod: