PDA

View Full Version : Is my car due a service?

ace_dude
5th December 2009, 02:02 PM
Hey, needing a bit of advice regarding servicing for my 04 Cooper.
It's telling me it has 4000 mils left until the miles inspection is due but the brake fluid indicator is saying it is 500 miles overdue.......I've done about 9000 miles in it since buying it from Eastern. Should I take it in? Thinking of taking it to Douglas Parks in Glasgow, cheers. ;)

Livi
5th December 2009, 06:55 PM
Yes, if the car is reading overdue i would get it done.

if your unsure and want to double check, have the dealer do a keyread on your key and it will tell them :thumbs up:

Fartin Martin
5th December 2009, 07:03 PM
Hey, needing a bit of advice regarding servicing for my 04 Cooper.
It's telling me it has 4000 mils left until the miles inspection is due but the brake fluid indicator is saying it is 500 miles overdue.......I've done about 9000 miles in it since buying it from Eastern. Should I take it in? Thinking of taking it to Douglas Parks in Glasgow, cheers. ;)

I would maybe try taking it to Harry Fairbairn in Giffnock..don't like DP as when i was looking for my Checkmate had an appointment with one of the salesmen he hit out with rather cheekily"why do you want a mini?"..ehmmmm..cos am askin you for one pal!!...then after a phonecall a few days previous to specify what i was after..cooper s..full or half leather..deffo a sun roof..hopefully HK..he trys to show me a COOPER with just a sunroof:confused::confused::confused:..deffo the last i will be back there!!

Just IMHO though..your call!;)

ace_dude
5th December 2009, 07:50 PM
Cheers to both of you for the advice.
Was just thinking of DP's cos it is closest too me and would be the most convenient. I have been to the Giffnock showroom and the saleswoman was really nice, it's just rather out the road frm me as I stay in North Glasgow.

Stewart
6th December 2009, 01:59 AM
My Cooper came up for its first service and it was in and out in under an hour at HF Giffinock. It was actually the Brake fluid one but they done the service as well. Took out an S for a spin while the car was getting done:D

Fartin Martin
6th December 2009, 09:47 AM
Cheers to both of you for the advice.
Was just thinking of DP's cos it is closest too me and would be the most convenient. I have been to the Giffnock showroom and the saleswoman was really nice, it's just rather out the road frm me as I stay in North Glasgow.

Who was the saleswomen, was it Donna by chance??..DP's closest to me too as Im in Milton but I would still rather drive to HF as my mate is a mechanic in there too so I know Calvin would be looked after!;)..plus its another excuse to drive my car!!:lol:

where is it you stay if you don't mind me asking??

:D

ace_dude
7th December 2009, 02:25 PM
Who was the saleswomen, was it Donna by chance??..DP's closest to me too as Im in Milton but I would still rather drive to HF as my mate is a mechanic in there too so I know Calvin would be looked after!;)..plus its another excuse to drive my car!!:lol:

where is it you stay if you don't mind me asking??

:D

Yeah I'm pretty sure the girls name was Donna, she was really nice actually.
Cool, I might just head over to Giffnock then based on what you guys have said.

Martin, I stay just up the road from you in Bishopbriggs / Auchinairn. :bigwave:

jaffamaster
8th December 2009, 03:49 PM
Personally I wouldn't bother until your main service is due, but it's down to choice, they recomend changing the brake fluid at x amount of miles, this is the first time I've ever had a car's brake fluid changed and I doubt it will make one bit of difference to your average driver - saying that, we had ours done at the same time as the service for an extra £85 - I won't be changing it again, waste of time and money IMHO:hand:

bry_mini
8th December 2009, 07:12 PM
Martin, I stay just up the road from you in Bishopbriggs / Auchinairn. :bigwave:

Me 2!!!

I have previously bought a mini from DP and wasnt impressed with the service....but it is very handy for servicing etc

Ally S
10th December 2009, 08:44 PM
The brake fluid goes bad after a while and its not wise to ignore brake related issues.

If your car is an 04 it might not have been changed before. The brake fluid is time dependant as well as milleage dependant so it may have been out of sync with previous service intervals.

You could just get the brake fluid changed.

Stewart
10th December 2009, 10:29 PM
My car had only done 12K and it was needing both its first service and the Brakes done but cost nothing as it was in the TLC package. As I was heading down south to the Dales I was quite happy I had new Oil and Brake fluid.

ace_dude
10th December 2009, 10:41 PM
I went into DP's today and had them do a keyread, they told me just to get the brake fluid changed when it goes in for its main service.....4,500 miles away.
Recon that will take a good few months as I don't have high mileage but I'm happy cos I don't have to fork out for any costs at the minute. :cool:

Stewart
10th December 2009, 10:45 PM
My Car was done in about 30-40 mins without the Valet (had please do not wash) on two A4 one at the front window and one the back :D

so it was quick, just enough time to have an "S" for a we run and back.