PDA

View Full Version : Another Holiday Query!

camjay
5th December 2009, 12:36 PM
Hi. Asked already about Bulgaria, but that got the resounding :frown::frown:

So, we were thinking of doing the camping abroad thing next year. Anyone done this? Any tips or recommendations? Thanks again. :thumbs up:

PS When I mean camping unlike my hubby I don't fancy tents! I was thinking more static van's etc (yeah, I know I'm no fun, but me and tents are a no-no)! :smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
5th December 2009, 05:57 PM
I've not done static abroad but I have toured in Europe with our own van many times.

I have stayed at sites that do statics like Eruocamp selectcamp keycamp etc etc.

Touring is a great way to see Europe IMHO so you should really consider camping you will see much much more.

There is a lot more excitement driving down from Belgium to Italy much more than driving from Glasgow to London.

camjay
8th December 2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks Fiona. Just didn't know where to start. Thinking about Italy or France, but want to go where the weather is going to be good. I think the kids would love it! ;)

MrMischief
9th December 2009, 12:47 AM
I didn't have any plans for hols a few years ago, couldn't be ar5ed with the usual clubbing hol so a mate & I went camping in a tent in France. We travelled light as we drove down in my MR2 & got the Ferry from Portsmouth to Caen & headed down to a site in Brittany.

The roads round the coastline are brilliant, and there's loads to see & do for kids. Marinas, aqua parks, sealife centres...

Was a great hol apart from the speeding fine & red wine hangovers :Whistle:

Also, my folks have driven to Italy every year for the past 14ish years, I went with them for 3 or 4 times & drove over there as soon as I was old enough. They vary the route every year & head through different countries. Some of the tunnels & viaducts are amazing - Top Gear are finally starting to cover them :thumbs up:

Be prepared with your vignette if going through Switzerland & remember your first aid kit, high vis jacket & triangle for everywhere else. And plenty cash if stopping in Monte Carlo :D

Have fun planning your route
Steve