bazzaric
5th December 2009, 10:27 AM
Looking for a iPhone, must be the 3 GS.
Let me know if anyone is selling.

Cheers:thumbs up:

have you tried:

www.avforums.com
www.hotukdeals.com

both have good second hand sections (although most phones are nearly new). Your still looking at £360-£400 for a 16Gb 3GS and £450 for a 32Gb 3GS

There's rumours that Tesco will start selling them next week though

TheDoctor46
5th December 2009, 10:29 AM
have you tried:

www.avforums.com
www.hotukdeals.com

both have good second hand sections (although most phones are nearly new). Your still looking at £360-£400 for a 16Gb 3GS and £450 for a 32Gb 3GS

There's rumours that Tesco will start selling them next week though

Mmm......well in that case, i may just buy knew, the 3GS 16gb can be bought from Apple for £440.
I'll try the links though, cheers:thumbs up:

bazzaric
5th December 2009, 12:18 PM
Mmm......well in that case, i may just buy knew, the 3GS 16gb can be bought from Apple for £440.
I'll try the links though, cheers:thumbs up:

I would honestly wait a week if you can. If tesco start selling it on PAYG then there's the first chance of getting a discount on the price, and of course you can use money off vouchers and get some clubcard points. There are currently no discounts direct from 02 or Apple.

The best way to get it cheapest new at the moment is via Quidco and www.mobiles.co.uk

see: http://www.quidco.com/mobiles-co-uk/

This will get you £10 cashback for the purchase of a PAYG phone (or £60 off a contract phone).

TheDoctor46
12th December 2009, 05:47 PM
With regards to buying new, if the phone has already been activated, will it still work when i plug it into my Itunes if it has already been synced to another??? and is the warranty transfereble, say if the phone has a fault within the manufacturers warranty period, will i get it fixed??

Bazthemod
12th December 2009, 06:04 PM
If its new why would it have been synced with iTunes before?

Even if it is, it will warn you that the phone is synced with another library and that proceeding will erase all data.

TheDoctor46
12th December 2009, 08:23 PM
Sorry, i meant buying used:thumbs up:

Bazthemod
13th December 2009, 01:43 AM
You can restore the iphone to get rid of the previous owners cheesy music and start fresh lol :p

bazzaric
13th December 2009, 05:53 PM
yeah, the phone only needs 'activated' once, but can be wiped clean and started afresh however many times you like. The warranty stays with the phone, and can be checked at https://selfsolve.apple.com/

The only worry I would have is someone selling you a phone on their contract, then the seller claiming it was 'stolen'. The phone would be barred and rendered useless. They would pocket the money and get a new phone.