PDA

View Full Version : MPG display

Ally S
5th December 2009, 12:46 AM
Does anyone elses MPG readout seem to get stuck? Mine just seems to get stuck for ages on the same reading even when changing driving style.

On the Oban trip it said 45.8 for most of the journey and after Sundays trip its stuck at 37.1. I would have expected that it would go up and down slightly at the least.

Compared with my previous cars it just doesnt seem to work very well.

GCA3N
5th December 2009, 07:19 AM
Does anyone elses MPG readout seem to get stuck? Mine just seems to get stuck for ages on the same reading even when changing driving style.

On the Oban trip it said 45.8 for most of the journey and after Sundays trip its stuck at 37.1. I would have expected that it would go up and down slightly at the least.

Compared with my previous cars it just doesnt seem to work very well.

The longer you don't reset it the less quicker it will change. I reset mine at the start of most journeys that way it will reflect what I got for that particular journey. Rememder that it is worked out on the ammount petrol you use divided by the miles you've driven to give you an average If it's not been reset for ages ( ie large ammount of petrol used divided by large ammount of miles) even a big change in driving style will take a while for it to change the Average MPG which is what it is working out. Hope that makes sense, either that or yours is faulty.:rolleyes:

Crombers
6th December 2009, 10:49 AM
Not looked at mine for years, too busy driving MINI styleeeeee :hand: