PDA

View Full Version : iPhone itouch users

GCA3N
1st December 2009, 11:14 PM
Thought I'd start a thread for all the iPhone - itouch users. So many fantastic apps out there it's easy to miss all the great ones. If you have found a new app you think is worth a mention get it up.

I'll start found a brilliant app called ping! It allows you to send free txts over wifi/3g/GPRS network to any other iPhone or itouch. This means itouch users can txt other iPhone/itouch I love it. Also need for speed underground best racing game in the app store IMO.

From AndyP
"Sky +" for setting your sky box.
"Flight control" for simple but frustrating fun.
"Solitaire". Simple card fun
"radio BOX". an Internet radio app. We use this to listen to Forth1 every morning, with our iPod touch on the Sony air thingy.

Emicen
IM+ = messenger for your phone
Dynolicious = vbox style g-meter to time 0-60 etc
Livestong = calorie and exercise monitor (cause I'm trying to shed some weight which makes it fine for a guy to use!)
GPS LTE = gps tracker that lets you time and trace a run over a map going you average and max speed etc and integrates with your tunes so you don't have to jump in an out of aps

Volvic
VitualPool (free trial (couple of games))
PaperToss
Parking mania

Ferengo
ZXcam - Take a photo of someone then it will convert that image into the style image that used to come up when you loaded spectrum games, best bit is it will also do another file that will play the dodgy screen load music and it's playable in spectrum emulators

Ace Dude
Bejeweled 2 is great
Facebook app is excellent for anyone on FB.
Monopoly is really good, again quite addictive.
Airport Mania & FlightControl are both really good fun.
TVGuide - I love this, very handy - make sure u set it to your region.
WunderRadio - Very handy with a huge list of radio stations.

Delboy
1st December 2009, 11:22 PM
Greig, are you on commission for Ping :Whistle:?

Great app though :thumbs up:

Craig
1st December 2009, 11:24 PM
Greig,

try and keep the list of the best apps updated on the first post so I know what to get and what not to when I get my iphone in the spring. :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd December 2009, 12:59 AM
Essentials:

"radioBOX". an Internet radio app. We use this to listen to Forth1 every morning, with our iPod touch on the Sony air thingy.

A.

GCA3N
2nd December 2009, 09:11 AM
Greig,

try and keep the list of the best apps updated on the first post so I know what to get and what not to when I get my iphone in the spring. :thumbs up:

will try, good idea.

Essentials:

"radioBOX". an Internet radio app. We use this to listen to Forth1 every morning, with our iPod touch on the Sony air thingy.

A.

Updated.

emicen
2nd December 2009, 11:02 AM
Seems to be a lot of people loving Ping, my mate emailed me about it but I haven't got round to checking it out yet.

My favourites:
IM+ = messenger for your phone

Dynolicious = vbox style g-meter to time 0-60 etc

Livestong = calorie and exercise monitor (cause I'm trying to shed some weight which makes it fine for a guy to use!)

GPS LTE = gps tracker that lets you time and trace a run over a map going you average and max speed etc and integrates with your tunes so you don't have to jump in an out of aps

I've also downloaded speedbox which is meant to give you an HUD on the windscreen but never actually tried it.

Craig
2nd December 2009, 12:25 PM
will try, good idea.

Updated.

Good Man :clap:

GP BILLY
3rd December 2009, 01:27 PM
VitualPool is a great app and it has a free trial (couple of games) I
have bought the hole game and can't put it down:thumbs up::thumbs up:

PaperToss world tour is another of those wee games that are so
addictive:yes nod::yes nod:

Parking mania same as above addictive and frustrating:laugh:

Ferengo
4th December 2009, 05:53 PM
ZXcam - Take a photo of someone then it will convert that image into the style image that used to come up when you loaded spectrum games, best bit is it will also do another file that will play the dodgy screen load music and it's playable in spectrum emulators

iDaft - Check it out. Great for a laugh.

ace_dude
5th December 2009, 02:18 PM
Bejeweled 2 is great, but so addictive I had to delete it due to spending too much time on it. :laugh:

Facebook app is excellent for anyone on FB.

Monopoly is really good, again quite addictive.

Airport Mania & FlightControl are both really good fun.

TVGuide - I love this, very handy - make sure u set it to your region.

:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
5th December 2009, 02:43 PM

:thumbs up:

Ace Dude, could you have a look and see if Forth One is listed in the available radio stations in the actual App. I've checked out Wunder Radio's web site and they don't list it. But they get their streams from RadioTime.com and they DO list it. So not sure if WunderRadio will have it as an available channel or not.:confused:

A.:D

ace_dude
7th December 2009, 02:43 PM
Ace Dude, could you have a look and see if Forth One is listed in the available radio stations in the actual App. I've checked out Wunder Radio's web site and they don't list it. But they get their streams from RadioTime.com and they DO list it. So not sure if WunderRadio will have it as an available channel or not.:confused:

A.:D

Hi Andy, just checked for you and yes Forth One is available....listening to it right now on my iPhone loud and clear. It's listed under a feed from RadioFeeds UK, not under RadioTime. Hope this helps mate. ;)

AndyP & Lenore
7th December 2009, 08:42 PM
Hi Andy, just checked for you and yes Forth One is available....listening to it right now on my iPhone loud and clear. It's listed under a feed from RadioFeeds UK, not under RadioTime. Hope this helps mate. ;)

Cheers for that. I downloaded Wunderradio and it does the same as Radio Box.:sad: It connects and plays fine, but the buffer just isn't big enough for Wi Fi and when it looses the connection it will not re-connect.

A.

euan
7th December 2009, 10:47 PM
Cheers for that. I downloaded Wunderradio and it does the same as Radio Box.:sad: It connects and plays fine, but the buffer just isn't big enough for Wi Fi and when it looses the connection it will not re-connect.

A.

That's your iPod telling you something there Andy - time to listen to something better than Forth! :-)

AndyP & Lenore
8th December 2009, 12:06 AM
That's your iPod telling you something there Andy - time to listen to something better than Forth! :-)

Noo noo noo noo... Forth 1 rocks. Especially boogie & dingo, stotty and Iain Waugh. The alternative is BBC Radio 2 and lenore won't have any of it. Claims I'm not old enough yet. :D

A. :D

Delboy
11th December 2009, 09:36 AM
Here's a few decent Apps I've recently downloaded:-

Photobucket - handy for accessing your albums anytime and uploading new pics from your iPhone.

HotUKDeals - keep an eye out for some great bargains.

Cannon Challenge - a rather addictive (free) game.

Flick Fishing - this is 59p but if you're in any way interested in fishing then you will enjoy this.

RyanK
11th December 2009, 09:38 AM
I was playing one on my mates phone yesterday and it was a hit.

Throw mashed up paper into buckets see how much you can get in a row.

Sorry I don't know what its called ha

Delboy
11th December 2009, 02:43 PM
I was playing one on my mates phone yesterday and it was a hit.

Throw mashed up paper into buckets see how much you can get in a row.

Sorry I don't know what its called ha

That's Paper Toss - already mentioned above and is ace :thumbs up:.