PDA

View Full Version : k&n filter

m8cxc
1st December 2009, 07:57 PM
what do you guys think of them im thinkin of putting 1 on my cooper what kinda difference will it make ?:smilewinkgrin:

GCA3N
1st December 2009, 08:13 PM
what do you guys think of them im thinkin of putting 1 on my cooper what kinda difference will it make ?:smilewinkgrin:

I put something similar on my old cooper, nicer sound but don't think you'll notice anything performance wise.

m8cxc
1st December 2009, 08:21 PM
maybe i wont bother then she sounds great just the way she is

KenL
1st December 2009, 08:25 PM

:thumbs up:

GCA3N
1st December 2009, 08:27 PM

As part of a series of mods you can increase the power, induction, exhaust and re-map, for around 500-600 will get you a good few extra horses from you cooper, probably around 140-150 BHP.(max) There is alot more but that's what I was going for, never got round to the remap though. The only good thing about the K&N fiter is you'll never need to replace it.

m8cxc
1st December 2009, 08:36 PM
hmmmm sumthin to think about then as i was goin for a custom stainless steel exhused soon back box rotten and needs replaced

GCA3N
1st December 2009, 09:04 PM
hmmmm sumthin to think about then as i was goin for a custom stainless steel exhused soon back box rotten and needs replaced

That was the reason for me doing it. If your thinking of exhaust playmini is the way forward beautiful sounding system.

m8cxc
1st December 2009, 09:08 PM
has playmini got website ?

GCA3N
1st December 2009, 09:19 PM
has playmini got website ?

You'll get one through new mini Scotland. One of the site sponsers. Can't remember which one. There are older threads all about this have a look.

m8cxc
1st December 2009, 09:22 PM
cheers what sort money r they was quoted £253

GCA3N
1st December 2009, 09:31 PM
cheers what sort money r they was quoted £253

Not sure tbo. Someone should be along soon with more advice. The site is quiet tonight don't know where everyone is.

KenL
1st December 2009, 09:47 PM
As part of a series of mods you can increase the power, induction, exhaust and re-map, for around 500-600 will get you a good few extra horses from you cooper, probably around 140-150 BHP.(max) There is alot more but that's what I was going for, never got round to the remap though. The only good thing about the K&N fiter is you'll never need to replace it.

That seems a LOT of an increase from the stock 115 bhp, no?

Remember the R50 JCW Cooper only managed 130bhp with its remap and what ever else they had done to them.

Craig
1st December 2009, 09:48 PM
:bigwave: I'm here.... :thumbs up:

playmini exhaust, buy direct from PLAYMINI (http://www.playmini.co.uk/) direct

or buy from P & L Mini (https://www.plminishop.com/) (this is where I bought mine from when I had my coop) :thumbs up:

as for induction kit/air filter. If you want performance gain, best just to change the panel filter in your air box for a foam one (itg, pipercross etc). :yes nod:

m8cxc
1st December 2009, 10:03 PM
thax for that went on playminis site and had a wee look thinkin doin it after xmas if i got any cash left lol

GCA3N
1st December 2009, 10:18 PM
That seems a LOT of an increase from the stock 115 bhp, no?

Remember the R50 JCW Cooper only managed 130bhp with its remap and what ever else they had done to them.

Your right ken that should have read 130-140 max cheers

Gismo
1st December 2009, 10:48 PM
You'll get one through new mini Scotland. One of the site sponsers. Can't remember which one. There are older threads all about this have a look.Eh, didn't know i supplied that :eek: :D

GCA3N
1st December 2009, 11:04 PM
Eh, didn't know i supplied that :eek: :D

Jings was trying to do the right thing. Thought you could get these through the site. Think you should think about it then.