PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked GT-R

ianking
30th November 2009, 08:02 PM
I was driving out of my work today at about 3.30pm and I spotted a low loader at the lights with a mangled new silver GT-R on it. I thought it might be about to go into Nobles Nissan as they are the GT-R dealer for Scotland but half hour later when I was driving back past the garage there was no mangled GT-R round the back. It certainly wouldnt drive and would prob need to be placed on dollys so that it could be pushed around.

Bit of a shame to see such a nice car mangled up. There were no reg plates on the car.

GCA3N
30th November 2009, 08:50 PM
There were no reg plates on the car.

I read somewhere they do this on bad accident damaged cars incase someone sees the car and decides to clone the plate as the origonal car will Be written off. Probably not going to happen to a GT-R though. Could have just came off in the accident though.

ianking
30th November 2009, 09:44 PM
Nah the plate wouldnt have come off on the back bumper due to the accident.
I recon the owner just wanted the plate off incase it gets fixed up and some keen eye like me spotted it on a trailor and took a pic and put it on t'internet. I couldnt get my camera phone out quick enough.

AeroJonny
30th November 2009, 09:46 PM
Could be the guy didn't want people realising it was his car and did it to save face...

Walked past the Nissan dealer in oxford, no fewer than 16 GT-Rs outside :D

GCA3N
30th November 2009, 09:57 PM
Nah the plate wouldnt have come off on the back bumper due to the accident.
I recon the owner just wanted the plate off incase it gets fixed up and some keen eye like me spotted it on a trailor and took a pic and put it on t'internet. I couldnt get my camera phone out quick enough.

I have seen loads of wrecked cars on lorries and the common thing I have noticed is no plates. Seems a bit of a coincidence.

ianking
30th November 2009, 10:12 PM
Yeah we are both right in saying that someone has removed it.
I was saying that the accident wouldnt have popped it off.

ianking
30th November 2009, 10:13 PM
Walked past the Nissan dealer in oxford, no fewer than 16 GT-Rs outside :D

there seems to a fair few at the dealer here as well. The same ones have been sitting for some time.
Perhaps the servicing costs put folk off and they cancelled their order.

GCA3N
30th November 2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah we are both right in saying that someone has removed it.
I was saying that the accident wouldnt have popped it off.

sorry did not pick up on that Ian.:blush:

GP BILLY
1st December 2009, 09:22 AM
Page 3 has a wee picture of it:thumbs up: (don't think it will polish out Ian)

gtr-crash-aberdeen (http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/127511-gtr-crash-aberdeen.html)

ianking
1st December 2009, 09:38 AM
yeah I had posted this on DW forum as well as there are alot of GTR owners on there.
A member there knows the driver and he wasnt hurt but car is a write off.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ianking82/gtr.jpg

zimbo
1st December 2009, 10:43 AM
It says in the GT-R owners forum that this guy also wrecked a TVR Sagaris :eek:
he must have loads of money... Besides he wont have any probs sourcing another GT-R with all the cancelled order cars sitting around the country looking for new owners :rolleyes:

euan
1st December 2009, 12:50 PM
Either he's very unlucky or more money than skill. He reckons there was oil on the road, but it was on the slip at Altens where people are known to put the hammer down a bit. I'm not judging, I've done it as well, but even so you have to wonder.

RyanK
1st December 2009, 01:31 PM
Its an awesome corner but get it wrong and your knackered. I tend to trotter round it at 40 :D