PDA

View Full Version : Airbag light staying on

lowrider
28th November 2009, 09:06 PM
Tonight my red air bag light stayed on when i was driving. When I stopped the car and restarted it came on then went off then immediately came back on again. Help ? How do I fix this (any reset tools available for loan?)

Thanks.

lowrider
3rd December 2009, 10:00 PM
bumpo!

Delboy
4th December 2009, 10:05 AM
I haven't had the airbag warning light stay on, just the engine warning light :rolleyes:.

In a previous car (not a Mini) I had problems with the airbag warning light and it was a long saga with the dealer to get it resolved. I think you need a visit to a Mini dealer to get it checked out asap - you don't want the airbags failing to deploy in an accident :frown:.

L13ARG
4th December 2009, 02:56 PM
first thing i would check would be wiring under seats. bad for loose connection on bmw,s and vauxhalls etc etc .I would check this first if no wires are found to be loose it will need plugged in to diagnostic computer Hope this helps

lowrider
4th December 2009, 06:59 PM
I checked the wires, they are clipped into the plugs, though they are flimsy, they look like they are in place. Looks like a visit to the stealers! Thanks anyway.

Livi
5th December 2009, 01:33 AM
We replace alot of the seat connectors (Blue and yellow ones) they seem to be the most common airbag light fault to date.

These are about 30 quid each lead (1 blue and 1 yellow) does 1 seat, so depends on what the TIS computer picks up (if it does) it should point out which seat is at fault.

Is it a Gen1 MINI?

lowrider
6th December 2009, 09:16 PM
yip gen 1. If it's a wiring fault I would suspect the passenger seat as it is the only one that's used to slide! (for rear access)

Livi
7th December 2009, 11:35 AM
Would be the first thing i would replace to see if the light goes out :thumbs up: