PDA

View Full Version : Digital TV - problems with reception.....

indigomatt
27th November 2009, 12:18 PM
Morning

My girlfriend and I are having trouble with free digital TV; we can pick up 70+ channels including BBC3, BBC4 and DAVE etc.....but NOT BBC1 & 2, well not at a watchable level, can’t even manage a good signal in analogue either.....

As I said everything else works wonderfully.....has anyone ideas or suggestions, whats a good booster for the aerial.....?

She rents Partick / Hyndland area of Glasgow.....is odd as all the other channels are fine.....

Been looking online ant it apears that Multiplex 1 is what we are not getting, is this any help.....?

Ta, Matthew

Colin
27th November 2009, 12:47 PM
I had a very similar problem, you have to watch how you connect other equipment to the same aerial. If you have other things like video recorders etc connected via the loop through connections this may be causing you a problem.
Things like video recorders use VHF signals on the output part of the loop through, that can and do mess up some of your multiplex's. This may be why you have lost BBC1 2 etc.

I would try plugging your aerial directly into the back of your freeview box/tv with nothing else connected in between.
Also before you do an auto rescan, unplug the aerial completely, do a rescan, this will clear all the saved channels. Then plug the aerial back in and rescan.

Hope this helps.

indigomatt
27th November 2009, 12:51 PM
Will try the switch off and unplug thing, theres nothing currently connected to the aerial, bar the TV.....!!!

Thanks, have a :beer: on me.....

Gismo
27th November 2009, 01:21 PM
What make of TV is it? LG's are inherently bad for your problem, also, try a different cable, a branded one if possible, not a home made one and also, if you can, try a different TV using the same cables and sockets etc see if you can replicate the problem

badwolf340
27th November 2009, 02:33 PM
sounds obvious but have you tryed to retune(freeview box ,or built into telly)

indigomatt
27th November 2009, 02:43 PM
TV is a Panasonic and an old Sony one beforehand.....

Using a free view box helps but not much.....

Have retuned a couple of times and works for a day or two the no signal.....

All is is a joke as can see the top of the BBC studios from the street corner :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Gismo
27th November 2009, 02:58 PM
Is the freeview built into the TV? if not, i would suggest another freeview box

indigomatt
27th November 2009, 03:00 PM
Is the freeview built into the TV? if not, i would suggest another freeview box

Have tried the one in the TV and a box.....much the same, 40/50 % signal so un-watchable.....

Colin
27th November 2009, 03:44 PM
Would also check the direction your aerial is facing.

You may find this handy LINK (http://www.ukfree.tv/transmitters.php)