PDA

View Full Version : Stop start function, not working...?

zimbo
26th November 2009, 11:13 PM
Anyone else with an R56 with stop start ever had a problem with it not doing what its supposed to do?

i.e mine should be stopping when ever I stop and put car into neutral and raise the clutch pedal unless I press the button to stop the function altogether which I have not done. And the only other times it wont work is if the car (interior)fan is on. But mine seems to have not worked for a couple of weeks if I remember correctly and thought I would see if any of you guys had this prob before I take it back to the garage to have it checked out.

:rolleyes:

GCA3N
27th November 2009, 12:21 AM
I know the stop start won't work if the aircon is on (sometimes) or the car is using alot of power obviously so the battery won't drain. It could be a battery issue or alternator worth checking both.

Bazthemod
27th November 2009, 01:02 AM
Its due to the colder outside temperature... mines has stopped kicking in as frequently too over past few weeks.

MINI William
27th November 2009, 09:17 AM
Experiancing the same thing zimbo. My stop start dosent work as often now and as baz said it's due to the colder weather

Delboy
27th November 2009, 09:53 AM
As above, I'm finding the same due to colder temperatures and having the heating/blower on full more of the time. The manual gives you some guidance on when the stop/start function doesn't operate.

zimbo
27th November 2009, 01:10 PM
DOH!! :rolleyes: Thanks guys, my car does'nt have A/C and I forgot about temperature drop would affect it as well!! Phewwwww.... :D

GCA3N
27th November 2009, 04:27 PM
It's in the manual hey, didn't read that, normally it's only woman that read the manuals (before your on my back girls it's what should happen) most men try (then fail) before going to seek the manual. Del did valerie tell you, or you admitting to reading the instructions first.:lol:

Delboy
27th November 2009, 04:39 PM
It's in the manual hey, didn't read that, normally it's only woman that read the manuals (before your on my back girls it's what should happen) most men try (then fail) before going to seek the manual. Del did valerie tell you, or you admitting to reading the instructions first.:lol:

I always read the manual, doesn't everyone :Whistle:?

The Dogfather
27th November 2009, 04:53 PM
I still haven't read either of my cars manuals, I did look up the hill start assist thing because it freaked me out the first time it happened.

GCA3N
27th November 2009, 04:58 PM
I still haven't read either of my cars manuals, I did look up the hill start assist thing because it freaked me out the first time it happened.

These things have hill start.....:eek:

Delboy
27th November 2009, 05:24 PM
These things have hill start.....:eek:

Only if you have the full DSC system, as it says in the manual :moonie:.

Stewart
27th November 2009, 05:40 PM
Blooming found out the Car played MP3 CD about six months after I bought the car, seen a picture of a Girls Dash when she was showing off her new car and asked her how did you get the song name up. :argh::argh:

so the CD went from 20 tracks to over 100 mp3 :thumbs up:

But my Stop-Start is doing the same.

GCA3N
27th November 2009, 06:00 PM
Blooming found out the Car played MP3 CD about six months after I bought the car, seen a picture of a Girls Dash when she was showing off her new car and asked her how did you get the song name up. :argh::argh:

so the CD went from 20 tracks to over 100 mp3 :thumbs up:

But my Stop-Start is doing the same.

It plays MP3's, I need to read the manual, what else does my car do, next thing you'll be telling me is I have a Turbo.;)