PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to.....

camjay
26th November 2009, 07:32 PM
Hi guys. This is probably on a thread within the forum, but I couldn't see it. What's the best way to clean inside your windows? I've tried everything, and I make a complete streaky mess every time. My windows are absolutely minging at the moment, but I'm loathe to touch them as I know I'll make them worse! TA :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
26th November 2009, 07:57 PM
Autoglym "Car Glass Polish (http://autoglym.co.uk/enGB/product-proddetail.asp?v06VQ=FE)" is the best stuff in the world IMHO for cleaning car windaes.:thumbs up:

A.:D

GCA3N
26th November 2009, 08:10 PM
Autoglym "Car Glass Polish (http://autoglym.co.uk/enGB/product-proddetail.asp?v06VQ=FE)" is the best stuff in the world IMHO for cleaning car windaes.:thumbs up:

A.:D

100% aggree, defo the best I've used too.:thumbs up:

Ian will be along soon to advise, think he's an AG's man too when it comes to the glass cleaner.

GP BILLY
26th November 2009, 08:17 PM
3 in a row for AUTOGLYM:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Scottie
26th November 2009, 08:41 PM
while autoglym is good

there are better

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/stoner-invisible-glass/prod_363.html

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stoner-Invisible-Glass-with-Rain-Repellent-for-Your-Car_W0QQitemZ370291273917QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&rvr_id=&cguid=adab3b2411e0a0aad237df27ff0f5491#ht_971wt_94 1

Mini Ecosse
26th November 2009, 09:44 PM
Autoglym :thumbs up:

Stewart
26th November 2009, 10:18 PM
I have AG Fast Glass and it does the trick.:thumbs up: sportless window without the polish dust.

camjay
26th November 2009, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the advice folks. Will get this sorted ASAP. Get rid of the stoor once and for all. Oh! and my pet hate - kids fingermarks where they've rubbed the windows - HATE THAT!!!!!

Craig
26th November 2009, 11:48 PM
yeah, can concur with all that has been said. I have AG Fast Glass and also AG Glass Polish. Both great products. :thumbs up:

GCA3N
27th November 2009, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the advice folks. Will get this sorted ASAP. Get rid of the stoor once and for all. Oh! and my pet hate - kids fingermarks where they've rubbed the windows - HATE THAT!!!!!

I remember Reading a poem is was about little finger prints and how the person hated them all over the place. One day they were gone no more little finger prints around the house (and car) and All they wished was to have them back again. It made me really think the time goes buy too quickly treasure them while you can. A bit soppy but who cares.

ianking
27th November 2009, 09:39 AM
I like AG for windows. Fast glass is fine if they are not too dirty but the AG glass polish is better for heavily soiled, I.E if the car is smoked in.

For my exterior glass I really like the megs glass cleaner (pro stuff not the halfords one). You get 4 litres and then dilute it down. Makes doing the outside very quick.

Delboy
27th November 2009, 09:50 AM
I have AG Fast Glass and it does the trick.:thumbs up: sportless window without the polish dust.

Me too :thumbs up:

zimbo
27th November 2009, 01:16 PM
:eek: you guys must be making too much money... I do my windows with good old Mr Muscle window cleaner and pieces of a newspaper and it works everytime :D (this is the poor persons method :yes nod:)

GCA3N
27th November 2009, 04:38 PM
:eek: you guys must be making too much money... I do my windows with good old Mr Muscle window cleaner and pieces of a newspaper and it works everytime :D (this is the poor persons method :yes nod:)

bottle of cheap vinegar also work well, but your car will smell like a chippie.

camjay
27th November 2009, 08:20 PM
I remember Reading a poem is was about little finger prints and how the person hated them all over the place. One day they were gone no more little finger prints around the house (and car) and All they wished was to have them back again. It made me really think the time goes buy too quickly treasure them while you can. A bit soppy but who cares.

That's ok, because when I get rid of the fingerprints in the car - there are loads on the glass doors around the house to remind me!!!:p