PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

GCA3N
23rd November 2009, 09:43 PM
Just wanted to share this with people incase anyone else has the same thing.

Got a call form my insurance company last week regarding the windsceen I had replaced in June. They stated that because of my claim on the insurance it had effected my premium for the year on both my mini and honda policies. I asked how much and she said a total of £41. She asked for the payment straight away, or it could be added to the monthly payments plus interest. I said that I was not paying and wanted to talk to someone about this. She stated that I would have to call another number she was in the fianance dept. I said fine and left it there.
So got a letter through this morning saying the same, so I contacted customer services and they stated that this would only have been aplicable to a normal claim, ie an accident etc but NEVER on a window claim. The girl scrapped the charge and appologised. I could have just said oh well and just paid it. Anyways just incase anyone else gets this, since there was a spat of windscreen accidents(or atleast there will be now:Whistle:)

Delboy
24th November 2009, 11:02 AM
Just as well you challenged it - bunch of chancers :frown:.

Stewart
24th November 2009, 05:19 PM
I'm reading this as my new screen is going in. They done that gel fix last week but it looked crap and i was not having the window looking like that paid too much for the car to be unhappy with a screen. Cost me my 75 quid excess but worth it.

Glad you got it sorted.

GCA3N
24th November 2009, 05:22 PM
I reading this as my new screen is going in. They done that gel fix last week but it looked crap and i was not having the window looking like that paid too much for the car to be unhappy with a screen. Cost me my 75 quid excess but worth it.

Glad you got it sorted.

I got the Gel fix done on my old cooper and was never happy with it, your supposed to be unable to see it, yeh right. Anyway glad you got it sorted mate.

Crombers
24th November 2009, 06:09 PM
Mine is perfect :yes nod:

Craig
24th November 2009, 06:16 PM
bunch of chancing gits..!! :argh: As if we don't pay enough for insurance in this country they are trying to con us out of more money... If they put as much effort into catching the un-insured and prosecuting them, then we might not have such high premiums.. :ragin::ragin:

<and relax..... :shut up:;)>

Crombers
25th November 2009, 09:50 AM
bunch of chancing gits..!! :argh: As if we don't pay enough for insurance in this country they are trying to con us out of more money... If they put as much effort into catching the un-insured and prosecuting them, then we might not have such high premiums.. :ragin::ragin:

<and relax..... :shut up:;)>

Have a seat :yes nod: