PDA

View Full Version : One Touch window closing...

KenL
22nd November 2009, 06:12 PM
My 09 Cooper S has stopped closing the window with one touch on the driver's side only. Unless I am imagining that it used to work :rolleyes:

The passenger side still works but I can only close the driver's window if I hold up the button.

It still fully opens with a swift press down.

Anyone else had this happen? Any clues as to what the problem could be? I doubt I would put it into the garage for this so would be nice if I could do a fix myself.

N16SHP
22nd November 2009, 06:13 PM
My R56 Cooper S does that but on the passenger side, both passenger and driver go down with one push, but only the driver goes back up with one push. I thought it was just something to do with the driver window and passanger window being different, possibly not...

KenL
22nd November 2009, 06:33 PM
My R56 Cooper S does that but on the passenger side, both passenger and driver go down with one push, but only the driver goes back up with one push. I thought it was just something to do with the driver window and passanger window being different, possibly not...

Thanks, when was your's built?

My 56 plate Cooper only did auto-down, not auto-up. This October 08 built car does (or did do) one touch up on both sides. It defo still does auto-up on the passenger side.

Livi
22nd November 2009, 07:42 PM
i think that might be the way it is Ken

Most MINI's in the work i have used the drivers one went up and down auto but the passengers went down auto but not up :thumbs up:

KenL
22nd November 2009, 08:17 PM
i think that might be the way it is Ken

Most MINI's in the work i have used the drivers one went up and down auto but the passengers went down auto but not up :thumbs up:

...but my passenger does go up/down, its the driver side that is only going down.

GCA3N
22nd November 2009, 09:37 PM
Ken I have a 2008 cooper s and both windows have auto up and down. I have heard of this before and you have to do a reset on the window. Think this involves putting the window Down and holding the switch down for about 15 secs that should sort it. Defo should auto up and down on both sides though.

Big Gordy
23rd November 2009, 02:10 PM

...but my passenger does go up/down, its the driver side that is only going down.

You must have a left hand drive one Ken:Whistle:

koolsville
23rd November 2009, 03:53 PM
I've found that the auto up and down only works when the engine is running. Otherwise I have to hold the button. (That's for both driver and passenger sides).

GCA3N
23rd November 2009, 05:31 PM
I've found that the auto up and down only works when the engine is running. Otherwise I have to hold the button. (That's for both driver and passenger sides).

Remember this is the new shaped ones mate they'll probably work totally different from yours.

KenL
23rd November 2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks for everyone's advice.

I am sure it used to work. Will try the resetting thing.

If that doesn't work, is dis-connecting the battery worth a try? Can I mess anything up doing that?

GCA3N
23rd November 2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks for everyone's advice.

I am sure it used to work. Will try the resetting thing.

If that doesn't work, is dis-connecting the battery worth a try? Can I mess anything up doing that?

Don't think that would make a difference to be honest Ken, if you take it into the dealership they'll do the reset on the window if you can't get it to reset. I had the same thing Ken but it also never went down and up (5mm or so) when the door opens and closes. They reset it and it was fine, did not aket long.

KenL
23rd November 2009, 08:29 PM
Ken I have a 2008 cooper s and both windows have auto up and down. I have heard of this before and you have to do a reset on the window. Think this involves putting the window Down and holding the switch down for about 15 secs that should sort it. Defo should auto up and down on both sides though.

Genius :thumbs up: It worked :yes nod:

Thanks ;)

GCA3N
23rd November 2009, 08:42 PM
Glad to be of assistance Ken.:thumbs up: