PDA

View Full Version : New Iphone User

MINI William
22nd November 2009, 06:08 PM
Well finaly bite the bullet and got an Iphone 3GS.My Nokia N82 gave up the ghost the other week but couldent decide what phone I wanted but while in cameron Toll today got looking at one and after I discovered that the bluetooth would work int he car I decided to get one.

What a great phone:yes nod:

Gismo
22nd November 2009, 06:33 PM
What a great phone:yes nod:Agreed :thumbs up:

Delboy
22nd November 2009, 07:11 PM
Just bought my wife the 3GS this week as an early Christmas present - it is awesome :yes nod:. Got it all set up for her and she's hardly put it down :rolleyes:.

I'm so jealous but need to wait until my current contract is up in another 5 months :sad:.

Enjoy your new iPhone Mini William :thumbs up:.

MINI William
22nd November 2009, 07:19 PM
Just bought my wife the 3GS this week as an early Christmas present - it is awesome :yes nod:. Got it all set up for her and she's hardly put it down :rolleyes:.

I'm so jealous but need to wait until my current contract is up in another 5 months :sad:.

Enjoy your new iPhone Mini William :thumbs up:.

Thanks Del :thumbs up:.Mine is an early christmas present aswell :clap:

The Dogfather
22nd November 2009, 07:45 PM
Played with both the 3GS and Android devices at work, I have to say that whilst the iphone is very slick its customisability is limited. I had a straight choice between the iphone and the Motorola Dext and the Dext won. Next years Moto Droid will be better still.

GCA3N
22nd November 2009, 09:41 PM
Well done dude I love my 3gs it's the best purchase I have made in ages. It's so much quicker that the 3G.

Ferengo
22nd November 2009, 11:00 PM
Thanks Del :thumbs up:.Mine is an early christmas present aswell :clap:

Well I had a bad day on saturday.

1st off I had to get up at 5am to drive to Glasgow to play Ice Hockey.

2nd we played great but lost in the last 5 mins.

3rd just outside the road works near glasgow my engine warning light came on.

4th I spent 30 mins on the hard shoulder trying to find someone who knew if it were safe to drive home. Couldn't get through to Mini roadside as it wouldn't recognise the buttons on my Samsung touch screen.

5th just outside Dundee I got stuck in traffic (Really needed to pee by this point) and had to take a 45 min detour.

So to cheer myself up I went and bit the bullet to. Got a 32GB iPhone on Orange. Been playing wolfenstein on it :D. Great phone but I have no idea what I'm doing App wise :confused:. I still have until July left on my contract (Mad I know) but my Mum bought the contract from me for her phone so I can sell my Samsung Jet :thumbs up:

Also My wife isn't happy. She knocked her phone into a glass of orange juice and has had to go back to her old one for 21 days as I didn't know you had to register your phone on the RBS insurance.

Stewart
22nd November 2009, 11:37 PM
When you see one in full flow, you realise just how good these things are. My mate programs his sky+ with his, uses it as a sat Nav, browses the net in a readable and very usable fashion. He’s got apps for everything some very helpful and some just great fun.

Now my Nokia E63 is very clunky and awkward on the net, in fact it’s down right appalling. Mate is a few taps for example from live football results or weather, flight arrivals for example while my phone loads up and can take two or three minutes to get any info out and is a complete pain to work.

Its my next phone next year after my contract is up.

rpn
23rd November 2009, 12:50 PM
Can't really fault the iPhone. I'm posting this reply with it sitting in a cafe in Nicosia. However, not with the O2 SIM but a local Cyprus SIM, a lot cheaper! Going to walk over to the Turkish side later!

MINI William
23rd November 2009, 08:26 PM
Only thing I cant find out how todo on the iPhone is to zoom in while taking a picture or how I can use a ringtone from my old phone as my ringtone on my iPhone.Can anyone help?

GCA3N
23rd November 2009, 09:03 PM
Only thing I cant find out how todo on the iPhone is to zoom in while taking a picture or how I can use a ringtone from my old phone as my ringtone on my iPhone.Can anyone help?

I can show you how to make any song on your iTunes library into a ring tone if u want to call me. I'll pm u my mob num if you want me to talk it through with you.

As far as camera zoom you'll need to download camera zoom to allow you too zoom in and out.

GCA3N
23rd November 2009, 09:27 PM
Ok i have written how to do this hope this works ok.

Prior to starting know the song you want and what part of it you want to use as a ring tone. e.g if the song is 3 mins you might want 40 secs to 70 secs as your ring tone. I suggest no longer than 30 secs or this sometimes won’t work.

Select the song you want to use as a ring tone.
Right click on it and select get info.
tick the start and stop boxes and enter your start and stop time eg 0:40 & 1:10 then click ok
now right click on the same track and select create ACC version.
The new song should appear directly above the original track in your itunes library.
Now select the new tract (ACC version) right click and select show in windows explorer.
Windows will now open up another window with you song.
now you have to change the name of the file by right clicking then rename, then change the end of it from m4a to m4r.
ok now drag the file and drop it onto the top left hand corner of the itunes page where the ring tones folder is (it will highlight and put a box around the whole library section i.e. music/movies/TV shows/podcast / ring tones)
Go into ringtones now on your itunes library and the song will now be there.
Before you sink you ipod and get your new ring tone. Find the original song you made and de-select the start and stop boxes (so the song will play in full) and delete the created ACC song directly above it.
Now sink you iphone / ipod and you will have this as a ring tone now.

Any probs PM me and I can talk it through. I love this as it basically is limitless to what ring tone you want.:thumbs up:

MINI William
24th November 2009, 10:32 AM
I can show you how to make any song on your iTunes library into a ring tone if u want to call me. I'll pm u my mob num if you want me to talk it through with you.

As far as camera zoom you'll need to download camera zoom to allow you too zoom in and out.

Prior to starting know the song you want and what part of it you want to use as a ring tone. e.g if the song is 3 mins you might want 40 secs to 70 secs as your ring tone. I suggest no longer than 30 secs or this sometimes won’t work.

tick the start and stop boxes and enter your start and stop time eg 0:40 & 1:10 then click ok
The new song should appear directly above the original track in your itunes library.
Now select the new tract (ACC version) right click and select show in windows explorer.
now you have to change the name of the file by right clicking then rename, then change the end of it from m4a to m4r.
ok now drag the file and drop it onto the top left hand corner of the itunes page where the ring tones folder is (it will highlight and put a box around the whole library section i.e. music/movies/TV shows/podcast / ring tones)
Before you sink you ipod and get your new ring tone. Find the original song you made and de-select the start and stop boxes (so the song will play in full) and delete the created ACC song directly above it.

Any probs PM me and I can talk it through. I love this as it basically is limitless to what ring tone you want.:thumbs up:

Thanks Greig :thumbs up:.Im off work today so will have a play about in a bit with it in a bit

joec73
24th November 2009, 02:19 PM
Try iringer.net to do the ringtones

Bazthemod
24th November 2009, 02:48 PM
Or you can buy a ringtone from itunes for 99p ... i prefer that approach as im lazy ;):p

MINI William
24th November 2009, 03:51 PM

Cant seem to change it from a m4a to a m4r :ragin:

MINI William
24th November 2009, 04:23 PM
Worked it out now :thumbs up:

GCA3N
24th November 2009, 05:19 PM
Or you can buy a ringtone from itunes for 99p ... i prefer that approach as im lazy ;):p

WHAT! the whole process takes about 1 minute to do (once you've practiced a couple of times.) I buy all my music from itunes, sure ain't paying for a ringtone for the same song as I bought, try it Baz it's easy.

GCA3N
24th November 2009, 05:20 PM
Worked it out now :thumbs up:

Excellent!:thumbs up:

MINI William
24th November 2009, 05:45 PM
WHAT! the whole process takes about 1 minute to do (once you've practiced a couple of times.) I buy all my music from itunes, sure ain't paying for a ringtone for the same song as I bought, try it Baz it's easy.

Got to say Baz Greig is right its a piece of P!ss when you know how :yes nod:

Bazthemod
24th November 2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah its easy enough i know... i make my own ringtones in garageband ... just saying i dont mind hitting buy and having it done for me :smilewinkgrin:

Not that i ever change my ringtone from Green Onions anyway.... mon the mods! ;):cool:

doogz__
26th November 2009, 10:29 AM
My 6 month old Blackberry 8900 is away back to be repaired, the trackball is gubbed, so i'm using Laura's old I-Phone til i get my BB back.

I forgot how good they are, i really want a 3GS but i'm stuck with the 8900 for a while now :(

GP BILLY
26th November 2009, 11:43 AM
Got a 3gs about 2 weeks ago great phone:thumbs up: (and i didn't like touch screen phones)