PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation

The Dogfather
21st November 2009, 11:34 PM

Craig
22nd November 2009, 01:07 PM
Paul,

I've stayed in the Holiday Inn Express which is just off the A9 (next to the retail park off the Nairn Road) and it was really good. Has it's own bar and you can get snacks etc in reception. Also a restaurant next door which I found to do good food (although Fi says it can be hit or miss...) :thumbs up:

as for Stirling, I would say the Premier Inn at Pirnhall is best of the Travel inn style... The travelodge at the services isn't great and the Holiday Inn Express down by Springkerse is very noisy with the road right next door... ;)

Rooms could be available at chateau davies if I get the green light from Mrs D.. :Whistle::yes nod:

Scottie
22nd November 2009, 03:29 PM
Craig, the holiday inn @ Inverness is £80 whereas the Travel Lodge is £29 if you book it now :eek:

you have the premier inn right at the back of the holiday inn

Stewart
22nd November 2009, 04:47 PM
http://www.agoda.co.uk/europe/united_kingdom/inverness/premier_inn_inverness_centre_hotel.html

Its £56 I think in here, were is the £29 one? I just want parking :blush:

be good if we were all close by.

Stewart
22nd November 2009, 07:22 PM
"Travelodge car park has 80 spaces free of charge, available"

That’s looks spot on, plenty of parking and good clean rooms and is on our road for the next day and at at £29 :thumbs up:

Are we passing Culloden the next day?

Stewart
22nd November 2009, 08:21 PM
I had a quick look and surly its not £10 to visit The Memorial Cairn, that in my opinion is a right if your Scottish although jokingly you could charge the English members of our group;)

Looks like we have the usual Visitor Centre and usual silly season price. Dont know never been:frown: looks like a charge for parking as well.....but we can drive past it as its on route.

Stewart
27th November 2009, 02:48 PM
The Memorial Cairn

The centre opens at 10.00 am during winter months and the main car park will not be open until 9.00 am. If you are visiting earlier there is space for 15 - 20 cars at the entrance to the site. There is no charge for parking here.

Hope you enjoy your holiday

Kind Regards

Deirdre Smyth