PDA

View Full Version : Why don't people do what they say...!

Craig
19th November 2009, 08:03 PM
My car went into Eastern on Tuesday night to get a few issues looked at. They said they had the car booked in for 2 days and that they would keep me updated as to what they found and also when I would get the car back.

Wednesday night, no call so I took it that they were still investigating - no big problem. ;)

Gets to about 14:00hrs today and still no update as to what they have been doing, what they have or are replacing etc etc, so I called for an update. Get told that he doesn't really know what they are doing, but he will give me a call back in a couple of hours...

I wait and wait, no call so by 17:00hrs I called to ask what was happening as the loan car was only booked out til 17:30hrs and I was 30mins drive from them. Couldn't speak to anyone in service dept so was told someone would call me back. Well at 17:15hrs I got a call to say that the car was out for it's final test drive and that once the car was back, he would call me with an update, but to just keep the loan car til tomorrow.

Guess what ? aye, thats right no call.... :frown: So I have no idea if I am getting my car back tomorrow, or what/if they have had to replace any parts in the 2 days they have had it...:rolleyes:

ah well, tomorrow is another day... :lol: Ever think I shouldn't buy MINI's or take them to a dealer... :rolleyes::laugh:

GCA3N
19th November 2009, 08:26 PM
Thought on a new addition to the main forums

"Craig's weekly Mini hastles"

gutted again for you, think it's time to re-think your car situation. Can you remember a time when you had a car that never caused you any problems.

When I put my car in origonally to get the diesel rattle done, I dropped it off at the garage and went offshore not picking the car up for 18 days.

When I called them about 12 days into my trip they said the car was getting worked on tomorrow. I said what about the mark on the door and the girl said I don't know about that. Anyway picked the car up, girl at the desk said "oh yours is the car getting the door repair" I said "yes and the engine fault too", she looked puzzled and said "oh yes that too". When i went and looked at the car the mark on the door had not been touched. It's like you say Craig you just want them to do what they say they'll do.

Livi
19th November 2009, 08:30 PM
To be honest, its unfair to customers like you whats happening with your car, i know every dealer aint perfect, and to say that "he doesn't really know what they are doing" kinda makes me a bit spiffed that not one technician knows what they are doing?

they would need to authorise parts being ordered before actually being sent to the warehouse to be picked for VOR/DSO

unless is there an extended or AUC warranty in place?

Forbes
19th November 2009, 08:39 PM
They do have the correct phone number for you Craig? I know I had that problem with JCs

GCA3N
19th November 2009, 08:40 PM
To be honest, its unfair to customers like you whats happening with your car, i know every dealer aint perfect, and to say that "he doesn't really know what they are doing" kinda makes me a bit spiffed that not one technician knows what they are doing?

they would need to authorise parts being ordered before actually being sent to the warehouse to be picked for VOR/DSO

Don't think you should take it personally I think craig just wants to be kept in the loop. That's really what everyone wants when the cars in getting stuff done, well it's what I want anyway. If the garage are having problems just need to say or if they tell you they'll call back then CALL back it bugs me. What I tend to do now is always say if I haven't heard anything by a certain time I'll call back.

Craig
19th November 2009, 08:46 PM

David,

sorry you may have picked me up wrong... I asked the service advisor as to what they were doing on my car and he said "I don't know what they are doing to it"....

The car does have a Cherished warranty on it til Jul of next year which is why I am trying to get all the niggles/issues sorted out. . I also asked to be contacted before they had to spend any money on the car that wasn't covered by the warranty... ;)

Ben - they have my number as I got a call back on it at 17:15hrs tonight

Scottie
19th November 2009, 08:48 PM
sorry hear your not happy with the dealer. What was you car in for anyway??

Hopefully it comes back all sorted.

L13ARG
19th November 2009, 09:42 PM
And thats why i couldnt work in a main dealership again . I like having personal touch with customers all that is lost in nearly all dealerships. When somebody tells you they will phone back or they will get somebody else to phone they should. My rant of the day

Craig
19th November 2009, 09:52 PM
sorry hear your not happy with the dealer. What was you car in for anyway??

Hopefully it comes back all sorted.

since the car had it's clutch and gearbox replaced, there has been a rubbing noise whilst moving the car slowly (normally parking). It is not the CV boots and from other info, sounds like the diff...

Also since the change of clutch and gearbox, they didn't get all the air out of the coolant system and it sounds like a water feature behind the dash... :rolleyes: I have had the car pressure tested (thanks Mr Noble :thumbs up:) so it's not a leak, but just a lack of bleeding the air out of the system properly. ;)

The last is the one I don't think they will fix as it is very intermittent and that is the diesel noise which Tony J says was tensioner belts that caused the problem. I will understand if they don't fix this as it has only happened 4 times in a month with me... :thumbs up: It sounds like there is a blow in the manifold or not enough oil getting to the top of the engine... :rolleyes:

GCA3N
19th November 2009, 09:59 PM
since the car had it's clutch and gearbox replaced, there has been a rubbing noise whilst moving the car slowly (normally parking). It is not the CV boots and from other info, sounds like the diff...

Also since the change of clutch and gearbox, they didn't get all the air out of the coolant system and it sounds like a water feature behind the dash... :rolleyes: I have had the car pressure tested (thanks Mr Noble :thumbs up:) so it's not a leak, but just a lack of bleeding the air out of the system properly. ;)

The last is the one I don't think they will fix as it is very intermittent and that is the diesel noise which Tony J says was tensioner belts that caused the problem. I will understand if they don't fix this as it has only happened 4 times in a month with me... :thumbs up: It sounds like there is a blow in the manifold or not enough oil getting to the top of the engine... :rolleyes:

Apart from that everything else is ok

Craig
19th November 2009, 10:03 PM
Apart from that everything else is ok

oh aye.... wouldn't change the car for any money... :thumbs up::thumbs up: (that was just for Crombers... :yes nod::yes nod::lol:)

I have an afliction called "cannaehaveanothercarbutamini" :Whistle:

GCA3N
19th November 2009, 10:16 PM
oh aye.... wouldn't change the car for any money... :thumbs up::thumbs up: (that was just for Crombers... :yes nod::yes nod::lol:)

Good on you

Crombers
20th November 2009, 05:52 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmm, now let me just check back on previous here ........... :rolleyes:

I'll start the bidding , £10 it's traded by end Jul 2010 :yes nod:

Learn to luv yer MINI mate & accept that NO car is perfect :rolleyes: :Whistle:

Crombers
20th November 2009, 05:58 PM

Buy a Fiat Punto mate & all your 'ills' will be cured :yes nod: :D

GCA3N
20th November 2009, 06:05 PM
I'll start the bidding , £10 it's traded by end Jul 2010 :yes nod:

:Whistle:

i'll take that bet £10 he still has it in Aug 2010.

don't let me down craig, there's a fiver in it for you.

Mini Ecosse
20th November 2009, 08:06 PM
One things for sure, I will never ask Craiag to come and look at a car with me. The kiss of death!:lol::lol::lol:

Craig
20th November 2009, 10:26 PM
One things for sure, I will never ask Craiag to come and look at a car with me. The kiss of death!:lol::lol::lol:

thats alright, my name is Craig... :lol: an don't worry it ain't catching, I have looked at loads of cars for others and they have been fine... but once the V5C has my name on it, it's doomed I tell ya.. :yes nod::lol:

Craig
20th November 2009, 10:29 PM
Well, had an interesting conversation with them today.... They told me by car doesn't have an LSD... :rolleyes: I told him that that was impossible and that it came with the car... They then told me that they had checked the car and there was no LSD...

I said that they changed the clutch and gearbox in Aug and that it should be there...

Anyway, the upshot is the car is still with them. They are clearing the air lock in the cooling system, replacing the drivers seat runners due to them being faulty and they say they have fixed the rattle from the engine. ;)

They are still trying to work out if the car has or has not the LSD and if not, where it has gone to... :lol: Plus the guy thought my car was Laser Blue, til I told him that was 3 cars ago... :clap:

anyway time for another :beer:

GCA3N
20th November 2009, 10:50 PM
Well, had an interesting conversation with them today.... They told me by car doesn't have an LSD... :rolleyes: I told him that that was impossible and that it came with the car... They then told me that they had checked the car and there was no LSD...

I said that they changed the clutch and gearbox in Aug and that it should be there...

Anyway, the upshot is the car is still with them. They are clearing the air lock in the cooling system, replacing the drivers seat runners due to them being faulty and they say they have fixed the rattle from the engine. ;)

They are still trying to work out if the car has or has not the LSD and if not, where it has gone to... :lol: Plus the guy thought my car was Laser Blue, til I told him that was 3 cars ago... :clap:

anyway time for another :beer:

think it should be :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Stewart
21st November 2009, 03:45 PM
Sorry to read about your troubles, hope you get the car back fixed soon. Think its about time the Dealer took better care of you, after all its not just the one problem or first time its been in. :rolleyes:

It really only takes one person in the dealership to take an interest and take ownership and you feel much better but this sound like its being passed about.

Gismo
21st November 2009, 04:20 PM
Can't believe they don't know if it has an LSD or not :thud:

Craig
21st November 2009, 04:51 PM
well, they found the LSD and topped up the oil.... that problem sorted. :rolleyes::yes nod:

only problem still to be sorted is the driver seat runners. They are not in stock and may not be available til middle of next week so they are going to phone me on Monday to see if I have to bring the car back on Monday or keep it til this is sorted. It's a 70 mile round trip to take the car back, so don't really want to do it twice in a week.. :rolleyes:;)

like you Alan - can't believe they didn't know it had an LSD.. :confused:

Just Jade
22nd November 2009, 06:59 PM
Craig, I've just read this whole thread and noticed you had a problem with an air lock in your coolant ? I had a problem with mine, was having to top it up every couple of days but no sign of a leak. Then one day I opened the bonnet to top it up and there was blue coolant showing in the tank (it had been clear for days because I had been topping it up with water). It was fine for a week or so, but now its playing up again and I'm having to top it up all the time. Was this the symptoms of your problem and do you think I might have an air lock in mine?

Craig
22nd November 2009, 08:43 PM
Craig, I've just read this whole thread and noticed you had a problem with an air lock in your coolant ? I had a problem with mine, was having to top it up every couple of days but no sign of a leak. Then one day I opened the bonnet to top it up and there was blue coolant showing in the tank (it had been clear for days because I had been topping it up with water). It was fine for a week or so, but now its playing up again and I'm having to top it up all the time. Was this the symptoms of your problem and do you think I might have an air lock in mine?

My issue was a sound of rushing water on the passenger side of the car just after starting the car...

yours sounds more like it's loosing coolant. I would say get the system pressure tested, this will show if you have a leak... :thumbs up:

Craig
23rd November 2009, 09:47 PM
Well, got a call today to say that they should have the seat runners tomorrow, so maybe get my car back tomorrow night... Thats only been 7 days... :eek:;)

GCA3N
23rd November 2009, 09:50 PM
Well, got a call today to say that they should have the seat runners tomorrow, so maybe get my car back tomorrow night... Thats only been 7 days... :eek:;)

That's not too bad:Whistle:, just ask Del.:rolleyes:

Craig
23rd November 2009, 09:55 PM
That's not too bad:Whistle:, just ask Del.:rolleyes:

aye, but they already had it in for 8 days in Aug... :thud::Whistle:

GCA3N
23rd November 2009, 09:59 PM
aye, but they already had it in for 8 days in Aug... :thud::Whistle:

Your reputation preceeds you. Your too nice, lay down some smack Craig!:smilewinkgrin::lol:

Craig
23rd November 2009, 10:18 PM
Your reputation preceeds you. Your too nice, lay down some smack Craig!:smilewinkgrin::lol:

:lol: I have to remember who my employer is... :rolleyes::clap: although I think I have been very nice.. :yes nod:

Delboy
24th November 2009, 10:58 AM

Hope you get it back ok - there's nothing worse than waiting to get your car back :argh:. Every day you think "maybe it'll be today" - it's mental torture!

Craig
25th November 2009, 10:22 PM
well, finally got my car back today...

Problems all fixed (or so it seems, but it was a monsoon on the way home..:rolleyes:)

New Thermostat fitted and coolant drained and re-pressurised
New drivers seat runners fitted (after they got the right ones..:lol:)
Diff topped up with oil
Engine checked over for rattle and more oil added

Only thing that annoys me slightly is that they charged me for 3 days loan car (£34.50) and that I gave them the car with half a tank of fuel and got it back with 27 miles left in the tank. :frown: This meant, rather than coming straight home, I had to go into the Esso station at Newbridge during rush hour and in a monsoon to put some fuel in.. :rolleyes: I would have thought that the loan car would have been covered by the warranty considering that there were faulty parts and that they had my car for 8 days.. :shut up:

ianking
25th November 2009, 10:37 PM
Did you have a decent loan car this time?

GCA3N
25th November 2009, 10:51 PM
well, finally got my car back today...

Problems all fixed (or so it seems, but it was a monsoon on the way home..:rolleyes:)

New Thermostat fitted and coolant drained and re-pressurised
New drivers seat runners fitted (after they got the right ones..:lol:)
Diff topped up with oil
Engine checked over for rattle and more oil added

Only thing that annoys me slightly is that they charged me for 3 days loan car (£34.50) and that I gave them the car with half a tank of fuel and got it back with 27 miles left in the tank. :frown: This meant, rather than coming straight home, I had to go into the Esso station at Newbridge during rush hour and in a monsoon to put some fuel in.. :rolleyes: I would have thought that the loan car would have been covered by the warranty considering that there were faulty parts and that they had my car for 8 days.. :shut up:

Nice one Craig, glad you got it back mate. Think the courtesy car thing is crap and the petrol issue a joke, atleast you have it back.

minimad
26th November 2009, 12:10 AM
hi craig did they say engine rattle was lack of oil:confused:

Craig
26th November 2009, 08:47 AM
Did you have a decent loan car this time?

Nope... :frown: still a 1 series, and this time a 116D with nothing in it, not even a cup holder... :rolleyes:

Craig
26th November 2009, 08:49 AM
hi craig did they say engine rattle was lack of oil:confused:

yeah, they said the rattle was cos of a lack of oil. Funny that, cos less than 2k miles ago they replaced the clutch and gearbox and replaced the oil at that point, so either THEY didn't put enough oil in, or my car is using a serious amount of oil... Will keep an eye on it tho... ;)

ianking
26th November 2009, 09:21 AM
yeah, they said the rattle was cos of a lack of oil. Funny that, cos less than 2k miles ago they replaced the clutch and gearbox and replaced the oil at that point, so either THEY didn't put enough oil in, or my car is using a serious amount of oil... Will keep an eye on it tho... ;)

but you dont need to drain the engine oil when changing gearbox / clutch. Only the box oil needs to come out.

Gismo
26th November 2009, 10:17 AM
but you dont need to drain the engine oil when changing gearbox / clutch. Only the box oil needs to come out.It was the gearbox they topped up :Whistle:

ianking
26th November 2009, 02:04 PM
but 'minimad' asked if engine rattle was lack of oil. Engine rattle wouldnt come from gear box. :p

Craig
26th November 2009, 02:34 PM
but 'minimad' asked if engine rattle was lack of oil. Engine rattle wouldnt come from gear box. :p

for the avoidance of doubt, I know that when you change the clutch and gearbox, you don't deal with the engine oil :rolleyes: I think I said that they changed the engine oil also... ;)

Craig
26th November 2009, 02:36 PM
having driven the car to work today, it is like a different car... very responsive and no problems.. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

I went out at lunchtime to get some go go juice and it looks like they have taken off my number plate and stuck it back on. It is not in the middle of the bumper and it's squint, plus it has been moved further up the bumper... :argh::argh: Why oh why did they touch it.! :ragin: Now I will need to take it off and put it back on properly... :rolleyes:

Stewart
26th November 2009, 03:12 PM
Why would the plate come off? Glad the car is back and fixed. I hate leaving my car with anyone.