PDA

View Full Version : Time For Football To Clean Up It's Act

Gismo
18th November 2009, 11:12 PM
That's it from me, i'd have argued for never allowing video assistance in football matches, but the 2 most blatant acts of cheating this year have convinced me that now is the time to halt these cheats.

Eduardo was the first against Celtic, but, Thierry Henry's blatant handball for France against Ireland just shows how prevalent cheating has crippled the game.
These so called super stars care not a jot about the games reputation and the win at all costs has gone way too far.

When you consider that Ireland will most probably not qualify for the world cup finals next year brings it home.

I certainly hope that Ireland get some justice in the 2nd half of extra time

Craig
19th November 2009, 12:18 AM
I always refer to Football now as CheaterBall... :frown:

it's got more to do with conning the referee than actually playing the game. The penalty for cheating should be bigger and managers should be clamping down on it rather than encouraging it.. :argh:

I feel for teams who are "cheated" out of a result... :ragin: I am not really a football fan, but I do like to watch big sporting occasions and this just makes me want to switch off.. :frown:

Video referees works in other forms of sport, so why not football... :thumbs up:

john
19th November 2009, 01:42 AM
Ok I'm not watching another match!

euan
19th November 2009, 09:17 AM
It's shocking, it really is. One of the worst things I've seen for dishonesty, and from a player like Henry as well, I just hope he gets banned for it.

GCA3N
19th November 2009, 10:22 AM
It's shocking, it really is. One of the worst things I've seen for dishonesty, and from a player like Henry as well, I just hope he gets banned for it.

Problem is you would need to ban the majority of footballers in the world certainly most of the man u and cheslea team. Your right that something needs to get done, it's just endemic of the society we live in today. Until the football authorities clamp down big style and make the punishment suitable it will go on. Football is in a bad state just now how long will it be before we revolt against there unethical wages.

Crombers
19th November 2009, 04:16 PM
Absolutley, & that offside against Cadette back in 96/97 at Ibrox was outrageous :thud:

Wait ................ that was a linesman ('Brother' Smith from Larkhall)
.............. but it was still cheating :rolleyes: :Whistle:

(In all honesty I'm also getting kinda hacked off with cheating in footy just now. I'm actually watching a lot of 'club' Rugby just now & it's the real deal :clap:)

GCA3N
19th November 2009, 04:21 PM
Absolutley, & that offside against Cadette back in 96/97 at Ibrox was outrageous :thud:

Wait ................ that was a linesman ('Brother' Smith from Larkhall)
.............. but it was still cheating :rolleyes: :Whistle:

You have some memory.

john
19th November 2009, 05:22 PM
You have some memory.

You think thats good?

I hate football but I remember 1966 like it was yesterday:ragin:
After being constantly reminded of it!!!!!

HAHAHHA I have just reminded everyone too:moonie:

GCA3N
19th November 2009, 05:41 PM
You think thats good?

I hate football but I remember 1966 like it was yesterday:ragin:
After being constantly reminded of it!!!!!

HAHAHHA I have just reminded everyone too:moonie:

Yeh kinda hard to forget it like you say the English commentators manage to drop into every converation.

I remember watching the world cup a few years ago, and England I think lost their first game, the commentators made a comment that the result might work in englands favour as it would mean that they wouldn't meet Brazil till the final, I mean come on!

euan
19th November 2009, 09:09 PM
Yeh kinda hard to forget it like you say the English commentators manage to drop into every converation.

I remember watching the world cup a few years ago, and England I think lost their first game, the commentators made a comment that the result might work in englands favour as it would mean that they wouldn't meet Brazil till the final, I mean come on!

Yeah, but it's more fun when they don't ;-)

They missed a chance with Eduardo this season - if they had stuck with his ban I think players would have started to do it less (not stop it, but less).

Gismo
19th November 2009, 10:34 PM
They missed a chance with Eduardo this season - if they had stuck with his ban I think players would have started to do it less (not stop it, but less).The Eduardo incident was a disgrace to the paying public, we pay good money to watch these fannies prance about and to rescind his ban was nothing short of a cop out :ragin:

Gismo
20th November 2009, 10:37 AM
At least the press are having a field day with the cheating Henry's face splattered all over every paper and including the French ones.

Calls for a replay are rolling along but i doubt that will happen

GCA3N
20th November 2009, 11:33 AM
The Eduardo incident was a disgrace to the paying public, we pay good money to watch these fannies prance about and to rescind his ban was nothing short of a cop out :ragin:

Language Timothy.;)