PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations?

Sheilz
17th November 2009, 09:25 PM
Am wanting to buy snow foam and lancer for a birthday pressie. I don't think Darren has a pressure washer (though he could always come round and use my one :Whistle::Whistle::Whistle: ) First question do you need a pressure washer for it be of any use? and second any particular one/brand better than the other?
Cheers

ianking
18th November 2009, 09:52 AM
you do need a pressure washer.
The make of the washer will determine which connector you need for the foam lance.

Check out www.polishedbliss.co.uk (http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk)

they also do a foam gun, 'gilmour foam gun' that works from a normal hose and gives a reasonable blanket of foam (i used to have a gilmour lance before I got the one opperated from the pressure washer)

Stewart
18th November 2009, 11:06 AM
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-lance-various-fittings/prod_371.html

Heavy Duty Foam Lance, PB are great but you can get it cheeper.

I actually have both the HD Foam lance and the Gil. But for a proper foam you need the Heavy Duty Foam Lance and the right fitment for your p-washer. Polishbliss is a great stire for info but I always find on most products there a good few pounds dearer than any other site.

I have spent probably £40 at P-Bliss and going on £200-300 Clean your Car, and you get the items fast, just bought some Wax there and got a freebie replacement bottle for my lance as after 18 months I dropped it and it broke the top plastic.:argh:

Great service.

You need foam as well although Megs Hyperwash does a good job and can go in your bucket as well.

ianking
18th November 2009, 11:12 AM
Sometimes it worth paying the extra from polished bliss though as they are happy to spend time on the phone going through things and giving advice.

Also if some thing you bought from them goes wrong or such they are only too happy to sort things out.
I put most of my orders into them if they stock it and i normally get it next day or day after.

Sheilz
19th November 2009, 12:59 AM
Ok thanks. :thumbs up: Got Kracher which I think is fairly common so will get him one for that. I guess he can practice using it on Dougall ;):D

k3ith
4th December 2009, 11:17 PM
The foaming lances are cracking use the correct dilution and it works a treat, never used the gilmour before though.