PDA

View Full Version : truck just killed the windscreen with a huge bang.....

Stewart
16th November 2009, 03:21 PM
i know greg had this on his run home when his screen cracked. it deff a replace job. But i remember reading about companies not using proper oem windows?

Im fully comp so it should be free as far as i remember.
Sitting in govan with the rain pishing down and pissed right off. Will my ins when i get back home.

Craig
16th November 2009, 03:35 PM
Bummer... :frown:

just ask you insurance company to use a window repairer that uses genuine parts. :yes nod:

Big Gordy
16th November 2009, 03:54 PM
Don't think its a free replacement either:eek:
Usually costs you about £50 - £70 depending on who your insurer is:Whistle:

Crombers
16th November 2009, 04:15 PM
Don't think its a free replacement either:eek:
Usually costs you about £50 - £70 depending on who your insurer is:Whistle:

I'm with Adrian Flux & iirc £70 excess but it does not affect your 'no claims'

GCA3N
16th November 2009, 05:00 PM
Yes I got mine replaced in June. Autoglass came out to do it. I remember the discussion last time. The only thing different was it never had the tiny logo in the corner. The autoglass guy said it was identical. I have to say there is no difference. And can I be honest it's probably better if it's not made by BMW:eek:

Also it normally costs between £50-80 in my experience, cost me £70. You also get the A pillars replaced to along with the top seal strip. I certainly had no complaints, (well apart from the first one had a tiny mark in the glass, I did'nt really bother or even see it at first but the auto glass guy rejected it)

Funny how this had came up though, as I got a phone call from the insurance company today wanting £27 from me as it has effected my premium for the year?

Stewart
16th November 2009, 05:04 PM
i'm sure e-sure will be the same. Not back yet so will find out later. Anyone used autoglass bothwell as they have a workshop. Have to find out off the cover slip.

Forgive i'm still using the phone to post.

Delboy
16th November 2009, 06:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Autoglass Bothwell did my rear side window when I got the rock thrown at it the day I collected the car and they did a good job (despite me giving them severe jip for not putting the chrome trim back on correctly, which turned out to be the fault of the dealer :D). Autoglass actually helped me sort it out though - the guy was really helpful :thumbs up:.

Stewart
16th November 2009, 07:12 PM
Cheers for that Del and the rest for the info – thinking it would be better in there Bothwell workshop than out in the rain that looks to be here most of the week. It's AutoGlass they use.

Its £75 excess and it should not affect my NCD of eleven years, although you always feel “aye right” bet there is a few more quid on next years Renewal. :ragin:

Actually grateful it’s not a chip on the paint or dent on the car as far as I can see, there was just the one bang and the window took the hit. Thats what I get for admiring the rain parting with the Carlack stuff this morning for it to be tanned this afternoon:argh:

Delboy
16th November 2009, 07:25 PM
Actually grateful it’s not a chip on the paint or dent on the car as far as I can see, there was just the one bang and the window took the hit. Thats what I get for admiring the rain parting with the Carlack stuff this morning for it to be tanned this afternoon:argh:

Although still very annoying, it's good that only the glass that got it :yes nod:. And now you'll get a nice new shiney windscreen to polish ;).

MiniSnaps
31st December 2009, 02:51 AM
Not fun when that happens.............

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3363/3546590396_5a1f5386ce.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3559/3547093499_c1e9564448.jpg

New screen courtesy of Autoglass :frown:

Gismo
31st December 2009, 03:08 AM
Ooyah, not nice

stoney
31st December 2009, 11:11 AM
well i think every insh iv had iv had to have a new windscren in due to stone chips or cracking apart from this year(thuch wood) so far still got about 4 month left to run tho and it has never put my insh up at all

Stewart
2nd January 2010, 12:37 AM
Sorry about the screen that makes my chip look like nothing, that must have made some sound. God when my screen got hit ,you’d have thought I’d been shot at by the sound and it was not even close to that hit.

It’s all these crap repairs on pot holes and pot holes themselves its getting ridicules in Glasgow.

Glad its all fixed.

colliz
5th January 2010, 08:01 PM
Autoglass is a very good at what they do i'd say.. ooooh cos i work out of autoglass in bothwell...lol... Hope everything went okay with the replacment windscreen...

Stewart
5th January 2010, 11:02 PM
You prob done my screen, Fussy git that I am. Tried the Gel but I kept looking at it and thought nah new screen.

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 09:51 AM
Have you got it sorted now, not great when this sort of thing happens.

stoney
6th January 2010, 10:02 AM
yep the pot holes around glasgow are shocking

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 10:10 AM
yep the pot holes around glasgow are shocking

come to Arran it makes mainland driving feel like your on driving on glass.

colliz
6th January 2010, 07:13 PM
it was not me that fixed yours as i work constant nights for my sins....good to herethat it got fixed they try to repair before they replace to save the world from burning up...lol