PDA

View Full Version : Headlight washer...

Doug_m
16th November 2009, 02:25 PM
I have recently noticed my headlight washers dont work or attempt to work when my lights are on and i wash the window.
These werent used for months but now winters here they dont work, ive checked fuses etc but have no ideas.

Anyone else had this problem or can help?
cheers

badwolf340
16th November 2009, 09:02 PM
Have noticed that on my car Headlight washers only come on when you do a long wash of windows ,not with a short burst.do you notice any leak's under car(may be hose to head light wash has come off).if two pump's fitted at washer bottle swap connections over to make sure pump is okay.or try to trace washer hose to make sure it is not damaged.

Craig
16th November 2009, 09:14 PM
yeah, also check if the little actuator moves when you hold your window washer on. If it does, then it points to no water getting thro as Brian has said.. ^^^^^ ;) If the actuator doesn't move, then it looks down to electrics...

MrMischief
17th November 2009, 12:14 AM
It has to be a long burst of the windscreen washers,with the headlights on & wipers on in the first position up.

And if the hose hasn't come off the bottle....is there water in it? :smilewinkgrin:

GCA3N
17th November 2009, 12:28 AM
It has to be a long burst of the windscreen washers,with the headlights on & wipers on in the first position up.

And if the hose hasn't come off the bottle....is there water in it? :smilewinkgrin:

Got to slightly disagree with you there, with mine you just have to operate the washer with the side lights on for it to work. You also don't have to have the wipers on. Also even the slightest operation of the washers operates the light washers too. I've tried to do it with out but it's no use.

countdown
17th November 2009, 11:35 AM
Got to slightly disagree with you there, with mine you just have to operate the washer with the side lights on for it to work. You also don't have to have the wipers on. Also even the slightest operation of the washers operates the light washers too. I've tried to do it with out but it's no use.

Thats cause you have an R56:D

baptie
17th November 2009, 01:50 PM
I jumped out my skin when they came on the other night!
saw a flood of water across the light, though I had burst something, lol

someone did make the comment "when they come on you will notice"

as above, is there water in the hole?

GCA3N
17th November 2009, 02:26 PM
Thats cause you have an R56:D

Oh dear another senior moment.

MrMischief
19th November 2009, 10:47 AM
Oh dear another senior moment.

:smilewinkgrin:

Doug_m
11th December 2009, 10:29 PM
Sorry for taking so long to reply guys
they pop out bits on the heAdlights don't move when I do it

would this fault appear under diagnostics computer, it must be an electrical issue
badtimes lol

MrMischief
14th December 2009, 01:04 AM
Sorry for taking so long to reply guys
they pop out bits on the heAdlights don't move when I do it

would this fault appear under diagnostics computer, it must be an electrical issue
badtimes lol

Were the xenons OEM fit on your car or has somebody fitted them & not connected them up properly/had them coded?

Have you tried listening to see if anything tries to move while someone else operates the lever? Watch they don't soak you....or poke you in the eye :Whistle:

Doug_m
16th December 2009, 08:25 PM
nah mate, thet are a factorty fit thats the problem lol

they dont make any noise, not even a tick to let me know they are trying :confused:

anybody know anywhere in the aberdeen area which could have a look at this bar john clarks...
Cheers

MrMischief
17th December 2009, 01:54 AM
nah mate, thet are a factorty fit thats the problem lol

they dont make any noise, not even a tick to let me know they are trying :confused:

anybody know anywhere in the aberdeen area which could have a look at this bar john clarks...
Cheers

I know Kevin Pirie in Dundee are pretty good...maybe our friendly JC sponsor could help out though???