PDA

View Full Version : Top gear cars

GCA3N
16th November 2009, 10:29 AM
The lads on TG last night could not decide what was better, be interesting to see what the NMS guys/gals think.

Q. what car would you choose for a similar tour of Europe. MUST be one of the 3 used on TG last night.

As said before has to be the Aston, but it's a tough choice would'nt be upset with either of the other two.

doogz__
16th November 2009, 10:46 AM
Aston.

But only because it has a proper gearbox.

euan
16th November 2009, 10:54 AM
Ferrari for me, as it's the only one that is really a grand tourer.

baptie
16th November 2009, 11:06 AM
Im with May, Lambo all the way.
Hate ferrari's and a toss up between aston and lambo, If I am gonna get called a **** for driving a dream car, might as well be one that I like.

Nowt against Aston, stunning machine

Crombers
16th November 2009, 11:46 AM
Prancing Horse :yes nod:

doogz__
16th November 2009, 11:59 AM
The california is a cracking car, i agree, a proper GT car, power and performance, with a level of luxury, proper power folding roof instead of the old 355 targa "store behind the seats" half assed effort.

And the Lambo is awesome, but for me, supercars are 2WD.

AndyP & Lenore
16th November 2009, 12:17 PM
Aston.

But only because it has a proper gearbox.

Ferrari. But only because the Aston has a pants manual and the Ferrari has a proper DSG gearbox.:moonie:;)

A.:D

doogz__
16th November 2009, 12:38 PM
LOL, whatever floats your boat i guess. Never driven an auto car that i thought wouldnt be better with a manual box.

ianking
16th November 2009, 01:09 PM
I voted Aston but only because there was no option for Dacia.

zimbo
16th November 2009, 01:23 PM
Well I decline your invitation of taking part in this poll ONLY because I could not choose one of these over another, coz I love them all and honestly COULD NOT pick a single one outright.

The only niggly bit out of all of them that I find is that the front of the California is ugly!!! and I know this for a fact after seeing one close up and personal (in Black.... :p) the rest of the car is awesome, love the rear lights apart from where the brake lights are located halfway down the rear end instead of at the top with the tail lights... :argh:

AndyP & Lenore
16th November 2009, 01:28 PM
I voted Aston but only because there was no option for Dacia.

:laugh::thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
16th November 2009, 01:28 PM
LOL, whatever floats your boat i guess. Never driven an auto car that i thought wouldnt be better with a manual box.

Have you driven any car with a DSG box?

A.

GCA3N
16th November 2009, 03:10 PM
Well I decline your invitation of taking part in this poll ONLY because I could not choose one of these over another, coz I love them all and honestly COULD NOT pick a single one outright.

The only niggly bit out of all of them that I find is that the front of the California is ugly!!! and I know this for a fact after seeing one close up and personal (in Black.... :p) the rest of the car is awesome, love the rear lights apart from where the brake lights are located halfway down the rear end instead of at the top with the tail lights... :argh:

Oh that's a pity I won the lottery and was going to buy every one the car they chose, oh well looks like your staying with mini then.:lol:

doogz__
16th November 2009, 03:21 PM
Yeah a golf.

Although, DSG's are manual boxes, not auto's.

I still prefer a stick. I don't always want a lightning quick gearchange, you don't really get the option with a dsg to be quick, or slow with the shift. You get whatever it does and that's that. Also, a DSG will change gear very quickly indeed. But not when you tell it too. It'll be half a second later or whatever

And when downshifting, it automatically heel and toes for you, like the new 370z.

I like driving my car. I don't want a computer doing things for me. But i'm old fashioned. I don't like power steering either, or ABS or TC or any of those "driver aids" as they're comically called.

All of which is my humble opinion of course.

Big Gordy
16th November 2009, 04:05 PM
What was the Ferraris bluetooth playing at:confused:
For a car costing that much you would think they could get the phone bit right......it just kept phoning the same guy all the time:rolleyes: Did you hear it when it kept adding all those 0's onto the end of the number it was trying to dial:laugh:

doogz__
16th November 2009, 04:15 PM
I missed this? Was in the shower and missed the first ten minutes ish.

An italian car with dodgy electrics? You don't say! :argh:

illegalhunter
16th November 2009, 04:31 PM
Lambo for me

bry_mini
16th November 2009, 05:26 PM
lambo!! :cool:

RyanK
16th November 2009, 05:44 PM
Lambo also....although there is no real 1st choice out of the 3. All cars are spectacular

camjay
16th November 2009, 07:09 PM
Lambo...sleek and classy :thumbs up:

Stewart
16th November 2009, 07:27 PM
:thumbs up:http://www.ontariostreetcar.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/6085185c86f9893560.jpg

I think the Lambo has the wow factor and that rear on the California is a bit iffy looks like an Alfa but I think it has to be Aston just because It’s always been my dream car and that Aston that finished last series was stunning. :thumbs up:

I just thinking about that road to Durness and the noise these things would make…….:thumbs up:

TheDoctor46
16th November 2009, 07:29 PM
The Lambo for me without a doubt!!! They sound awesome and feel very well built together. Plus, i deliver to a Aston Martin garage and the amount of cars you see in there with the engines out getting major work done is unbelievable!!!:eek:

euan
16th November 2009, 07:48 PM
While I agree the Lambo would be my choice to own, the question is which you'd take on a grand tour - are you really saying a 2 seater with a small boot is what you'd choose to do that?

The Dogfather
16th November 2009, 08:21 PM
Has to be the Aston for me, both to own and do the Tour.

Mini Ecosse
16th November 2009, 08:22 PM
Aston :thumbs up:

TheDoctor46
16th November 2009, 08:40 PM
While I agree the Lambo would be my choice to own, the question is which you'd take on a grand tour - are you really saying a 2 seater with a small boot is what you'd choose to do that?

Yip, without a doubt:thumbs up:
I dont need a big boot and it would just be me and the missus anyway:thumbs up:

KenL
16th November 2009, 09:02 PM
Hate ferrari's

How can anyone hate Ferraris :confused:

I voted Ferrari, but love all three :cool:

GP BILLY
16th November 2009, 09:33 PM
LAMBO LAMBO LAMBO LAMBO LAMBO LAMBO

Did I say LAMBO:thumbs up: