PDA

View Full Version : Top gear.

GCA3N
15th November 2009, 11:06 PM
Thought top gear tonight was fantastic absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Who else went Noooooooo when those kids were drawing on those cars. Wish I could have watched it in HD, was it good?

Scottie
15th November 2009, 11:09 PM
was good in HD:thumbs up:

The Dogfather
15th November 2009, 11:12 PM
That road is even further away than the Stelvio :eek:

baptie
15th November 2009, 11:31 PM
This is the road (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=romania&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=15.194454,36.958008&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Romania&ll=45.635167,24.627228&spn=0.28039,0.577469&t=h&z=11)

Looks kinda twisty turny!

This was the other one (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=stelvio&sll=45.635167,24.627228&sspn=0.24006,0.610428&g=Romania&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Stelvio+National+Park,+23032+Bormio+Sondrio, +Lombardy,+Italy&ll=46.533004,10.455551&spn=0.059046,0.152607&t=h&z=13)

Stelvio, Looks wild!!!

The Dogfather
15th November 2009, 11:44 PM
Guardian Article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2005/apr/23/romania.guardiansaturdaytravelsection

AndyP & Lenore
16th November 2009, 01:34 AM
Aye, was good in HD.

That road was stunning, we both went "ohhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Those three cars were gorgeous too. Lenore wants the Aston, I'd go for the Ferrari.

A.:D

GCA3N
16th November 2009, 09:08 AM
Aye, was good in HD.

That road was stunning, we both went "ohhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Those three cars were gorgeous too. Lenore wants the Aston, I'd go for the Ferrari.

A.:D
really hard choice car wise I think if push came to shove it would be the Aston for me.

Gismo
16th November 2009, 09:10 AM
was good in HD:thumbs up::thumbs up: i'd have the Aston too, but not with that colour interior :hand:

GCA3N
16th November 2009, 09:11 AM
:thumbs up: i'd have the Aston too, but not with that colour interior :hand:

Come on Alan I think the red would suit you;):lol:

Your right though would defo have a different colour for the interior and exterior.

Crombers
16th November 2009, 09:35 AM
Not a massive TG fan but some bits tonight were good.

Ferrari every time :thumbs up:

GCA3N
16th November 2009, 10:01 AM
Not a massive TG fan.

:eek::eek:

I thought it was obligitory to like top gear if you were a petrol head, I presume your not a petrol head then.

JOHN MILNE
16th November 2009, 10:05 AM
WAS GOOD IN HD:thumbs up:
ALSO WENT NOOOOOOOO WHEN KIDS WERE DRAWING ON THE CARS:hand:

GCA3N
16th November 2009, 10:11 AM
ALSO WENT NOOOOOOOO WHEN KIDS WERE DRAWING ON THE CARS:hand:

it felt awful, I was shouting at the TV, must have been worse in HD:lol:

euan
16th November 2009, 10:17 AM
Yup, HD was great!

Tell you what though, I'd have felt VERY self conscious in those cars in Romania. I was there for work a few years ago and the taxi laid on by work was a 10 year old Yugo, it was once bright yellow but was now very faded, and the driver had a "convincer" beside his seat should anyone have a pop at him. Saddest thing I saw was people selling "magic tree" air freshners on the steet. The place is so poor (outside of the coast where the Russians go) that it's unreal.

The hotel i stayed in was a right laugh as well - there was a conference on "the future of Iraq" at the time and the whole place was full of military, all of whom were armed! That made me somewhat nervous over breakfast!

Back to TG though - I love all three of those cars. The Lambo for the looks and the engine (especially in black), the Aston for the V12 (but actually not for it's looks - DB9 looks better to me) and the Ferrari, well I think it's actually the best looking Ferrari in ages. The rear lights are pants, but the rest of it is very good. Kind of reminiscent of the Maserati though.

Eric Bana and the Beast was good too, he'd had the car since he was 16 and just could never part with it and spent a LOT of money getting into the state he had, only to prang it round a tree. Gutted!

Crombers
16th November 2009, 11:03 AM
:eek::eek:

I thought it was obligitory to like top gear if you were a petrol head, I presume your not a petrol head then.

Hammond & Clarkson are a tad OTT when trying to be funny & I often cringe.

May on the other hand is a natural & I'd watch any programme he's on.

GCA3N
16th November 2009, 11:17 AM
Hammond & Clarkson are a tad OTT when trying to be funny & I often cringe.

May on the other hand is a natural & I'd watch any programme he's on.

Clarkson is annoying no doudt, but for me it's kinda like sucking on lemon, I don't like doing it but somehow I want too. He's addictive to watch and being annoying makes him more appealing, very strange. I like Hammond though and May both are good precenters IMO, I feel sorry for James though with the other two constantly picking on him.

euan
16th November 2009, 12:05 PM
May is an excellant presenter on his own, better than the other two anyway. Has anyone been watching his Toy Stories program that's on? It's brilliant - this week he's making a scaletrix track round the original Brooklands circuit (which is in ruins these days).

N16SHP
16th November 2009, 01:03 PM
May is an excellant presenter on his own, better than the other two anyway. Has anyone been watching his Toy Stories program that's on? It's brilliant - this week he's making a scaletrix track round the original Brooklands circuit (which is in ruins these days).

Yeah i've been watching that! I love May, he's brilliant. I've read a couple of Clarkson's books and columns and he's so much better at writing than presenting!

euan
16th November 2009, 02:08 PM
I've read a couple of Clarkson's books and columns and he's so much better at writing than presenting!

His Times column is very good as well

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/

N16SHP
17th November 2009, 01:00 PM
Yeah, i think his book, well certainly the two i've read are made up of extracts from his columns!

Crombers
17th November 2009, 01:29 PM
I've read a couple of Clarkson's books and columns and he's so much better at writing than presenting!

In a nutshell :yes nod:

He can be OK as long as he does'nt try the funny bits