PDA

View Full Version : runflat indicator query?

joec73
14th November 2009, 08:01 PM
Hi all,
On my way into see Iain @audio advice today my run flat indicator light came on.
When i got there all the tyres looked ok, so i reset the light by holding the button down etc.
I then drove all the way back home and the light stayed off.
I checked all the pressures and they were all ok give or take a few psi.

Anyone any ideas on why the light would come on?

GCA3N
14th November 2009, 08:23 PM
This has happened to me aswell, it's due to how the system works, or detects a puncture, it can go off without there being an actual puncture. I would'nt worry about it though

GCA3N
14th November 2009, 08:24 PM
Hi all,
On my way into see Iain @audio advice today my run flat indicator light came on.
When i got there all the tyres looked ok, so i reset the light by holding the button down etc.
I then drove all the way back home and the light stayed off.
I checked all the pressures and they were all ok give or take a few psi.

Anyone any ideas on why the light would come on?

This has happened to loads of people before, it's due to how the system detects a puncture, I would not worry about it.

birdog
14th November 2009, 11:27 PM
There is a sensor that monitors the speed of each wheel, when you get a flat tyre, that wheel spins slightly faster than the other 3 and then the flat tyre lamp comes on.
Same thing happens sometimes when the tyres are pumped up, sometimes a reset in needed.

I had the problem a while back when one of the sensors failed, ABS lamp, traction control lamp and flat tyre lamp, all because one sensor failed

N16SHP
14th November 2009, 11:34 PM
I reset my sensor on monday, and since then thought the car was pulling slightly, so checked my tyre pressures tonight, and i've got a puncture on my back left...gutted. Was on my way to buy a PS3 cheap from Sainsbury's...looks like thats gonna have to wait now!

KenL
15th November 2009, 12:48 AM

Have you got RF tyres?

Just looking will not tell you anything as they look pumped up when flat.

Best to check pressures and keep an eye on them.

GCA3N
15th November 2009, 01:14 AM
I reset my sensor on monday, and since then thought the car was pulling slightly, so checked my tyre pressures tonight, and i've got a puncture on my back left...gutted. Was on my way to buy a PS3 cheap from Sainsbury's...looks like thats gonna have to wait now!

You can get it repaired if it's not on the tyre wall or close to it. Obviously this depends on where you take it.

N16SHP
15th November 2009, 02:13 AM
I'd planned on replacing the tyres next month anyways which is kinda ironic and annoying!

joec73
15th November 2009, 08:41 AM
thanks for the help guys.
checked the pressures and they all seem fine, will just keep an eye on them.