PDA

View Full Version : HDMI Splitter

Craig
13th November 2009, 12:27 AM
Ok, I bought my plasma about 2 years or so ago and as such it only came with 1 HDMI port on it.. I have a DVD player that connects with an HDMI cable (an upscaler) and I got sky HD a few months ago. I have just been swapping the cable out of the back of the TV whenever I wanted to change from Sky to DVD.

I wanted to stop doing this so as not to damage the TV or port in the back of the TV, so bought myself an HDMI splitter.. didn't want to spend a fortune as I would like to talk Mrs D into a new telly in the next 6 months or so :Whistle: as it is not 1080p (only 1080i but good enough for Sky HD as they only transmit at 1080i max) and because it only has 1 HDMI cable, so I went for THIS SPLITTER (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130543). Took it out the box today and connected it up... ie plugged the cables coming from my sky and dvd into the box then connected a cable from the box to the TV. I think it must be bust as I ain't getting any picture from either. . :frown: am I doing anything wrong or am I just the unluckiest guy with new kit :rolleyes::argh:

I might give it to one of the guys in my work as he has a tv with only 1 hdmi so maybe he can test it out... ;)

AndyP & Lenore
13th November 2009, 12:38 AM
If you'd bought the one I suggested a few months ago it would have worked. :moonie:

Can't beat Lektropacks quality electronics. :thumbs up:

However, can't help you with why it isn't working.

A. :D

Craig
13th November 2009, 12:41 AM
If you'd bought the one I suggested a few months ago it would have worked. :moonie:

Can't beat Lektropacks quality electronics. :thumbs up:

However, can't help you with why it isn't working.

A. :D

well, it didn't bother me months ago, but it does now and telling me so doesn't help...! :moonie:

anyone got a better response ? ie is the box fecked ? :rolleyes:

Bazthemod
13th November 2009, 12:41 AM
It sounds like an HDCP issue... some of cheaper splitters flare up with this problem. Are the lights on?

AndyP & Lenore
13th November 2009, 12:45 AM
well, it didn't bother me months ago, but it does now and telling me so doesn't help...! :moonie:

anyone got a better response ? ie is the box fecked ? :rolleyes:

True. But I get a small amount of satisfaction in annoying you from time to time. :laugh:

Craig
13th November 2009, 12:45 AM
It sounds like an HDCP issue... some of cheaper splitters flare up with this problem. Are the lights on?

yep, the signal lights are on depending on which source I select. When it is on the Sky one I get snow.... when I switch off my sky box, I get a blue screen (which is my default for no signal) so it looks like it's getitng some kind of signal, but prob not what it's expecting... :argh:

Craig
13th November 2009, 12:47 AM
True. But I get a small amount of satisfaction in annoying you from time to time. :laugh:

well, just looked at their website (lekropacks) and with the price of their splitters, I'd be much better putting that cash to another TV... :frown:

AndyP & Lenore
13th November 2009, 12:51 AM
well, just looked at their website (lekropacks) and with the price of their splitters, I'd be much better putting that cash to another TV... :frown:

£40 ish will not go far towards a new tv. :confused:

A.

Craig
13th November 2009, 12:54 AM
£40 ish will not go far towards a new tv. :confused:

A.

I must be in the wrong place (after using their search tool) cos the cheapest I could see started at over £70 rising to around £400 :thud:

also read some more stuff on t'internet on this splitter and it seems to be no good for sky HD... :ragin::ragin: wish it had said that in the sales blurb...:frown:

no reason tho for it not to work with my dvd player... :sad:

Craig
13th November 2009, 12:57 AM
well, off to bed anyway (up at 6), gonna wrestle with this again tomorrow night... :argh: ah the joys... :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
13th November 2009, 01:07 AM
switcher on lektropacks (http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/view_product_standard.php?product=72&department=57&sub1=15&show=57). Admittedly it doesn't specifically say it handles sky HD but I would have thought it would.

AndyP & Lenore
13th November 2009, 01:15 AM
JS-Technologies make one too but that's £56. But, john simm's stuff is excellent. And, he's a petrolhead and heads up to knockhill on occasion. He's also very helpful if something ain't right. Js is certainly where I'll be getting mine from.:thumbs up:

Gismo
13th November 2009, 08:07 AM
Ok, are you definitely connecting the output to the TV?? :blush:
Failing that, have you tried a different input connector for the TV and DVD.

And sorry, i'm with Andy, eBuyer is all very good, but, they are cheap for a reason ;)

And, if you're looking for a good deal on a 1080p TV in 6 months then let's get talking, my Pioneer 50" Plasma is for sale