PDA

View Full Version : William Harper = A True Gent

ianking
10th November 2009, 10:44 AM
Last night I hit a huge pot hole near Musselburgh on my way to raceland at Haddington, was there with folk from my work. Great time was had.

Inspected the car after hitting said hole and again when we left the karting and all seemed fine. However we were motoring down the A1 when the car felt juddery and I realised I had a flat.
Managed to drive slowly into Musselburgh services and called MINI emergency. They said they would have a truck to me in about 1 hour and they would take me home, they also said they would come back out in the morning and take my car to where ever I wanted for a tyre. Great service.
I called William to ask if he had a spare wheel in his garage that I could pick up on the way back as I would be going past his house.
He did have one but said that he would come out to Musselburgh and meet me there (it was 9.30pm and very cold). I called MINI emergency to tell them of this and cancel their truck, they were very gratefull.

William arrived 15 mins after my call to him with a brand new 17inch alloy and tyre. He then helped me as we had to take my rear alloy off and move it to the front as his 17 wouldnt go over my JCW brakes (my puncture was on the front). I was home and warm by 10pm. William was in the middle of entertaining a young lady friend at the time when he left to help me, I offered him a nice cuddle as well but he declined, ive no idea why.

Great newminiscotland spirit was shown last night. :D

Dropped my wheel off this morning and the tyre is fooked as is the rugby ball shaped wheel. :sad:

Gismo
10th November 2009, 10:49 AM
Nice one lads :thumbs up:

Craig
10th November 2009, 10:59 AM
bad luck Ian... :frown: is it one of the roads you help look after ?:lol: The state of some of our roads is appalling, :frown::frown:

great to see that NMS spirit. Well done young 'un :thumbs up::thumbs up:

GCA3N
10th November 2009, 11:05 AM
Brilliant William that was a very nice gesture. It's also nice when people are appreciative over a nice gesture.

MINI William
10th November 2009, 11:05 AM
Last night I hit a huge pot hole near Musselburgh on my way to raceland at Haddington, was there with folk from my work. Great time was had.

Inspected the car after hitting said hole and again when we left the karting and all seemed fine. However we were motoring down the A1 when the car felt juddery and I realised I had a flat.
Managed to drive slowly into Musselburgh services and called MINI emergency. They said they would have a truck to me in about 1 hour and they would take me home, they also said they would come back out in the morning and take my car to where ever I wanted for a tyre. Great service.
I called William to ask if he had a spare wheel in his garage that I could pick up on the way back as I would be going past his house.
He did have one but said that he would come out to Musselburgh and meet me there (it was 9.30pm and very cold). I called MINI emergency to tell them of this and cancel their truck, they were very gratefull.

William arrived 15 mins after my call to him with a brand new 17inch alloy and tyre. He then helped me as we had to take my rear alloy off and move it to the front as his 17 wouldnt go over my JCW brakes (my puncture was on the front). I was home and warm by 10pm. William was in the middle of entertaining a young lady friend at the time when he left to help me, I offered him a nice cuddle as well but he declined, ive no idea why.

Dropped my wheel off this morning and the tyre is fooked as is the rugby ball shaped wheel. :sad:

Ian not a problem :thumbs up:.More than happy to help anytime.I would have accepted your cuddle but didnt want Megan gettin to jelous :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
10th November 2009, 11:53 AM
Good to see NMS spirit alive and well.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

But, could all have been avoided with RFT.:laugh:

A.:D

ianking
10th November 2009, 01:27 PM
not one of my roads, it was a council road and a strongly worded letter is coming their way.

RFT tyre would not have saved it as the wheel is oval shaped.

AndyP & Lenore
10th November 2009, 01:38 PM
not one of my roads, it was a council road and a strongly worded letter is coming their way.

RFT tyre would not have saved it as the wheel is oval shaped.

In fact your wheel would probably have got even more bent out of shape as RFT's are so hard, but it would have got you home instead of pulling William off his burd.:D

A.:D

L13ARG
10th November 2009, 03:55 PM
You dont hear storys like this very often now a days
(god i sound old lol):thumbs up:

badwolf340
10th November 2009, 09:46 PM
such a nice young man ....all credit to his parent's no dought:lol::lol:

ianking
10th November 2009, 10:21 PM

yes indeed, he never took after you with the spelling though:p:D:p

GCA3N
10th November 2009, 10:26 PM
Ian not a problem :thumbs up:.More than happy to help anytime.I would have accepted your cuddle but didnt want Megan gettin to jelous :rolleyes:

yes indeed, he never took after you with the spelling though:p:D:p

I don't know about that. :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
10th November 2009, 10:28 PM
I don't know about that. :lol:

pmsl. :laugh::laugh:

Bumble
10th November 2009, 10:33 PM
Well we all know how SPECIAL William is :smilewinkgrin: :Whistle: :Whistle: :Whistle:

stoney
11th November 2009, 08:35 AM
sorry about the car

but well done william