PDA

View Full Version : Which Pressure Washer???

Hamish
9th November 2009, 07:37 PM
Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong area...

Anyone got any recommendations on a decent pressure washer, not too pricey, but one that would be powerful enough to pressure wash the moss etc off the path/patio.

Obviously it'd be handy for washing the car too :rolleyes: haha

Any decent sites/shops that are good on value?

Cheers all.

Hamish

GCA3N
9th November 2009, 08:22 PM
Hamish think most folks like the Karcher ones. I know I think mine is perfect for the car. Found this whilst looking on line for you, seems like a great deal. See what others think

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-5869.aspx

Craig
9th November 2009, 09:28 PM
the detailers out there will prob say nilfisk or bosch etc, but I have always used Karcher and not had any issues with them. :yes nod:

that one that greig has found is a great deal for the cash. :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
9th November 2009, 09:34 PM
Karcher all the way.:thumbs up:

Whilst the one Greig found is OK, it's a bit lacking in power. Also, the web site says... "This requires an adult to sign upon delivery" so that rules you out mate.:laugh:

A.:D

GCA3N
9th November 2009, 10:00 PM
Also, the web site says... "This requires an adult to sign upon delivery" so that rules you out mate.:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Quality

MrMischief
10th November 2009, 12:14 AM
If you'd asked me a while ago I'd have said Karcher too, but I had my 3.99 for a year & the pump packed up. It's a plastic pump on most of the sub £250 range from Karcher, then they change to more robust brass fittings.
As it was a year old they wouldn't look at a warranty replacement :ragin:

I'm on the lookout for a new pressure washer too now, for about £250. We have loads of Nilfisk equipment at work & it never seems to go wrong, plus the rep lives a few doors down from me :D

ianking
10th November 2009, 10:32 AM
I wouldnt go anywhere near a Karcher.
My uncles shop is the repair agent for them and he tells me they are rubbish. The pump is of a very poor quality.

Far better with Nilfisk. He repairs them too but hardly gets any in for repair and any that he does are generally due to user caused damage.

Hamish
10th November 2009, 10:37 AM
wow, cheers guys, to be honest I was looking at Karcher, it was only one I'd really heard of... actually looked at the 3.99 last night online. Now I'm doubting Karcher lol.

Will have a look at Nilfisk range too... what would be the equivalent Nilfisk model to the 3.99, kinda want a high pressure one so it'll clean some stubborn moss and crap thats built up on the paths and patio at the house lol :(

Andy... well done for that comment, surprised Greig never beat you to that one... actually made me chuckle. hahaha

N16SHP
10th November 2009, 11:01 AM
My old man has got a new Nilfisk. It was Alto before that, and he had his for about 6-7 years before it finally packed it. It was a beast and had some cool attachments too! The one he bought this time round was only about £100 i think and im really really impressed with it (When he lets me near it of course, cos i broke the last one...oops!)

GCA3N
10th November 2009, 11:13 AM
Andy... well done for that comment, surprised Greig never beat you to that one... actually made me chuckle. hahaha

yeh gutted I missed that.

AndyP & Lenore
10th November 2009, 11:51 AM
For the Karcher bashers.... Had mine 4 years now, going strong still (although now I've posted this it will die on me lol).:thumbs up:

zimbo
14th November 2009, 12:28 PM
I would'nt mind a power/pressure washer myself seeing as winter is coming in!!! I've never used one on my cars before, have always done it by bucket and sponge method before.

Ian where is the best place to look for a Nilfisk washer then? and I also assume they will have a big variety as well like K'archer do...

GCA3N
14th November 2009, 02:17 PM
I would'nt mind a power/pressure washer myself seeing as winter is coming in!!! I've never used one on my cars before, have always done it by bucket and sponge method before.

Ian where is the best place to look for a Nilfisk washer then? and I also assume they will have a big variety as well like K'archer do...

I just got one recently and don't know how i managed before. What I like is if I've been out and the car was clean before a quick jet wash gets all the muck, salt, grit etc off without having to touch the car. Found myself washing the car less, however now jet wash everytime I take it out (atleast in the Winter anyway)

badwolf340
15th November 2009, 06:52 PM
I wouldnt go anywhere near a Karcher.
My uncles shop is the repair agent for them and he tells me they are rubbish. The pump is of a very poor quality.

Far better with Nilfisk. He repairs them too but hardly gets any in for repair and any that he does are generally due to user caused damage.

Can't agree Mr King ,have 2 ,a 595 (i think.over 15 Yrs old) and a new King 120 (hot water) and have been very good .just what I find.:thumbs up:

Stewart
15th November 2009, 07:25 PM
I’ve had my Mac washer a few years now and had no problems. But it’s a B&Q kind of brand. Its basically a Bosch and it’s the same fittings. I had to get the Bosch fitment for the foam lance.

As for if you don’t use one, I’d never wash my car from a Bucket now, I even got water and Elec at the front of the house for it. I do the Driveway and Back slabs with it every year.

Just dont go down the £30-40 (never heard of ) route, my mate went through two in a matter of weeks, he took the first one back but just binned the second.

euan
16th November 2009, 10:05 AM
Karcher are on offer on Amazon at the moment.

GP BILLY
17th November 2009, 10:06 AM
It's a wee bit more than some but I bought a Makita HW131
a few months ago (great machine)

MAKITA HW131 (http://www.willisandgrabham.co.uk/gardenequipment.php?gardensafety=1385)

Hamish
17th November 2009, 01:08 PM
gawd, so many choices!!! lol... thanks one and all... appreciate all your feedback. :D

Big Gordy
8th April 2010, 01:19 PM
Well my Karcher has just expired:ragin: Its only 9 months old :argh: Got it free with last years Tesco insurance so I'll need to get onto the warranty folk and see about getting a replacement :yawn: What a pain in the :moonie:

Stewart
8th April 2010, 01:29 PM
How often was it used? My Mac is still going strong, in fact did the back slabs last week and should have been used today to clean the car but its doing that will it rain will it not trick here in Glasgow.

Big Gordy
9th April 2010, 07:59 AM
How often was it used?

Lucky if I've used it once a week:frown: Only use it for cleaning the wheels and foaming the cars:thumbs up: Once a year its used for cleaning the slabs but that's it. It was during the slab cleaning last week that pressure started to drop off and I was getting a vicious vibration through the handle:argh: Think the pumps gubbed:frown: I'm gonna phone them this afternoon to see what they can do about it.......I'll let you know how I get on:yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
9th April 2010, 10:19 AM
We just bought a Karcher 5.700 for £211 yesterday. Retails at £359 but Costco had a bargain on. The last one lasted fine until the frost got into it over that harsh winter and split a pipe or something inside it then it leaked every time I used it.

A.

Big Gordy
9th April 2010, 11:44 PM
Well Karcher have agreed with me that the pump in knackered so there sending me a replacement:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
9th April 2010, 11:46 PM
Well Karcher have agreed with me that the pump in knackered so there sending me a replacement:thumbs up:

Result!:thumbs up: