PDA

View Full Version : Toasted bread plus melted cheese equals?

Wul
28th February 2003, 07:34 PM
Roasted Cheese?
Cheese on Toast?
Toasted Cheese?
Fudgey Toast?

This is an endless argument with my friends

Sad or what?:clown::clown:

Monsta Mo Mini
28th February 2003, 08:22 PM
I'm a Toasted Cheese man myself :D(although the missud maintains that it's cheesy feet:dead:)

Willie M
1st March 2003, 01:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

(although the missud maintains that it's cheesy feet:dead:)
Oooof Ye :( In the name o' the wee man :dead:

Julz
1st March 2003, 04:18 AM
Burnt sludge on charcoal? Cheesie toast? General decision at this end is cheese on toast!:p

Willie M
1st March 2003, 08:47 AM
I'd go for roasted cheese myself, but I'm lactose intolerant ;)

What would you call it when you put beans on top though :question:

Wul
3rd March 2003, 08:10 PM
Boggin!

Gismo
3rd March 2003, 11:47 PM
Cheese Slider

bonnie scotland

imcharg
4th March 2003, 12:41 AM
It's gotta be Toast with Beans on Top then melted cheese. Finally add HP Brown sauce :D - Cheesy Beans FANTASTIC.

Monsta Mo Mini
4th March 2003, 04:49 AM
Bet that's caused some windy nights!:dead:

Wul
5th March 2003, 07:24 PM
The MINI2 version of this thread is producing some intereting results too!

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26042

But the americans keep bringing mayo and salad cream into the equation - YUCK!:dead:

minidriver#1
5th March 2003, 11:44 PM
its cheese on toast or cheese toasties in my book. Its even better with onions and ground black pepper on top and a pinch of salt, garnished with delicious herbs and spices to get the taste buds tingling, coupled with a fine wine...

:|

johnlewis99
6th March 2003, 10:19 AM
In texas, thats a "grilled cheese sandwich" ,and when you add a hamberger patty to it it becomes a "Patty melt" (and no, it dont have any added icky stuff....just toasted bread/meat/melted cheese)a slice of dill pickle does go well with it though. Good stuff!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Did you know, the "hole's" only natural enemy is the "pile": Bart Simpson

Fontal
15th March 2003, 07:44 PM
One hell of a mess of the tostie machine;):approve::p

johnlewis99
19th March 2003, 11:03 PM
Hey, its just not real cooking without dry chemical fire extinguisher powder flying about! which also goes with rule two.....I dont need a cooking timer, the smoke detector lets me know its done!:D

Wul
18th December 2003, 11:28 PM
Had a couple of slices of "roasted cheese" using the "outsiders" of a plain loaf using extra mature scottish cheddar the other day and it was BRAW!

Just thought i'd share that with you chaps and re-gurgitate <burp!> this thread!

:D

Burple
19th December 2003, 01:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

its cheese on toast or cheese toasties in my book. Its even better with onions and ground black pepper on top and a pinch of salt, garnished with delicious herbs and spices to get the taste buds tingling, coupled with a fine wine...
:|

Mmmmmmmmmmm <rumble rumble> I'm with this one...
Or here's another one... that packaged smoked garlic sausage (the thin one) stuff? A few slices of that under the cheese, sprinkle on some worcesteshire sauce, some pepper....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm luvverly!

...and yeah... cheese on toast!:D:D:D

bpirie1000
19th December 2003, 02:37 AM
Grrr toasted chees for me heaps of cheese dripping out the sides.. but not to hot so it burns my face that is nasty..

Cheers

Away to get some toastys on the go anyone else want..

macblob
19th December 2003, 06:46 AM
Cheese on toast with branston spicy pickle slapped on top :D

DNV122
20th December 2003, 06:23 AM
Cheese on Toast - wife's special is to add Lee & Perrins Worcestertscestercetrstshire Saurrcee on the top during the melt

mmmm

A duvet lifter.

Wul
23rd December 2003, 05:25 AM
Or add some dried chillie flakes and ground black pepper :)

travelingmcmahans
26th December 2003, 07:08 AM
I love grilled cheese. Only I learned that in Italy, "grilled cheese" means a slab of cheese that has been nelted on the grill. It was still yummy!
Colby cheese on sourdough toast is the best for a grilled cheese sandwich. :)