PDA

View Full Version : Mini or not

GCA3N
3rd November 2009, 01:37 PM
If you next car purchase was your last would you choose a mini?

Smitty
3rd November 2009, 02:16 PM
Yes - i'm pretty certain it would be a JCW, but I would be very tempted by a Focus RS. I think I would go for the Focus if I had the money to run 2 cars so I could keep my current MINI. :D

But unfortuantly i'm at least a year off being able to invest (and I use that word very lightly!) in a new car :frown::thud:

KenL
3rd November 2009, 05:46 PM
Is this poll money dependant?

GCA3N
3rd November 2009, 07:52 PM
Is this poll money dependant?

simple, if you had to buy your last car tomorrow, with your own personnel circumstances (ie funds family etc) would it be a mini?

KenL
3rd November 2009, 08:43 PM
simple, if you had to buy your last car tomorrow, with your own personnel circumstances (ie funds family etc) would it be a mini?

OK, given that I bought my current MINI 6 months ago, and nothing has changed, I would buy another Cooper S.

No real desire for a works as it is fast enough as it is.

I may spec some minor different things as my current car was one of the "credit crunch" stock cars.

The Dogfather
3rd November 2009, 08:47 PM
If it was my last car then no, I've always wanted to own something totally impractical like an Ultima.

Delboy
3rd November 2009, 09:30 PM
This is a bit weird - if I was buying my last car tomorrow then, unless I kick the bucket rather early, I'd need it to last a long time so perhaps a Toyota Avensis would be a sensible choice :lol:.

Having said that, some say the Clubman is an old man's car :rolleyes: so maybe that would work too ;).

However, I'd probably sell the kids and buy a Porsche 911 Turbo :D.

GCA3N
3rd November 2009, 10:38 PM
I'd probably sell the kids and buy a Porsche 911 Turbo :D.

:laugh::laugh:

RyanK
3rd November 2009, 10:52 PM
I want to leave the mini scene but I don't want to leave the mini scene :confused::lol:

GCA3N
3rd November 2009, 10:55 PM
I want to leave the mini scene but I don't want to leave the mini scene :confused::lol:

I know how you feel, mini is sometimes a bad addiction.

It's a gr8 car no doubt, well it's more than a car it's almost a way of life, there's just so much more for your money out there now.:eek: Sorry but it's true. Still love my baby though!:clap:

Stewart
4th November 2009, 02:16 AM
When I bought my Cooper I did not even try the S or Works. I was just glad the car appeared to be as fun to drive as I had imagined. Thinking I’ve got some room here for improvement over some of the others, even with my driving style I seriously fancy a Cooper S in Gray.

Granted I’d only had the car a few weeks when we went to Durness but even at that stage I was thinking some of the S cars were stunning the more I seen them and it must be nice to have the extra power on tap.

RyanK
4th November 2009, 09:23 AM
I know how you feel, mini is sometimes a bad addiction.

It's a gr8 car no doubt, well it's more than a car it's almost a way of life, there's just so much more for your money out there now.:eek: Sorry but it's true. Still love my baby though!:clap:

Got my opinion right down to a T there :thumbs up:

GCA3N
4th November 2009, 09:31 AM
Got my opinion right down to a T there :thumbs up:

it's a terrible affliction.

I spent the best part of 17K on that mini and when you look and see what you can get for 17K it makes me shudder sometimes. However I know that if i went out there and say bought a 4 yr old M3 or similar I would regret selling my mini and miss it every day. It is a very unique car that makes me feel different when I drive it. I can accept spending more than I should My only wish would be that mini's were reliable and better built.

doogz__
4th November 2009, 09:37 AM
Na, i'd either have a M5 or a RS4, if i had to keep it forever.

I'd like an RS6, but i don't do auto's.

RyanK
4th November 2009, 09:41 AM
I want a Mk2 focus RS, can sense them falling in price next year! Theres too much going around imo for them to hold a steady value

Had a shot of one a few weeks ago and omg...

antihero3000
4th November 2009, 09:46 AM
If its a forever car for me it'll be from Stuttgart :thumbs up:

ianking
4th November 2009, 09:48 AM
Yeah I agree with you guys. I love my MINI and I love the passionate ownership that comes with them but however I aint buying a £25k small car again when I consider how much other car you can get for your £ and most other cars for that buck wont have interior rattles and other problems like the MINI has, and as such I voted NO.

GCA3N
4th November 2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah I agree with you guys. I love my MINI and I love the passionate ownership that comes with them but however I aint buying a £25k small car again when I consider how much other car you can get for your £ and most other cars for that buck wont have interior rattles and other problems like the MINI has, and as such I voted NO.

Quite sad that you can't get good value for money.

GCA3N
4th November 2009, 11:25 AM
I answered yes origonally but i think if push came to show I would probably go down the road of a 3 series convertable, audi convertable something like that.

Delboy
4th November 2009, 12:23 PM
I answered yes origonally but i think if push came to show I would probably go down the road of a 3 series convertable, audi convertable something like that.

I guess hairdressing must run in the family..... :Whistle:

Gismo
4th November 2009, 12:25 PM
It's a no from me

koolsville
4th November 2009, 12:46 PM
No from me too, I will buy another MINI, but not if it was to be my last car ever.

GCA3N
4th November 2009, 02:17 PM
I guess hairdressing must run in the family..... :Whistle:

That's nasty....:hand:

true....but nasty:lol:

bry_mini
4th November 2009, 06:50 PM
as much as i love minis.....its a no for me!

N16SHP
5th November 2009, 01:07 PM
I voted yes. There are loads of reasons why I would have another car (bigger boot, better passenger space etc) but thats not why we buy a Mini. Now I have found it, I couldn't drag myself away from the Mini-ness now!

I think the only thing I would change would be a few more optional extra's and probably a JCW!