PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi

zimbo
2nd November 2009, 12:16 PM
Man I dont know what anyone else thought of the new Abu Dhabi Yas Marina Circuit, but I think it is AWESOME!! this circuit is going to be the bench mark for any other new circuits that may appear in the future...

I am sure "you'll be able to smell the money..." if your ever lucky enough to be able to go to that circuit, it just looked like it was oozing money everywhere :Whistle:, with that 5* Hotel over the circuit (hate to imagine what prices are for a room) and those HUMUNGOUS yachts/Boats in the marina. I was gobsmacked when I first it... I am still stunned by it.

What a way to end the 2009 season...

Gismo
2nd November 2009, 12:18 PM
I watched a documentary on the building of that circuit including the hotel.
It was built in some ridiculously short time, like 9 months or something :eek:

Delboy
2nd November 2009, 12:51 PM
Yes, I also thought the circuit looked amazing, not to mention the hotel, marina and boats (one of which had its own helicopter :eek:). Would love to go there next season :yes nod: - better start saving now :rolleyes:.

Mini Ecosse
2nd November 2009, 12:58 PM
Looked awesome.:thumbs up:

Smitty
2nd November 2009, 01:43 PM
It was incredible - what a dramatic setting with the hotel and Ferrari World.

Need to save the pennies to take a visit over there :D

Race was a bit of an anti-climax to what was a terrific season. Maybe not quite as excting as 2008 season, but it did shake thehings up and was full of drama :yes nod:

baptie
2nd November 2009, 01:58 PM
Top Venue.
Thought the race was very dull though.

Crackin' season, hope 2010 will be up to the same

Craig
2nd November 2009, 02:05 PM
a guy I know from work was at it... :eek::thud: Lucky G!t. :rolleyes:

looking forward to seeing his pics :thumbs up:

also the hotel cost apparently £800 million which is the same as the track cost... Not bad if you had the money... :yes nod:

it was funny listening to JK on the grid saying that GB should up it's game... well, it's very easy to do that with £1.6 Billion to play with. :lol:

RyanK
2nd November 2009, 02:22 PM
Amazing circuit, looked so cool with all the lights...especially the neons on the hotel! Uncle is back tomorrow from the race, look forward to scuthering through the pics.

Parents have a home over there so I hope to go to the race next year. Can pick up flights for £350 with Air France/KLM...get in!

Big Gordy
2nd November 2009, 02:36 PM
Parents have a home over there so I hope to go to the race next year. Can pick up flights for £350 with Air France/KLM...get in!

How many rooms does it have:Whistle::thumbs up:

The Dogfather
2nd November 2009, 03:24 PM
Puts Donnington into perspective

Crombers
2nd November 2009, 04:03 PM
Having visited Silverstone earlier this year & watching the coverage from Abu Dhabi yesterday you can see why the British GP is under threat. All we have in our favour is the history of British Motorsport.

Smitty
2nd November 2009, 04:25 PM
Having visited Silverstone earlier this year & watching the coverage from Abu Dhabi yesterday you can see why the British GP is under threat. All we have in our favour is the history of British Motorsport.

I agree :sad: Silverstone is a terrific race circuit but it's facilities are so far behind the game it's ridiculus. But sometimes it's not about that...the atmosphere at silverstone is incredible! :yes nod:

DickWW
3rd November 2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah...... Let's build a new circuit around Leith Docks ....

Silverstone isn't so bad..... It's just pretty boring.... The circuit I'd really love to visit is Bathurst - Mount Panorama..... That's a circuit with real attitude.. :clap:

euan
3rd November 2009, 10:40 AM
It looked an amazing circuit, however what it did do was highlight that all the cars have different strengths and as a result, the race was a bit dull. Had Hamilton not had his brake issue, it may have been a bit different, but look at Brazil and the racing that ALWAYS seems to happen there, you'd think they would learn. In saying that, it's the best of the new circuits by a mile.

I'm a bit fed up of all these new circuits though. I know Bernie is trying to recoup his fortune after his divorce, but it's getting a bit silly especially as the European GPs and North American races are the ones going. Canada was a great circuit, as was Magny Cours, but neither has the money to compete with these nations.

Bernie's issue with Silverstone isn't the parking, the grandstands, or the toilet facilities - it's the lack of corporate entertainment space and that is the real issue in F1 in general, it's taking it away from the real fans.