PDA

View Full Version : Union Square Aberdeen

koolsville
2nd November 2009, 11:54 AM
I went in on Sunday with the Mrs for look around.
I left thinking... what a hell of a lot of fuss and whole mountain of money for what appears to be about thirty 'girl' shops.

Forbes
2nd November 2009, 12:23 PM
Huh I went this morning only just back, there is 4 shops in the whole thing that I thought were any good. Way too many empty shops. Happy Cult Clothing has come up here now, always go there when I go to Edinburgh and Glasgow.
My car in the car park at 10.55:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/Forbes-89/IMG00029-20091102-1049.jpg

Thats two hours after opening and I had been there a hour and I was the only one on the second floor, the first floor was quarter full

dellie
2nd November 2009, 12:42 PM
We went on Saturday.

It's nice to see some shops that haven't been in Aberdeen before, especially Hobbycraft since im making all the wedding invites etc, saves me hunting for things online.

I quite liked paperchase but then im a girl and there was lots of girly things!!

Bazthemod
2nd November 2009, 12:56 PM
Is there not an Apple store too?

Forbes
2nd November 2009, 12:58 PM
Indeed there Is Baz. Rather rubbish compared to the Glasgow one.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/lomax5927/IMG_1100.jpg

GCA3N
2nd November 2009, 01:07 PM
Huh I went this morning only just back, there is 4 shops in the whole thing that I thought were any good.

Top shop, accessorize, the body shop and river island.

Thats two hours after opening and I had been there a hour and I was the only one on the second floor, the first floor was quarter full

So there was only 4 shops you liked and you were there an HOUR ..........YA BIG WUMMON:lol:

GCA3N
2nd November 2009, 01:08 PM
Were you and Baz doin a wee bit of retail therapy!

Forbes
2nd November 2009, 01:09 PM
I had to have a look in the others. Take my time. Was looking for a winter jacket. It was under a hour,since parking cost £1

GCA3N
2nd November 2009, 01:12 PM
I had to have a look in the others. Take my time. Was looking for a winter jacket. It was under a hour,since parking cost £1

you tight Ar$e.

RyanK
2nd November 2009, 01:22 PM
Well hyped up. Anyone from Aberdeen see all the sad gits waiting at the front door before it opened!

I think the shops they have got are terrible, nothing that I am a fan of really tbh...besides the Apple store which is handy. I will still continue to shop online or visit Glasgow/Edinburgh.

Drove past on Friday night though & it does look very smart all lit up etc:cool:

Kren__
2nd November 2009, 01:26 PM
Was in there on Friday. Managed four shops with the wife, spent near on £200 before realising that's my strut brace money gone! :ragin:

The Apple shop looks a waste of time, would rather buy Apple stuff off the net, or not at all...

On the upside I don't have to pay for parking there since my work is right next door. :D

Good to see it finally open, four years late mind...

Bazthemod
2nd November 2009, 01:26 PM
Haha that looks really poor compared to Buchanan Street Apple Store! :rolleyes:

Smitty
2nd November 2009, 01:49 PM
Is this the development down by the train station? Sorry, not been back in Aberdeen for ages, so not up to date with the local highlights :Whistle:

Personally, I don't see the point with the number of empty shops there were kicking about 6 months ago. I'm guessing those empty shops are still empty....:confused:

Good old Aberdeen Council....not really thinking things through!! :thud::frown:

N16SHP
2nd November 2009, 06:25 PM
I was in there today, and have to say what a disappointment. They are claiming 80% occupancy by Xmas, but i am very skeptical about that.

Agree about it being good that Cult is now here, but apart from that, not interested at all with anything else.

And yes Ryan, i seen all the sado's outside before it open...nearly crashed with laughter. Its like the Next sale, never see the point in queing from stupid o'clock in the morning!

rpn
2nd November 2009, 07:19 PM
Was there on Saturday purely for one thing, to get the Magic Mouse from Apple store. Then a quick walk round. In and out of the centre front door under 20 minutes. All shops nowadays are just 'standardised' national chain. :frown:

RyanK
2nd November 2009, 08:01 PM
I was in there today, and have to say what a disappointment. They are claiming 80% occupancy by Xmas, but i am very skeptical about that.

Agree about it being good that Cult is now here, but apart from that, not interested at all with anything else.

And yes Ryan, i seen all the sado's outside before it open...nearly crashed with laughter. Its like the Next sale, never see the point in queing from stupid o'clock in the morning!

I have never been to cult. Will have to have a sn00p after you and Ben have recommended :thumbs up:

Forbes
2nd November 2009, 11:05 PM
I hope more shops do open quickly because otherwise it is a real waste of time. And Martin there has been a few more shops open but nothing worth speaking about really. Like Ryan if I really wanted to spend lots of money would head to Glasgow or Edinburgh any day still. Other thing is they are all dotted about even more now.

Sheilz
2nd November 2009, 11:23 PM
Think a lot of those saddos would have been laughing all the way home with the free goodies given to the first 100 or so customers to each shop. I think the Apple store were giving away free iphones ipods and one or a handful of laptops. I heard the Police had to form a chain across the front to hold the crowds back. Bet the police felt right dafties dressed up in their banana suits with their wee blue flashing lights on their chests. Haven't even driven past this yet. Will get round to it one of these years. Shopping isn't my thing

rpn
3rd November 2009, 01:44 PM
I asked the guy who served me in the Apple shop and he said it was just tee shirts they were given away.

My wife got me one even thought she walked into the centre about 1:00pm.

john
3rd November 2009, 04:49 PM

The parking has been FREE all week!!:hand:

Forbes
3rd November 2009, 06:45 PM
It wasn't on Monday, had to pay to get out

dellie
3rd November 2009, 08:09 PM
It was free on Thursday night and tonight for me but had to pay on Saturday

I did notice guys working on the barriers when i went in

john
3rd November 2009, 11:34 PM
I was there on Thursday, Monday and Tonight... FREE FREE FREE :bigwave:

Forbes